Hayleyscomet

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
My boyfriend out of idle curiosity wore a nappy for the 1st time 3 month ago, I went from once in 1 day to daily within a week, by the end of the 1st month he was wearing 24/ 7 apart from intimate moments, I have absolutely no issues with it at all, he only wets them and I have no issue changing him. He's gone from plain tena style to patterned style, last month I suggested a babies dummy and feeding bottle, every time we make 1 small change it progresses further. I'm not sure if it's normal as we haven't discussed with anyone, but I really would like him to stay in nappies I find it quite stimulating.
Is their any long lasting effects of a 22yr old still wearing nappies?

Reactions: Edgewater, JunkyardDog1 and BBBen
No. I've been wearing diapers since 1981, age 14, was a DL until 1999 when I discovered an online community existed so I joined in, then discovered Adult Baby, fell in love with it...converted to AB within days.

I don't believe there's any real mental difference between DL and AB; I believe it's all about the diaper and the internal struggle with stigma. If just being a DL hasn't done anything noticeable, I don't believe AB should do much more. Just my .00000048 Bitcoin.

Reactions: Belarin, Edgewater, TeeMousy and 2 others
I have been in nappies 24/7 for the last 10 years. I am urinary incontinent but have become very much unashamedly DL as a result of wearing nappies all the time. I have no wish to take it any further and just enjoy being dependant on nappies. I have the greatest respect for those who enjoy the AB side as why not if it makes you happy and hurts no ones.

Reactions: Pacifyingmyautism, Edgewater, BBBen and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
No. I've been wearing diapers since 1981, age 14, was a DL until 1999 when I discovered an online community existed so I joined in, then discovered Adult Baby, fell in love with it...converted to AB within days.
I don't believe there's any real mental difference between DL and AB; I believe it's all about the diaper and the internal struggle with stigma. If just being a DL hasn't done anything noticeable, I don't believe AB should do much more. Just my .00000048 Bitcoin.
We have talked about him wearing nappies and wondered if wearing a nappy long enough would make him incontinent, read lots for and against. Personally I'd love him to be permanently in nappies even to the point were we can openly say he's incontinent in front of friends and family.

• Love
Reactions: NudistMD and Edgewater
Hayleyscomet said:
We have talked about him wearing nappies and wondered if wearing a nappy long enough would make him incontinent, read lots for and against. Personally I'd love him to be permanently in nappies even to the point were we can openly say he's incontinent in front of friends and family.
Please don't strive to become incontinent
as an IC person it's not glitz & glamour like people think.
It sucks it sucks a lot. You get no diaper breaks, its a huge part of your daily life.
I'd pay money to not be IC anymore

Also length of wearing diapers doesn't turn you from DL to AB
it's not a level thing
Some who wear diapers are DL & some are AB. Some dable in both.

I am DL + IC but few years ago I basically stopped being AB
it comes down to the person and what they enjoy with their diapers. There is no wrong way to enjoy diapers
Just don't strive to be incontinent

Reactions: Furrytum, 12srepaid, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
I did not start wearing until late in life. It started as a solution to occasional urge incontinence. I instantly became a DL then shortly after an AB. While I find it a fun pastime/hobby I am grateful it is by choice. As SparkyDog said, please do not try to become incontinent.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
As a long time 24/7, U-IC and having long ago come to accepting that diapers will always be a part of my life and part of my commitment to keep the World around me a bit dryer. I have found that there are those who enjoy the AB/DL World and I am happy for them and especially those who have a Partner that understands and supports them in their enjoyment.

As so well stated by others above, there is no joy in being 24/7 Incontinent. Limit your adventures to provide the fullness you two are enjoying together, but allow a break from time to time to assure the enjoyment and not the frustration of becoming Incontinent!

Reactions: TeeMousy
Hayleyscomet said:
I’m amazed at how supportive you are to accept him as he is. I’ve been urge incontinent and an AB for as long as I can remember. My guess is that he had ABDL needs early, but has suppressed them or not talked about them. The fact that you are supporting him is really fantastic as long as he is also supporting you and your needs.

