Who plays Warframe?

Naquadah

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Any other padded Tenno here? I’m absolutely loving Warframe and I would like to have some friends to squad up with.

I’m MR 12 and I just unlocked steel path yesterday. I have only played solo or with pubs, all on PC.

I’m in USA central timezone.

its been a bit but i might get back in

That would be awesome, when are you available?

I played Warframe on the PC right back in the beta days (when there were only about 5 frames available) I even had the excal prime when they gave it out, I got deep into it for a while and then moved on. Really annoyed though cause I have no idea what my login details were anymore and I think the Email I used to set it up was shut down years and years ago so I can't get it back.

I switched to playing on xbox for a while as I managed to get a lot of my destiny clan into Warframe too, that account is much further than my old PC one but I havn't logged in there for a couple years either can't remember exactly but a while after the open world zone on earth was released, I think Gara was the newest frame when I stopped so maybe around update 22 ish .

Belarin said:
I played Warframe on the PC right back in the beta days (when there were only about 5 frames available) I even had the excal prime when they gave it out, I got deep into it for a while and then moved on. Really annoyed though cause I have no idea what my login details were anymore and I think the Email I used to set it up was shut down years and years ago so I can't get it back.

I switched to playing on xbox for a while as I managed to get a lot of my destiny clan into Warframe too, that account is much further than my old PC one but I havn't logged in there for a couple years either can't remember exactly but a while after the open world zone on earth was released, I think Gara was the newest frame when I stopped so maybe around update 22 ish .

There have been a bunch of really good updates since then. Several new open worlds, spaceship combat, a souls-like mode, and a lot of QOL stuff.

You're lucky because you'll get to do The New War for the first time. It's one of the most epic quests I have ever done in a game.

I started playing about a year ago and I just got caught up.

Also there is full cross-play and cross-save, so you could link your XBox and pc accounts and play on either platform.

Sweet they finally got cross play/save in there, Might have to boot it up at some point, While I had a lot of fun with it on Xbox I do prefer games like that with mouse and keyboard, so much easier to aim and hit crit shots.

It was weird cause after I stopped playing on PC it was a few years before I picked it up on Xbox and it was almost an entirely new game where so much had changed, I get the feeling that the same would happen now, Warframe is constantly evolving.

That's one of the things I love about Digital Extremes and Warframe in particular. It is a huge passion project for them and it shows clearly in the attention and work they have put into it for now over a decade after it's launch.

It actually very nearly never got made, it was one of those "hail Mary" projects. They had worked on a number of projects for other studios for around 20 years and began pitching this idea to anyone and everyone getting rejected over and over, being told "sci-fi is dead" they eventually changed the idea and reset everything into a more modern era changing a bunch of ideas and ended up creating a game called Dark Sector.

Dark sector was not overly well received and really underperformed in sales, and at a time of huge shifts in the industry, Digital Extremes was in big financial trouble. They had to lay off 1/3 of their staff and were going bankrupt, They had enough funds left to try one last game and if it failed it would be the end of the company. So they decided if they were only able to make one more game then it was going to be the one game they had always wanted to do but never had the support for, they basically thought "screw what the publishers want we are doing this " and began working on Warframe.

And now look at it, It's a freaking huge name and has brought the company right back up.

I was doing a little digging to try and figure out a timeline so for any who know Warframe's history since it's conception...

I was unable to get in on the earliest closed beta but I did get to join from about update 4 or 5 in 2012 It must have been this point because I got Excalibur prime (which was added in update 5 and only ever given to the early backers) and I remember Frost was the first new frame added after I joined and that was update 6.

I pretty much played it exclusively for quite a while getting really deep into it until somewhere around update 13 before I started moving off and playing other games more again. I remember them adding player ships which was update 14 and introducing Archwings (update 15) though I don't really remember playing with them on pc and I know Mesa wasn't introduced yet, she came in update 15.5 so it must be very shortly after 15 that I stopped playing.

This basically means I missed a whole bunch of the story content since all the updates before update 17 were pretty much gameplay related (getting mission types setup, balancing, adding frames, weapons, enemies, the mod system, interfaces etc.) the only real thing that could be considered mainline story was Vor's revenge). I also missed out on the parkour 2.0, while there was a lot of parkour in there already they drastically changed movement in update 17.

I must have restarted on the Xbox sometime after update 18 was released probably closer to 19, I remember The War Within being new content for me on the Xbox I then played all through the plains of Eidolon (update 22) And spent a LOT of time getting that account up to a good standing. I know I began with "the sacrifice" (update 23) but stopped shortly after that as I was playing a lot of Destiny at the time too. The second open world had not been released and that was update 24.

