Consul

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Hi,

So I'm still new-ish to the furry community, and have decided to take the next step of figuring out a fursona of some kind for myself.
I've read posts and topics on various sites (including this one), but am running up against a bit of confusion on how to proceed...

I enjoy furry stuff on its own, but I think for my own fursona I think I'd like it to incorporate my ABDL side as well. The two interests intersect a lot for me.
That said, it's clear that diaperfur/babyfur stuff is still quite taboo in the furry community and a lot of artists won't do commissions for that.

All I'm looking for is commissioning a reference of some kind for the fursona. It would be cute and G-rated. I'm not looking for anything beyond that.
My fav artist is Panda Paco, but I'm not sure he's taking commissions anymore. I also like Colt3n, but I don't think he does any commissions either?

Any tips? Any artists people can point me to?

And in general, how does one balance this side of themselves with interacting with others in the fandom (especially at conventions)?

Thanks!

Consul said:
I have yet to commission any art myself but I know that one of my favorite diaperfur/babyfur artists, Applepup, is open for commissions.
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/applepup
Consul said:
And in general, how does one balance this side of themselves with interacting with others in the fandom (especially at conventions)?
Its really up to you how you want to balance it and what sides you want to be involved with. I myself am more on the side of keeping it mostly hidden and separate since I want to be involved with both sides. From what I get from my (online and mostly lurking) experience is that most furries will have a separate account on twitter/furaffinity for this side (either a little account [usually sfw] or so called "after dark" [usually nsfw] account) and their regular account for everything else. There are also a lot of furs that keep it a secret (I am one of those for the most part but I'm a nobody in the fandom). So much that there was a period of time where a bunch of furs came out as abdls on twitter. Then less commonly there are furs that their fandom presence is only abdl/babyfur as that is the only side they want involvement with.

I have yet to attend a con but I know that there are often meetups/panels just for this stuff. From what I've seen in pictures and videos most furs if anything will have something small that lets them identify that they are babyfur/abdl if they want, like a marci badge or peekabu hat or pin. Occasionally some furs will wear little clothes around cons too.

Reactions: Consul
PaddedWolfie said:
I have yet to commission any art myself but I know that one of my favorite diaperfur/babyfur artists, Applepup, is open for commissions.
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/applepup

Its really up to you how you want to balance it and what sides you want to be involved with. I myself am more on the side of keeping it mostly hidden and separate since I want to be involved with both sides. From what I get from my (online and mostly lurking) experience is that most furries will have a separate account on twitter/furaffinity for this side (either a little account [usually sfw] or so called "after dark" [usually nsfw] account) and their regular account for everything else. There are also a lot of furs that keep it a secret (I am one of those for the most part but I'm a nobody in the fandom). So much that there was a period of time where a bunch of furs came out as abdls on twitter. Then less commonly there are furs that their fandom presence is only abdl/babyfur as that is the only side they want involvement with.

I have yet to attend a con but I know that there are often meetups/panels just for this stuff. From what I've seen in pictures and videos most furs if anything will have something small that lets them identify that they are babyfur/abdl if they want, like a marci badge or peekabu hat or pin. Occasionally some furs will wear little clothes around cons too.
Wow that art by Applepup is so adorable!!! Thank you for the reference!

And yes, I'm realizing I may need to do something similar and keep things separate. I like to keep my ABDL side private anyways, so it makes sense.

Thank you again!

Reactions: PaddedWolfie
Consul said:
I don't shove it into peoples faces, but I'm not secretive about it either. If you go to a convention you'll see tons of marci badges that are a very distinctive visual style, almost exclusively commissioned by babyfurs, and very often have visible diapers.

For me personally I have an nsfw account that has all my nsfw stuff on it, and then my normal account without nsfw stuff. Babyfur content goes on the nsfw account, and if people find it and don't like it, they're not people I wanted to interact with anyway.

Consul said:
That said, it's clear that diaperfur/babyfur stuff is still quite taboo in the furry community and a lot of artists won't do commissions for that.
There's a difference between "taboo" and "not comfortable drawing it". I had an artist friend who's not really into diapers draw my character in a diaper, and it didn't go so great. Turns out it's hard to draw for a fetish you don't have, and we kept going back and forth on how the diaper looked until both of us ended feeling kind of frustrated and shitty.

As far as furries who think it's an actual taboo, you'll find that they're a vocal minority. They're also very often comprised of minors (who shouldn't be interacting with it in the first place) and people with problematic views who are just picking on the only target they have left now that it's no longer socially acceptable to beat up on the gays.

Just browse furry art sites like Furaffinity, Deviantart, Twitter, Inkbunny*, e621, etc. and look for artstyles that you like and see if the artist is open for commissions.

*be warned IB is very lax on explicit content so don't visit there if you're squeamish, but with sites like DA and FA getting more strict with their policies, ABDL/babyfur-friendly spaces are starting to become less common

Reactions: PaddedWolfie and Cottontail
I recommend Marci McAdam. All my art so far is from her. http://www.theartofmarci.com/ She is expensive though.
There are other artists like Yookey, Panda Rauch that I like as well.

Large percentage of furries are baby/diaperfur so for some it might be taboo but I have not had any negative experience advertising subtly that I am babyfur when I go to cons or talk to people. Don't feel bad if you get any negative reaction, I don't find that is the norm. I find most people are aware of it in some way and some will ask questions and generally be civil at least. If I had to guess, as much as 10% of furries might be in the fandom, otherwise participating or just interested in babyfur art.

Reactions: PaddedWolfie
This topic lists some popular artists. So far I've worked with Minette Fraise, MuffinScribbles, and NimaDoodleZ (a.k.a. Sheepy)--all good experiences. I'd recommend signing up on FurAffinity or another furry site and racking up favorites. Inevitably you'll draw inspiration from other people's commissions as well, so it's just helpful all around.

I've not gone to any cons, and have only my babyfursona, so I've not been too concerned about mixing furry and ABDL. And thankfully I've not had any negative interactions with anybody in the wider fandom.

Thank you everyone for your input! Some good suggestions and feedback for sure :)

Reactions: Cottontail
Consul said:
Hi,

So I'm still new-ish to the furry community, and have decided to take the next step of figuring out a fursona of some kind for myself.
I've read posts and topics on various sites (including this one), but am running up against a bit of confusion on how to proceed...

I enjoy furry stuff on its own, but I think for my own fursona I think I'd like it to incorporate my ABDL side as well. The two interests intersect a lot for me.

All I'm looking for is commissioning a reference of some kind for the fursona. It would be cute and G-rated. I'm not looking for anything beyond that.
My fav artist is Panda Paco, but I'm not sure he's taking commissions anymore. I also like Colt3n, but I don't think he does any commissions either?

Thanks!

He does awesome stuff!

Back