Who else likes to hold until they lose control?

TeeMousy said:
I recall once hearing about a woman who died from that. She was on a radio show contest trying to win a Nintendo Wii for her kid, they called it Hold your pee for a Wii.
On a lighter note they missed an opportunity. "Don't wee for a Wii." 😳😆🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DinoFrant, TeeMousy, mistykitty and 1 other person
This is something I will do on occasion but not regularly.

TeeMousy said:
I recall once hearing about a woman who died from that. She was on a radio show contest trying to win a Nintendo Wii for her kid, they called it Hold your pee for a Wii.
Not entirely the matter. The cause of death was water toxicity due to extreme dilution of electrolyte concentration in her cerebrospinal fluid. There was simply not enough electrolyte versus fluid in her brain to transmit impulses and her body shut down.

I remembered the incident well: it was "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" and during the call a Registered Nurse even called in, warning the DJs of the dangers of water toxicity; they just laughed it off, said they not only had disclaimers filled out but insurance as well. The woman won concert tickets, went home, felt groggy, went to the bathroom...and died. The DJs were, of course, fired...and the radio station was, of course, sued for $16.5 million. Deservingly so.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Fiammaverde, littledub1955, Edgewater and 2 others
PadPhilosopher said:
On a lighter note they missed an opportunity. "Don't wee for a Wii." 😳😆🤣🤣🤣
Of course, outside of British influenced areas, this wouldn't be widely understood.

Reactions: Edgewater and TeeMousy
artemisenterri said:
She died from electrolytic imbalance caused by all the water she drank in such a short time, not because she was holding for too long...
Sounds similar to that one place that thought is was a good idea to do a salt eating contest

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher, TeeMousy and 2 others
mistykitty said:
Sounds similar to that one place that thought is was a good idea to do a salt eating contest
Unless the person in question already has a high sodium level, or an abnormally high blood pressure, that doesn't seem so dangerous...

My resting blood pressure is low enough that whenever I use those generic blood pressure testing chairs at different stores (the ones that just used LEDs, before going all computerized with the "HIGI" systems) I was always too low to even display on their scales...

And I love eating salt...

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
mistykitty said:
If only salt eating and water chugging happened in the same competition they might have canceled out the risks of each other? 🤔

• Thinking
Reactions: TeeMousy, mistykitty, artemisenterri and 1 other person
mistykitty said:
I like salt to.

I forget who hosted it but it was a tik tok challenge.
My wife harasses me constantly when I add salt to my plate when out at a restaurant, particularly if I order fries and I can visibly see there's little or no salt on them... She swears up and down they are already salted, but I know for a fact they weren't before I added it myself.

• Hug
Reactions: littledub1955, TeeMousy, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
artemisenterri said:
Unless the person in question already has a high sodium level, or an abnormally high blood pressure, that doesn't seem so dangerous...

My resting blood pressure is low enough that whenever I use those generic blood pressure testing chairs at different stores (the ones that just used LEDs, before going all computerized with the "HIGI" systems) I was always too low to even display on their scales...

And I love eating salt...
There's a fairly-broad spread of electrolytes in the cerebrospinal fluid besides sodium; there's also "potassium, chloride, bicarbonate, calcium, phosphate, magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, manganese, molybdenum, copper, and chromium. In terms of body functioning, six electrolytes are most important: sodium, potassium, chloride, bicarbonate, calcium, and phosphate". All in a fine balance. Extremely tricky to restore, let alone manage.

Reactions: littledub1955, TeeMousy, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
There's a fairly-broad spread of electrolytes in the cerebrospinal fluid besides sodium; there's also "potassium, chloride, bicarbonate, calcium, phosphate, magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, manganese, molybdenum, copper, and chromium. In terms of body functioning, six electrolytes are most important: sodium, potassium, chloride, bicarbonate, calcium, and phosphate". All in a fine balance. Extremely tricky to restore, let alone manage.
but unless said person already had an excessive sodium level, unless they were consuming ridiculously excessive amounts of salt in a short period of time, i don't see it being that quick to kill...

Folks, please bear in mind that resisting your body's natural process until your body gives out may not be healthy.
I'm not a doctor, and this isn't medical advice, but as far as I know pain and discomfort are signals from your body that something is wrong.

• Love
Reactions: DinoFrant, littledub1955, TeeMousy and 5 others
Moo said:
Folks, please bear in mind that resisting your body's natural process until your body gives out may not be healthy.
I'm not a doctor, and this isn't medical advice, but as far as I know pain and discomfort are signals from your body that something is wrong.
We have all the information at our fingertips like never before, at a second's availability. But, in the end, I wonder what the biggest internet opiate is...because it certainly isn't E/I.

Amzz92 said:
It's my favourite thing to do. I love getting to the point where I'm dancing up and down on the spot desperately holding my crotch. Eventually my bladder gives way and the relief is just heavenly.
It sure is.

• Wow
Not my thing. I actually hate to hold my pee and loathe the feeling of a full bladder, so I do the exact opposite and just let go in my diaper at the first urge.

However while growing up I used to hold it to that point rather frequently because I was either too busy playing or too engrossed in whatever I was doing to care about going to the bathroom, so I spent most of my childhood and tween years with a pee spot on my crotch. Also I used to be a potty-shy kid so when were out I didn't let the grown up in charge -mostly my mom- know I had to go until it was almost too late so accidents were not uncommon either.

But the worst part was elementary and middle school because students were not allowed to leave the classroom under any circumstance, which caused me to panic every time I needed to go mid-class making my need to go even more urgent and causing me to have accidents regularly.

• Wow
  • Hug
Reactions: wetaccident, artemisenterri, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
babyjoe698 said:
I sometimes will do that and have an accident in my pull ups
In what world can a pull up take a full wetting?????

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Are you sure about bicarbonate? O2 - CO2 are not free in blood stream, but tied to hemoglobin.
I don't see where you have significant and regulated amounts of free bicarbonate in human body.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely. I came to my DL side more from a long time love of pee desperation and wetting than anything else!

• Wow
Reactions: Pelusos, DinoFrant and PadPhilosopher
Back