When and how did you find out you weren’t the only one?

Believe it or not only since internet and I probably did a Google search for diaper fetish, only recently, maybe two years ago. Was surprised that I got some search results! Found this site less than a year ago when my itch really needed to be scratched.

Reactions: PaddedRita
Not sure how I got to ABDL and similar. But I've always loved toys, activities, shows, etc. that are considered for kids. No matter how old I get I still enjoy these things. I find comfort in this community though and love that I can talk to other people similar to or like me. While being babyish isn't my thing, I've been open to trying out stuff such as binkies and baby bottles.

When I first learn that I had to start wear full time for heath reasons !
I was looking for a much better absorbing diapers on line that I came across the colored and printed ones along with reading the reviews on them !

BabyDenise said:
Not sure which came first as this was many years ago but the website DPF and the letters in Penthouse Forum magazine let me know I wasn't alone.
Oh yes, I remember Forum magazine :)

I remember this like it was yesterday:

It was around 1980 and I was about 18 years old and just out of high school. I was working as a driver for the parts department at a local car dealership. One of the mechanics had a Swank magazine and when I was flipping through it, I came across and ad for Wet Dreams magazine that listed diapers and wetting accidents. The cover design was a Toilet. My heart beat like crazy and my mind just took off and it was all I could think about.

Part of my job was to drive customers to work after they dropped off their cars for service and after I dropped off my last customer I stopped in an adult bookstore to see if they had the magazine. This store was nowhere near my hometown but I was still concerned that I'd run into someone I knew so It took me a while to go in. Well my excitement won the battle and I went in. Sure enough, I found the latest edition of Wet Dreams. Now I had to get the damn nerve to bring the thing to the counter because now the guy working will know exactly what I am into. I finally said screw it, bought it, and left. I immediately opened up the magazine and in it was a story called "Jana's Accident" and had an illustration of a cute girl in a skirt with her hand over her panties and pee pouring down between her legs. Holy Shit!!! Just like the girl in first grade who wet herself in front of me which was the incident that awoke this whole thing within me. I could not believe my eyes! I can't even describe the feeling I had when I saw that! All I can say is it was intense! I have been a DL since aged 0 so I went though my whole life up until this point thinking I was the only one.

I don't think I ever told anyone this story and I thank you for this post!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pelusos, Brumas94 and Forced
AS soon as I was out of nappies I wanted them again, or more specifically plastic pants. I recall the 'big boy now' ceremony when my mother ripped up all my plastic pants. I was really upset. This desire remained with me through time. I found out I was not the only one from a UK TV programme on Channel 4 in the mid1990s which featured Hazel Jones of Kent and a number of ABs. Whilst I was not too excited by the baby clothes and sissy satin outfits at the time, They were in nappies and plastic pants and 'Mummy Hazel' was seen checking an ABs nappy. Exchange and Mart was mentioned and I immediately went out and bought one and scoured it for her advert. However, I was too shy and embarrassed at the time to do much about it. I had recorded the show on VHS tape. Unsurprisingly the tape wore out!

University computer lab, 1994ish. My gawd. The feelings that came over me were utter disbelief, elation, a physiological response that caused a tingling sensation through my body, suspiciousness (of the others in the lab), being turned on, and somehow relieved all at the same time. I seem to recall stumbling onto the PPBear website for Babykins firstly. You can still find it on Wayback Machine. Then I believe Diaper Pail Friends (DFP) was the next website. Then from there it was all over, I discovered hyperlinks already sorted out with descriptions and some rudimentary ranking system. As an aside Babykins (Kins) STILL sells a couple DPF-customized items so us folks that have been doing this for decades can have a step back in time. The DPF line she sells are thicker and heavier duty for that cloth diaper poofy butt sensation. DPF actually sold items as well, if I remember correctly, some of which Jenny from Babykins made for them, then when DPF ceased to exist she retained a couple of the hot seller items. Good times. I have to say it took me months to get used to the fact that I was not the only person in the universe to have this side of myself. I had to learn to be quick and discrete while looking at such things on the computer (DPF, diaper stores, female women in diapers) as I only had access to shared computers, probably until nearly 2000. I could have some of the historical website information a little off and I can only tell you what I remember as a early explorer of the Internet during those years. Please correct me if I got something wrong, the above is only subjective.

Reactions: Lyric and babyv
huggiesthick said:
University computer lab, 1994ish. My gawd. The feelings that came over me were utter disbelief, elation, a physiological response that caused a tingling sensation through my body, suspiciousness (of the others in the lab), being turned on, and somehow relieved all at the same time. I seem to recall stumbling onto the PPBear website for Babykins firstly. You can still find it on Wayback Machine. Then I believe Diaper Pail Friends (DFP) was the next website. Then from there it was all over, I discovered hyperlinks already sorted out with descriptions and some rudimentary ranking system. As an aside Babykins (Kins) STILL sells a couple DPF-customized items so us folks that have been doing this for decades can have a step back in time. The DPF line she sells are thicker and heavier duty for that cloth diaper poofy butt sensation. DPF actually sold items as well, if I remember correctly, some of which Jenny from Babykins made for them, then when DPF ceased to exist she retained a couple of the hot seller items. Good times. I have to say it took me months to get used to the fact that I was not the only person in the universe to have this side of myself. I had to learn to be quick and discrete while looking at such things on the computer (DPF, diaper stores, female women in diapers) as I only had access to shared computers, probably until nearly 2000. I could have some of the historical website information a little off and I can only tell you what I remember as a early explorer of the Internet during those years. Please correct me if I got something wrong, the above is only subjective.
I don’t believe this, it’s still a valid URL!!! https://www.ppbear.com/babykins.htm
One of you fine member surely owns this, unbelievable!!!

