Where did you get your ABDL furniture made?

DreamyDoodleBug

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
Assuming you didn’t do so yourself. I’ll be moving sometime soonish, and once that happens I’ll be working on a nursery/playroom with the extra space! Just wondering where other people got their stuff from, as things can be pricey and once I am able to shop I’d rather do so from someone reputable

I found a furniture maker on Craigslist. You get the best furniture that way because it is designed to your specific requirements.

Reactions: DreamyDoodleBug
Check with bobbi sue ellen on this site. Makes nice things.

Reactions: sbmccue and DreamyDoodleBug
Hockeyczar said:
Check with bobbi sue ellen on this site. Makes nice things.
I’ve seen some of the stuff she’s made. I hope she opens up commissions if she hasn’t already!

SoakedinTexas said:
I found a furniture maker on Craigslist. You get the best furniture that way because it is designed to your specific requirements.
Yeah that may be a decent way to go, avoids shipping costs too. I’m just worried about finding someone local. Even though for me it’s all SFW and non kink, I still worry about commissioning someone and them not knowing the why behind it, and then that meaning that they’re unable to fully consent to the build

I've used a lot of local craftsmen for various projects, from just the usualy things to odd things for odd reasons.

99% of them dont really care the reason for the project, but they do care that they can do a good job on the projects and will require the specific needs and wants.

Myself i dont have an AB furniture, but have had made some kink stuff through the years by locals.

Really comes down to just talking to them and bringing them the project.

be up front.

Just ask if they are adverse to making any adult furniture or kink furniture. Most wont have an issue, and if they do that is vague enough to not worry about anything.

But you will get the best product and maybe even better than you can think of if you bring the concept to them and then both work on it.

They are the expert in the building and medium (wood, metal, plastic, etc) and they will know more things that will work and can be used than you will think of.

So, saying you want an adult sized crib based on this photo, and that you want the drop side, or the side to go up, and an enclosed top and that it be sturdy enough to keep you in it and secure enough for that as well, they will work with you to get thoes goals figured out and get the best product they can get you.

They will also know of things that are off the shelf you can get that are more cost effective than building something. Example is i wanted a built in pizza oven and deep fryer and the cabinet guy came up with this cool mechanisim that would take the door and literally have it swing/out and slide up on an arm that will stay in any position you leave it, from closed (looks like a regualt cabinet face) to well over the top of the whole area allowinf easy access to the deices wihout any door in the way as it's above the whole area (goes up feet). Something i'd nevr even seen before.

So, work with them openly and you will get a superb product or at least the best that the craftsman can do for you.

Bigbabybret said:
I've used a lot of local craftsmen for various projects, from just the usualy things to odd things for odd reasons.

99% of them dont really care the reason for the project, but they do care that they can do a good job on the projects and will require the specific needs and wants.

Myself i dont have an AB furniture, but have had made some kink stuff through the years by locals.

Really comes down to just talking to them and bringing them the project.

be up front.

Just ask if they are adverse to making any adult furniture or kink furniture. Most wont have an issue, and if they do that is vague enough to not worry about anything.

But you will get the best product and maybe even better than you can think of if you bring the concept to them and then both work on it.

They are the expert in the building and medium (wood, metal, plastic, etc) and they will know more things that will work and can be used than you will think of.

So, saying you want an adult sized crib based on this photo, and that you want the drop side, or the side to go up, and an enclosed top and that it be sturdy enough to keep you in it and secure enough for that as well, they will work with you to get thoes goals figured out and get the best product they can get you.

They will also know of things that are off the shelf you can get that are more cost effective than building something. Example is i wanted a built in pizza oven and deep fryer and the cabinet guy came up with this cool mechanisim that would take the door and literally have it swing/out and slide up on an arm that will stay in any position you leave it, from closed (looks like a regualt cabinet face) to well over the top of the whole area allowinf easy access to the deices wihout any door in the way as it's above the whole area (goes up feet). Something i'd nevr even seen before.

So, work with them openly and you will get a superb product or at least the best that the craftsman can do for you.
Yeah, I should probably stop being so worried about going local. Worst case they tell me they’re either uncomfortable or otherwise can’t take on the project. Thank you!

Reactions: Bigbabybret
DreamyDoodleBug said:
Yeah that may be a decent way to go, avoids shipping costs too. I’m just worried about finding someone local. Even though for me it’s all SFW and non kink, I still worry about commissioning someone and them not knowing the why behind it, and then that meaning that they’re unable to fully consent to the build
I have found that most people in this work only care if you pay them. They will build what you want for a price. They do not care why you want it.

Back