Whelp things went from great to horrible in the snap of a finger....

Mommysdiaperboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Let me start at the beginning.. for the past 15 years i have come out to 1 person who is not an abdl... that would be my wife... and ive been so secretive about this really kept it under wraps around family... come to find out a few weeks ago my wife slipped up and told me 15 years ago that she told her best friend in a very confidential conversation between women about what "weird" things turn their men on... and of course my fetish took the cake.. the 2 women my wife told are no where near vanilla so their reaction to the big tough guy of the town for years wearing diapers for pleasure(before i needed them due to MS and back injury) wasnt bad at all they were just a little taken back that someone like me was into something like abdl... so now that you have some back ground on the subject... i have been having arguments with my brother about his life decisions and getting help for his self( he has a drug addiction that we (my sister and i) are trying to get him help for... so he lashed out at me and told me to go get a grip on my life because im in no position to reprimand anyone for bad habits when i am a weirdo who likes to wear diapers... so i have an idea where he found out but i dont think i can face my family ever again because what they know and im the brunt of their jokes now... " big tough guy that like to wear diapers like a baby" im humiliated and ashamed..i havent been ashamed about my diapers in about 10 years now and its a shitty feeling... like i want to quit and throw everything out and never wear again but im a realist and know that diapers are a part of me and who i have become... im lost right now and completely embarrassed to show my face back home now that they know the truth about me...

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: TigerDL, Seasonedcitizen, Lumos and 1 other person
Mommysdiaperboy said:
Let me start at the beginning.. for the past 15 years i have come out to 1 person who is not an abdl... that would be my wife... and ive been so secretive about this really kept it under wraps around family... come to find out a few weeks ago my wife slipped up and told me 15 years ago that she told her best friend in a very confidential conversation between women about what "weird" things turn their men on... and of course my fetish took the cake.. the 2 women my wife told are no where near vanilla so their reaction to the big tough guy of the town for years wearing diapers for pleasure(before i needed them due to MS and back injury) wasnt bad at all they were just a little taken back that someone like me was into something like abdl... so now that you have some back ground on the subject... i have been having arguments with my brother about his life decisions and getting help for his self( he has a drug addiction that we (my sister and i) are trying to get him help for... so he lashed out at me and told me to go get a grip on my life because im in no position to reprimand anyone for bad habits when i am a weirdo who likes to wear diapers... so i have an idea where he found out but i dont think i can face my family ever again because what they know and im the brunt of their jokes now... " big tough guy that like to wear diapers like a baby" im humiliated and ashamed..i havent been ashamed about my diapers in about 10 years now and its a shitty feeling... like i want to quit and throw everything out and never wear again but im a realist and know that diapers are a part of me and who i have become... im lost right now and completely embarrassed to show my face back home now that they know the truth about me...
Ouch!! I’m sorry to hear that bro, that’s one of the reasons I’m afraid to tell anyone, loose lips sink ships. It’s even worse when drinking is involved. It will take time to get comfortable again, in the meantime deny deny deny! Tell them it was a prank or something. Keep me updated on your status man I feel for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Mommysdiaperboy
Life’s too short to give a damn what everyone else thinks. We all need an outlet. Some of us have different taste and that’s all there is to it. What you do is no ones concern if you aren’t harming anyone. I’m quite certain my ex wife told people but you know what? Her toxic ass isn’t worth the worry or the people she told. I’m successful and doing alright and to hell with what others think. I don’t love people for their preferences I love them for how they treat me and others. Simple as that. If people care about you they will look past your strange proclivities. Just my advice. Do with it what you will and keep your chin up. You got someone who understands you and that’s all ya need.

• Love
Reactions: Lightstreak2553, Seasonedcitizen, Subtlerustle and 6 others
An outside perspective but it seems like he knew for a while. That means your family has probably also known for a while ( if they find out about the same time). It doesn't sound like it was mentioned it a problem until he was on the defensive. To me that suggests it is not a problem. Embarrassing that they know, yes ; but if it were to have been a problem it would have happened almost immediately.

Just my two cents worth... Might not even be worth that much.

Reactions: TigerDL, Seasonedcitizen, buridan and 4 others
Babyman1224 said:
Life’s too short to give a damn what everyone else thinks. We all need an outlet. Some of us have different taste and that’s all there is to it. What you do is no ones concern if you aren’t harming anyone. I’m quite certain my ex wife told people but you know what? Her toxic ass isn’t worth the worry or the people she told. I’m successful and doing alright and to hell with what others think. I don’t love people for their preferences I love them for how they treat me and others. Simple as that. If people care about you they will look past your strange proclivities. Just my advice. Do with it what you will and keep your chin up. You got someone who understands you and that’s all ya need.
Thank you so much for your in put... i really appreciate it.. made me feel a little less anxious

I think wandering toddler is right; your family probably doesn’t mind. It was still wrong for him to throw it at you like that, but people who do drugs like that usually don’t think clearly. I know from experience with my uncles... ☹️