We are now on update 35 so I have missed the last 12 updates and not seen any of the content from the last 6 years... There is going to be a ton of catching up to do.

Oh yeah, Warframe has an incredible story. I watched the documentary and it really made me love Digital Extremes. They made the game not because they are some super-greedy AAA company that wanted to maximize profits for the shareholders, but to literally save the company. They clearly love their work and appreciate the people who play it.

The parkour system is half the reason I play this game. It is some of the most exciting, dynamic combat I have ever played in a game. The graphics are also beautiful, especially for how well the game runs. It is so well-optimized, it makes games like Starfield look like a joke.

Warframe has actually gotten much better over the last two years because they have a new creative director, Rebecca Ford. She was the community manager for ten years and plays Warframe herself every day. She really knows what the players want. Every update since she took over has had at least one long-requested QOL fix or rework.

If you want to play, hit me up on the ADISC discord, or DM me here. I would love to help you catch up on the last few years of stuff you missed. Especially the open-world activities. I love those and they are even more fun with another player.

I played briefly in 2013. I liked it, but was already burnt out on competitive shooters by then. Still am.

LaLoneDigi said:
I played briefly in 2013. I liked it, but was already burnt out on competitive shooters by then. Still am.
The game has evolved so much since then, there is so much more to do. If you want to jump back in, DM me.

Naquadah said:
Oh yeah, Warframe has an incredible story. I watched the documentary and it really made me love Digital Extremes. They made the game not because they are some super-greedy AAA company that wanted to maximize profits for the shareholders, but to literally save the company. They clearly love their work and appreciate the people who play it.
Definitely not a profit focused company though they must be making some good money to keep it going on one game over a decade. The absolute proof though is in the way they do monetisation. As a free to play game obviously they have to have a store and some kind of way to get people spending money but unlike every other company out there they have actually got the system RIGHT!

The only things you can't get without paying are purely cosmetic, everything else you can get in game with enough time and effort. But the most important thing I feel is that players can buy stuff from each other using the paid for Platinum currency, I can't think of a single other game that allows players to use the "real money" currency to trade with other players and it means that if you are willing to put in some time farming for items that are harder/longer to get you can actually earn platinum without spending a penny to then buy the stuff you want when you want it.

Add to this the fact that some time before I re joined on Xbox prime items broken down and used to get credits (was it ducats or something) for more endgame stuff (overcharged mods for instance) from the traveling vendor which can get expensive so players who are happy to spend will always be looking to buy more parts.

Naquadah said:
The parkour system is half the reason I play this game. It is some of the most exciting, dynamic combat I have ever played in a game. The graphics are also beautiful, especially for how well the game runs. It is so well-optimized, it makes games like Starfield look like a joke.
Yeah it always ran smooth and graphics have only gotten better over time. The parkour system though is good but I did prefer one thing, in the older version wall running was an actual run on the wall, the parkour 2.0 system they kinda jump along the walls, it just looked better cause the new system feels good.

Naquadah said:
Warframe has actually gotten much better over the last two years because they have a new creative director, Rebecca Ford. She was the community manager for ten years and plays Warframe herself every day. She really knows what the players want. Every update since she took over has had at least one long-requested QOL fix or rework.
Omg Rebecca is the GOAT! Do you watch the livestreams and community update vids etc. if they still do them? used to be a weekly vid covering everything from future idea's/updates to just gameplay advice and fun things. Always worth a watch as they often give stuff away.

I've actually been in a squad and played a few missions with Rebecca and a couple of the other dev's, They all play the game with their own accounts and will often set their matchmaking to join random missions.

Naquadah said:
If you want to play, hit me up on the ADISC discord, or DM me here. I would love to help you catch up on the last few years of stuff you missed. Especially the open-world activities. I love those and they are even more fun with another player.
I may do that if I can get the cross save working to load up my Xbox file, will take a bit to get back into practice especially with keyboard and mouse again rather than controller, kinda getting into nightingale right now though and tempted with Lost Echoes too.

The monetization is mostly really good, especially because of the p2p trading. The only things I have a problem with are the crafting times and inventory slots. Those feel kinda scummy.

I don't usually watch the twitch streams live, but I do sometimes watch the VODs.They are such a great group, you can feel the positive energy.

You have actually played with Rebb and the DE devs? That's really cool!

Back