Reactions: babyv, Brumas94 and Forced
In the '70s there was a contact magazine/paper called "Fetish Mates' and as I recall it was printed in Houston. Those were the days when if you wanted to contact someone with similar interests you either placed an ad in one of those contact publications or answered an ad by having a letter forwarded for a fee. I was amazed to see a couple of ads in the Houston area for guys that enjoyed diapers and it was through one of them that I learned about DPF

I began to search on the internet and found a bed wetting forum that people posted in saying that they liked wearing nappies and being and adult baby. I was probably about 12/13 at the time.

I’ve been an ab all my life But it wasn’t until my mid 20's that I realised I wasn’t alone.
To be honest, it’s only in the last few years, that I have accepted this side of me.

DPF, baby! Long story short: I kinda thought I had a diaper fetish, and one night, when I was home alone, I did a Yahoo search for "diaper fetish." My whole life changed during the course of that night - it took another week or so to get diapers, and I've been wearing them (again) for almost 20 years!

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and babyv
Ali123 said:
When I was fourteen I went for a sleepover at a friend’s house. My mother insisted I take nappies for bedtime.

I had no idea that John wore nappies too.

I think my mother thought I’d be embarrassed about having to be put into nappies with John, but in fact it was such a relief, knowing I wasn’t the only one.

We actually shared a bed , and it felt so good being with someone else wearing nappies.
Did John’s mother put your nappies on you

I got caught at a friends house wearing them
Basically I was wearing a diaper when my friend asked me to come over and i'd been wearing the diaper for the whole day and at that point was just part of my outfit so I left thinking nothing of it until I got to his house and realized I tried to play it off until I bent over... and he seen my diaper and asked me what it was and all in all he didn't really care that I wear diapers

When we got our first computer with internet first thing I searched on Infoseek
Diapers. I was about 13
jaw hit the floor when I saw I wasn't the only one. Found deekers diaper page (which now is shut down & was super sketchy)
saw diapers made for older kids
I didn't know about clearing internet history back then. So had to have a chat with mom about some things after 😬

I must have been between 15 and 18 when I saw an AB on tv. I wasn't remotely interested in trying that myself, but I did at least memorise that the culture existed.

Diapers were never a fetish. What got me into it was actually that I had always hated modern fashion colours. When I was 21 and finally living on my own, I was trying to find comfortable pyjamas for winter. All I found was black, grey, dark blue... and no patterns except maybe boring stripes. Not nearly as childish as I was looking for. Light bulb moment: you know who are going to 'get' me? Yes, that is the first time I looked for, found, and ordered something from an AB website. I absolutely adored my pyjamas when they arrived, I wore them all the time at home. They felt happy, comfy and cosy and... in hindsight that may have been me lost in little space lmfao. I sure didn't understand what I was feeling, nor that it had a name! I'm still exploring that even now...

Anyway, browsing those sites is also what eventually made me curious to try other clothing they had to offer. Including diapers. I started with folded towels in pants (funny to read that more of you had that idea) and yes, it was the same awesome feeling as with the pyjamas. Clearly I haven't looked back. Only recently realised it might be time to connect with others. 🙃

Last edited:
I don't remember exactly when or how old I was (I'm guessing around 15 or 16). I searched for adult diapers after mostly wearing the plain white goodnites for several years. It opened a whole new world to me and I befriended a lot of people, I wonder where most of them are now since we all kind of went different ways.

Probably around 2011-2012 I got my first bit of access to internet as a kid then I immediately fell into the hole that is deviant art spent several years on there until like 2016 then I couldn’t access my account anymore because I forgot my email password, got it back in 2021, 7 years after I lost it! I got it back after getting my head on straight from growing up & getting my life together & now I’m on top of the world, now I got a phone, my email, the ability order stuff online (ABDL) with confidence, & my drivers license, these are all things that I never thought would happen but now my life has never been better & I have this community of absolutely grate people to partly thank for that!

Reactions: cuteingly, dogboy and Happy2BeInNappies2
Babynix said:
Did John’s mother put your nappies on you
I already had a nappy on when we went round, which I was very embarrassed about. But when we got there John was watching TV in just a t-shirt and nappy.

My mother took my shorts off so we were dressed the same. It was kind of embarrassing, but also kind of a relief, knowing someone else had to wear nappies too.

My mother stayed for a little while and then left. So then John’s mother took my bag with my nappies in and put it in the bedroom.

She told me that if I needed changing I should tell her. It was pretty embarrassing when I did wet and had to ask to be changed, but she was very matter of fact about it.

Reactions: Diaperboy27, Brumas94, Lyric and 3 others
I was looking for "video stuff" on the internet when I found a site where girls messed their diapers with "help".

I eventually knew about DPRTube, Adisc and other places. However, I never tried it myself nor to register for a long time until I ended up messing a nappy for the first time.

Last edited:
Back