Cammer

Country Boy Diapered
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Ok yall so I work out of town every once in a while as a land surveyor and I was just sent out of town this week. This will be my first week out of town since l decided to go 24/7 till I can find some potential answers on my incontinence. I’m very much new to not necessarily diapers but, needing them for extended periods of time. My question is what do y’all do about disposal? The little trash cans in a hotel are a one and done deal and surly the maids don’t want a dozen bags to deal with so what do y’all do at hotels?

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Jk95, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I work front desk at a hotel, I would change in the downstairs public bathroom

Reactions: Diprs2, abdilly, Toaster and 1 other person
TheDiaperedCowboy said:
Ok yall so I work out of town every once in a while as a land surveyor and I was just sent out of town this week. This will be my first week out of town since l decided to go 24/7 till I can find some potential answers on my incontinence. I’m very much new to not necessarily diapers but, needing them for extended periods of time. My question is what do y’all do about disposal? The little trash cans in a hotel are a one and done deal and surly the maids don’t want a dozen bags to deal with so what do y’all do at hotels?
A lot of times there are 2 trash cans, one bathroom, one main room, so there's that. Sometimes I would just take them with me in the morning to dump them in a trash can somewhere, gas station or whatever.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pamts and huggiesthick
I do one of 2 things. 1) ask for a larger trash can when you check in. 2) I bag my used oned and throw them in the dumpster myself.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jk95, LordDuque and 2 others
A lot of times you might find a larger garbage can on your floor, like near where the ice machine is. It depends on which hotel you are staying in, but there are usually bigger garbage cans somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Samantha and AUG168
crinklybabyblue said:
A lot of times you might find a larger garbage can on your floor, like near where the ice machine is. It depends on which hotel you are staying in, but there are usually bigger garbage cans somewhere.
This. I travel for work and this is what I do.

Reactions: Diprs2 and abdilly
AUG168 said:
This. I travel for work and this is what I do.
Same for me

Swing by Walmart or dollar tree and get a roll of cheap trash bags and bag them up and leave them in the bathroom… also a tip is nice too . The housekeeping has seen it all

Reactions: Diprs2, jaredc3, Charlotte0067 and 1 other person
I always packed some plastic bags and wrapped up my wet and sometimes messy diaper and either disposed of my diaper in the trash by the ice machine or simply went outside of the hotel and found a trash can.

Reactions: Diprs2
We carry extra small garbage bags big enough for one day and I use them to dispose of my wet diapers and I leave the Bag on the floor i. the bathroom by the supplied garbage pail all nest and tidy and sealed. We also leave a minimum $5.00 tip per night or more depending on service level

I recently bought some small garbage bags specific for baby diapers and they're big enough also for adult diapers. Sometimes they're scented so that helps with the smell.

It depends on how loong I am staying in the hotel. Many hotels dont have daily housekeeping, but you can request that they pick up the trash daily. If you feel like it or find it easier to explain why, just do it. I have never experienced or read about anyone having a issue by hotel staff when it comes to covering your needs. What ever they are.

I always wrap them in small plastic bags used to pick up dog poop. This conseals everything and makes me feel more relaxed about someone else taking it away.

If I request daily trash pickup I also put 3-4 bags in a bigger grocery store plastic bag and tight it up. Then I leave everything at the bathroom floor by the bathroom trashcan.

If I dont request daily trash pickup because I'm i.e just staying for 2-3 days.
Then I usually spread out where I put them.

1 goes in the plastic trashbag on the housekeeping wagon while passing by when they are cleaning other rooms.
1 goes in the gas station/shopping center/ wallmart/what ever outside trashcan.
1 goes in the next gas station/shopping center/ wallmart/what ever outside trashcan.
1 goes in what ever other location I can find. (Depending if I have a rental car) If there is a large dumpster available nearby, then this is heaven ✌️

I also do some Google streetview reseach on where available trashcans are.

On the last day before check out I put 3-4 bags in a grocery store plastic bag and leave it in the bathroom.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
TheDiaperedCowboy said:
I just put in a small trash bag and take it with me when I go to my car. There is always a trash can in the parking lot and nobody knows what or who put anything in them. The one time I forgot to pack a dark coloured trash bag or even a store shopping bag, I just put it in the bathroom trash and left a $5 on the vanity for the maid but then I was not coming back to that hotel any more so it did not matter. I also make sure I take a disposable bed pad with me in case I leak at night as I donèt want to explain to house keeping why the bed is wet .

Last edited:
Here's what I've done, When I go to a hotel I'll usually carry small black trash bags with me and also a small tote bag or backpack. The steps are then: Load the used diaper in a trash bag, put it in the tote/backpack, go out to the parking lot, find a trash can, dump the trash bag in the can. For me this has worked many, many times, if your hotel doesn't have a can in the parking lot you could always ditch it in a gas station garbage can.

I just remembered NorthShore makes these little bags that can hide a diaper and mask the scent.

Attachments

• 20220806_145724.jpg
    20220806_145724.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20220806_145756.jpg
    20220806_145756.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Diprs2, abdilly, Jk95 and 2 others
TheDiaperedCowboy said:
You could provably scout out a close by dumpster and carry some black bags and toss em out evey morning. Thats how i would do it.

I’m just back from holidays in a hotel, and when I saw myself in that problem (just one little trash bin) I just went to reception and told them the matter (excuse me, I’ve got a disability, resulting in….bla bla bla…diaper need 24/7…etc etc) and they gave me extra bin and some other plastic bags for dirty diapers and with no trouble and very comprehensive (or seemed so at least what’s enough to me 😝) and that was it. Problem forgotten for the remaining days. That’s how I managed it, hope it’s helpful for someone else. best regards!,

Reactions: Diprs2, jwh, Manzanita and 1 other person
Last time I stayed in a small hotel, I did just use the tiny trash can... But the time before that, I did bag up my own diapers and just use the dumpster out back. Granted, it was more because I had ordered a pizza and the box genuinely would not fit.
I don't worry about leaving diapers since I know that room has definitely seen worse shit before (lol)

Manzanita said:
I just remembered NorthShore makes these little bags that can hide a diaper and mask the scent.
I wouldn't bother with these; you can get scented trash bags at most stores that carry trash bags at all now. A roll of those will be a fraction of the price.

I've been traveling with diapers about 25 years now. I've tried every technique listed above at just about every hotel from Super 8 to Waldorf Astoria.

Nowadays, if I have a trash bag, disposal bag, or grocery bag, I tie them up in there out of courtesy and leave them in the room. If I don't I just put them in the trash. In the event of a poopy one (very rare for me) where I don't have a good disposal bag - I take them outside out of courtesy.

I don't make a big deal of it. If the diaper ends up going in my room trash so what. No one has ever said a word about it.

I do often leave housekeeping tips for good service but I don't do that because of the contents of my trash. I just do it because they work hard and generally do a good job.

Manzanita said:
These bags are the real deal. I have used them the last 4 hotel stays. They mask the smell very well. What makes them unique is how hefty they are. Often times the bags in a roll are very thin mil - I appreciated how thick and strong they are.

If it's a diaper or two I'll simply leave them near the garbage in the bathroom - very sealed so there's not evidence of anything diapery. If it's more than that I will find a common trash can that gets regularly emptied - near an ice machine, near the entrance, etc. If there's a dumpster accessible I'll throw them there.

I try to alleviate the need for housekeeping to deal with my odd proclivities. But if there is no other option I try to make it as painless as possible.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jonnythepony and Angelapinks
Back