Who here is the “baby” in their family?

TeddyBearCowboy said:
Wow! There is seemingly quite a trend here of folks being the youngest in their family. Aunt that’s because of the question itself, so less responding that are not, but this is rather interesting indeed!
Yeah, i'd say the question skewed the responses for sure.

But being the littelest is still prob going to be in the 30% range or better, being that there a lot of single kids, and a lot of only 2 kids being 50% the baby. Then i'd say that it goes down quickly the amount of siblings in the west, as the family size has been going down for many many decads now.

Also, iknow kids that are still referred to by moms as just "one of my babies" quite often as well.

I feel that to most moms you will always be thier baby.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
Yes, I am the youngest in the family. I was always considered the baby both because of my age and the fact that I was always small growing up. It doesn't get mentioned much anymore, but I definitely find it ironic.

I'm the only child and my mom always told me "i would always be her baby." My dad always called me Kiddo and still does to this day. Which vibes much more with my little age.

My Aunt calls my Panda which feels like an equally little nickname. It has never upset me, and now I think I understand why.

Reactions: JazzBaby and TeddyBearCowboy
being youngest in the family I too was called the Baby,I dont particularly like it

I am the youngest of my immediate family, but not the oldest in my extended one (but still).

I did not get referred as the baby of the family but I do still get called different "childish" nicknames a lot (in dutch of course).

but I do still wear diapers and other babyish stuff from time to time so you tell me 😀

Back