Incontinence is a symptom of a disease, injury or genetic defect. If you are a completely healthy person, I don’t believe you can become permanently incontinent from just wearing diapers. But, I think you can become emotionally dependent on them and lose some pelvic floor muscle tone, which is a muscle under your control.

Best of luck in your relationship journey.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Hayleyscomet said:
Best to not discuss that here. This site not only caters to DL and AB people but to those who are genuinely incontinent (IC) as well, be they incontinent due to genetic defect, disease or an event. Making people incontinent goes against the premise of our group and can offend or insult those here who are genuinely incontinent. It's perhaps best it's not discussed any further; we can help with many things...except voluntary incontinence or mutilation/self-mutilation to that end.

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Reactions: BBBen, TeeMousy, Edgewater and 1 other person
Hayleyscomet said:
...every time we make 1 small change it progresses further. I'm not sure if it's normal as we haven't discussed with anyone...
Yep this is a fairly normal path for many AB's.

For some background, I've been interested in nappies since I was 7-8 and considered myself fully a nappies only DL until I was into my 20's, even though I learned about AB's when I was about 13-14, I had no interest in it for a long time for myself (though I did enjoy pics/videos/stories of other people being AB's since that is what most of the content online for it was about).

Around my early 20's I acquired and tried a paci, didn't really do much for me but I kept going. I also started seeing really cute AB outfits and started to think "ooooh so cute I want one" so I began exploring the little side bit by bit, just little additions at a time over the course of a few years until I was deep into it. I did enjoy it and had a lot of fun trying things out but came to the conclusion it's not really me I would prefer being a CG than an AB myself.

I'm now 38 (for about 3 more weeks), I pretty much stopped with the AB side of things around 30-31ish. While I do still have bottles, paci's, bibs and other things hanging around and there is some AB stuff I would still like to have (like a decent high chair) I only really indulge that side maybe once or twice a year, though I do still use the bottles sometimes and bibs and cute onesies etc. more often, I do also still buy some new things here and there (got a new Rearz bottle before Christmas) it's not about being an AB so much and more just because I grew to like them.

So yes small changes and additions over a longer period is a very normal way things evolve for people and probably is much better for learning/discovering what you truly enjoy about it than diving in headfirst and doing everything all at once and becoming overwhelmed. Small steps are great for exploring new ideas and practices.

And yes wearing all the time and never using a toilet could potentially lead to incontinence, it is something that comes up on here often and is generally frowned upon as it is considered self harm. It is however a personal choice and up to each individual to weigh the pro's and con's. As long as a person fully does their homework and research to understand exactly what it would mean and what problems they would then face, then it is their decision.

There are some people here who have done it and reached incontinence and there are some who have been 24/7 trying to get IC for years and still nothing. Some of those who have made themselves IC are very happy about it and others deeply regret it and are now having great difficulty trying to regain control.

For the sake of information, If he he simply going whenever, without ever trying to hold it, then his bladder control will definitely weaken. Though it is doubtful he will reach a point where he doesn't know that he needs to go or doesn't notice it happening, there is likely to always be some awareness. On the other hand, Even if he is wearing 24/7 if there is enough times where he is holding it in until a more suitable time to release then his control should remain quite strong.

Do note though...
Hayleyscomet said:
I have absolutely no issues with it at all, he only wets them and I have no issue changing him...

...but I really would like him to stay in nappies I find it quite stimulating.
If you want him wearing all the time like this then it is probably going to involve messing those nappies too eventually, Even if he stays fully continent, maybe even if he doesn't wear all the time and only for sometimes. It is a natural psychological evolution of wearing nappies more often. There are many posts on here with questions/looking for experiences from people who have worn for years and only ever wet but are curious about soiling a nappy. Some try it and love it all, some hate it and many love the experience but hate the clean up.

This is something you would need to discuss with him and if you are both not ready to do the changes for that, maybe have "potty" time during a change to do no.2 if he needs or perhaps some signal that he needs no.2 so you can change him and he can go to the toilet for it before having a fresh nappy on. However there is still likely to be a time where he gets curious and wants to give it a try, communication and discussion are the best course of action, talk things through openly and decide between yourselves how to handle that.

Reactions: Pacifyingmyautism and BobbiSueEllen
Back