Where do I powder and lotion during diaper changes?

hidden1234

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ok so this may seem like a silly question, but I genuinely don't know XD
do I put the baby powder, lotion and coconut oil in my diaper, or on my bum and diaper area?

Reactions: TheGrimmRetails and Deleted member 57387
I'm super lazy. I just dump powder and lotion on the diaper before I put it on.

• Wow
Reactions: KrankyPants, BlameBaby, TheGrimmRetails and 2 others
thanks guys! i wasnt sure haha

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
So if i use lotion (my stuff is totally unscented and just to provide moisturizer)…. I will put some gloves on and put the lotion on the skin… wherever it can be lotioned.

For powder i am totally hands-off, i sprinkle powder on the back of the diaper then sprinkle it on my front. And then tape up

Reactions: Jonnythepony, hidden1234 and Deleted member 57387
During the hot months I like to apply a full coating of either barrier cream or powder all over my diaper area, including around my hips on both sides, before putting on my diapee.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Coyoteslayer, hidden1234 and 1 other person
DinoFran said:
During the hot months I like to apply a full coating of either barrier cream or powder all over my diaper area, including around my hips on both sides, before putting on my diapee.
DinoFran said:
DinoFran said:
DinoFran said:
DinoFran said:
DinoFran said:
DinoFran said:
That's what I do too, but now I'm probably gonna start using oil and pour the powder on top and then tape up.

• Thinking
Reactions: KrankyPants and DinoFrant
First nappy of the day (or overnight) just sprinkle powder around your crotch area
If out and about and have been wetting, then lotion rubbed into the crotch area and then powder the same area to avoid nappy rash
For good measure lightly sprinkle powder near the wings and the leak guards of your nappy, but not so much in the centre as it can turn the powder to mushies and be uncomfortable

JoeRelax said:
I put the lotion on and then put my diaper on.
Then I just dump the baby powder into my diaper thru my front snd rear diape waist bands
same here, though i usually use a disposable washglove to apply the lotion, since some of them can be a bit annoying concerning tapes once it get on your hands

Reactions: theancientmariner and Deleted member 57387
I rub lotion around my boy parts and bottom, sprinkle powder over the same area and on my diaper.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
Isn't the powder to prevent liquid touching your body? Putting into your diaper would have adverse effects.

Barush said:
Isn't the powder to prevent liquid touching your body? Putting into your diaper would have adverse effects.
yeah but you can't really put powder on the back of your rear end, so putting powder there in the diaper is easier.

Reactions: Lyric and Deleted member 57387
I haven't figured out lotion, or oil yet. If i have or feel like im getting a rash. I will apply zinc oxide paste to any spots and rub the rest into the folds of my sack and occasionally to my crack.

For powder; I have a stockpile of talc based jj's and to conserve it I've been using a powder poof. I will apply powder fairly liberally to my entire diaper area. But my main focus is on my sides where the wings are, and my inner thighs, and anywhere where paste might be sticky.

I just put diaper cream around my bum and pour the powder into the diaper

Bearcatz said:
I'm super lazy. I just dump powder and lotion on the diaper before I put it on.
You need to put powder and lotion on skin, not on diaper. It is useless to put on diaper.

winterheart01 said:
yeah but you can't really put powder on the back of your rear end, so putting powder there in the diaper is easier.
Depends how small your arms are.

Barush said:
Depends how small your arms are.
It's not that, some of us have joint issues, but besides that, my bed would catch most of the powder.
For the middle and front i do put it on the skin, but in general putting a single layer of powder doesn't hinder the function of the diaper.
It's a problem when you're putting a very thick layer in it yes.

It goes on your tinkle tink and botty bumbum. But don't go mad or it will cake up and hold wee against your nappy area, which can give you nappy rash. Remember less is more. Also lots of oil will stop your nappy from absorbing all of your little tinkles, but will help from soreness after a big, stinky, warm and lovely messy.

I apply powder to a poofy microfiber thing and dust all around my diaper area, even my hips. As for lotion, I do not use any because it can cause the diaper adhesives to break down. 😒 When I am worried about diaper rash risk I apply zinc oxide to my, my.. anus 🤭 and the part of my bottom that may get itchy when exposed to prolonged moisture.

There is no need to apply a lot of zinc oxide and it does not need to be completely wiped off between regular, wet changes. 🙂 It is not intended to be fully removed until you require a bathe.

Back