What's best for preventing leaks? Plastic Pants, Diaper covers or Higher capacity Diapers.

ILuvDiapers said:
Hi everyone, it's been a while since i was last in the forums. I wanted to ascertain what is the best method for preventing overnight leaks? I'm open to suggestions? I have tried Plastic Pants before, but didn't really get on with them, as i found they increased rashes. I am a heavy wetter overnight, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You :)
the best are leakmaster pul covers ive had diaper leak but never wets the bed

Reactions: Constantlydamp and ILuvDiapers
ILuvDiapers said:
Hi everyone, it's been a while since i was last in the forums. I wanted to ascertain what is the best method for preventing overnight leaks? I'm open to suggestions? I have tried Plastic Pants before, but didn't really get on with them, as i found they increased rashes. I am a heavy wetter overnight, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You :)
Feel like it’s been touched on but… a high capacity, well fitting nappy is the answer. As everyone has a different body shape there’s no easy answer (and it’s why not all the nappies are the same!). Try taping the nappy up in different places to normal, and check the area it’s leaking from to try and make the seal better. If it’s leaking from the leg openings try and see if it is because the legs are loose or because the nappy by morning isn’t just wet but totally saturated! It is either going to be fit or absorbency that is the issue. If by morning every single bit of fluff in the nappy is used then it’s probably adsorbancy, otherwise it’s going to be the fit. If it’s the fit you need to work out how it is leaking from where it is.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
Wetshisbed said:
I wear plastic pants and washable inco pants over my nappies at night. This combination keeps leaks to a minimum. I wet heavily at night.
Your recommendation to get Mylesta waterproof pants was absolutely spot on and now I wear nothing else with my nappies.

My everyday protection combo I use is A high capacity diaper(Trest), a pair of Gary wears active briefs and a pair of snug fitting, high waisted footed tights.
Never had any trouble with this combination for 10 hours straight!.😃

Reactions: PaddedRita
In this case there are a lot of questions that need to be answered such as do your diapers fit properly, how often do you change, and how many accidents do you have in 1 diaper before it leaks.

SissyAnnie2 said:
I found that using a doubler with my cloth diapers and plastic panties solved my leaking issues. Wetting diapers when out. Love it, and it sometimes trickles down my pantyhose legs.

Edgewater said:
Or, you could use a nighttime diaper or increase that to Two nighttime diapers.
NOTE: Using a baby sized cloth diaper makes a great doubler.
Hi there definitely work for me I used night diaper for day and night and no problem at all

Reactions: SissyAnnie2
Neroforte said:
Hi there definitely work for me I used night diaper for day and night and no problem at all
Oh good thought about the baby diaper. I guess the "doubler" is similar and works as well. We tried using two prefold diapers together but I waddled to much to wear for a shopping trip but work well for nighttime since I wet heavily at night. I must say I sleep better being diapered than having to get up several times to pee.

Reactions: Neroforte
Back