Reactions: Mommysdiaperboy
It's hard to have the right comeback when something drops out of nowhere. Bottom line... CURRENTLY your brother has an issue, not you. He has a choice about his drug addiction, whereas you do not have a choice about MS and the implications it has on your life. If he insists on bringing up you wearing diapers in the past, tell him they did not cause harm to you or anyone else, and he can't say the say the same about drugs. Now you require them because of your health, and he needs to get off the drugs for his health. It's his intervention, so he's going to be on the defensive. Forgive him and get back on task.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TigerDL, Lightstreak2553, Subtlerustle and 2 others
CheshireCat said:
It's hard to have the right comeback when something drops out of nowhere. Bottom line... CURRENTLY your brother has an issue, not you. He has a choice about his drug addiction, whereas you do not have a choice about MS and the implications it has on your life. If he insists on bringing up you wearing diapers in the past, tell him they did not cause harm to you or anyone else, and he can't say the say the same about drugs. Now you require them because of your health, and he needs to get off the drugs for his health. It's his intervention, so he's going to be on the defensive. Forgive him and get back on task.
If I had read the original post 20 minutes earlier I'd have beat you to this response. It's exactly what I was thinking. Wearing diapers for fun or for need is nothing to be ashamed about. It harms nobody and isn't bad for one's health. In fact, the oposite can be said in that it can be good for one's mental health. A drug addiction, regardless of the drug(s) involved are never good. Aside from generally being bad for a person's health, they can also be terrible on one's finances.

Not knowing what "...i dont think i can face my family ever again because what they know and I'm the brunt of their jokes now." means, it's difficult to offer anything; but, I'll try. If that refers to just siblings, talk with them. They have secrets, too. You just don't know what they are. If it involves parents, speak with them, too. Tell them all that yes, you wear diapers. It's the best way to deal with ic caused by MS and the back injury. Also, if anyone in the family really is making jokes about you, suggest you find it cruel and unnecessary; and, if they continue you will likely quit seeing them as nobody likes to be the butt of mean spirited jokes.

I don't even know how you should approach your wife regarding her breaching the confidentiality you placed in her. I believe words to the effect "I'm devastated. I'm sure you didn't think the information would become public; but, it seems to have done just that."

I see nothing wrong with owning up to your diaper wearing. I wish you good luck in dealing with this.

• Love
CheshireCat said:
Your advice is great thank you so much! Its just such a negative blow to my self-esteem that my whole family knows what i do...

Peesalot said:
If I had read the original post 20 minutes earlier I'd have beat you to this response. It's exactly what I was thinking. Wearing diapers for fun or for need is nothing to be ashamed about. It harms nobody and isn't bad for one's health. In fact, the oposite can be said in that it can be good for one's mental health. A drug addiction, regardless of the drug(s) involved are never good. Aside from generally being bad for a person's health, they can also be terrible on one's finances.

Not knowing what "...i dont think i can face my family ever again because what they know and I'm the brunt of their jokes now." means, it's difficult to offer anything; but, I'll try. If that refers to just siblings, talk with them. They have secrets, too. You just don't know what they are. If it involves parents, speak with them, too. Tell them all that yes, you wear diapers. It's the best way to deal with ic caused by MS and the back injury. Also, if anyone in the family really is making jokes about you, suggest you find it cruel and unnecessary; and, if they continue you will likely quit seeing them as nobody likes to be the butt of mean spirited jokes.

I don't even know how you should approach your wife regarding her breaching the confidentiality you placed in her. I believe words to the effect "I'm devastated. I'm sure you didn't think the information would become public; but, it seems to have done just that."

I see nothing wrong with owning up to your diaper wearing. I wish you good luck in dealing with this.
This is most likely the road i will be taking to discuss this matter with the family that know.. thank you for your input it was extremely helpful!

Others are giving superior advice to anything I might offer, but I wanted to send my love and support and try my hand at how I'd play it.

You are a whole, complete human who just happens to wear diapers, while your brother is a broken human deflecting his own failures because change is hard. (And if anyone knows "changing" it's you.)

And your wife needs to understand the boundaries of the confidences in your marriage. Even if it was 15 years ago, odds are she feels like shit over how that led to this. After you have the talk @Peesalot is suggesting, I feel like she should be out front sticking up for you to your family. It's powerful to have someone non-ABDL who can accept you and even go to bat for you. It means that, respectively, you can accept you and others can accept you. How she has known for 15 years and still stands by you.

Play this right and you could turn this back on your brother and get him some help. I'd show up in a diaper... the crinkliest diaper I can find... and say to his face "I wear diapers, I'm wearing one right now, and I have my life more together than any druggie, present company included."

Reactions: Mommysdiaperboy, BobbiSueEllen and Subtlerustle
I ended up telling my whole family, and now my children and a couple grand children know, its weird but not a negative remark and now my wife is suffering because she told most of them because she was mad at me, well now most are mad at her and support me for doing and being who I am and love me for being myself. so I know what u are feeling, but support u in giving it some time and pleasssse let go of the guilt, its not good for anyone! You will come out way on top after while!!!

Damn. No body likes that kind of shock to the system. There has been a ton of great advice above. Like many have said, this thing of ours isn’t a curse unless you treat it like one. Your brothers addiction issues are a curse. He needs help, you don’t.
I would talk to your wife to see who else she may have told so that you know what you’re dealing with. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Mommysdiaperboy said:
This is most likely the road i will be taking to discuss this matter with the family that know.. thank you for your input it was extremely helpful!
I think talking with them is a bad idea. Unless you know what you want out of the conversation. What good will it do to discuss it with them? It's none of their business. If you think you can get what you want out of the conversation go for it. Otherwise move on.

My opinion my not be worth a damn, but it’s your life and you alone will have to deal with the outcome of being outed , now in my opinion you have 2 options, burry your desire to wear diapers or come out into the open with your family and show them that you wearing a diaper is hurting no one beyond their own personal feelings.
You are no less a person now than you where beforehand.

Reactions: Teddy and Mommysdiaperboy
Back