Clothforever

Contributor
If adult diapers are not available due to shipping issus what is your "Plan B?"

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Cloth and plastic pants?

What about hording before the shortage?

Is this related to the ABU shipping limits to 4 bags at a time instead of 8 bags? Are we postulating that nobody will be able to get any diapers whatsoever? If that's the case, I just won't wear because I'm not IC. If we're just pretending that we won't be able to get our gucci ABDL brands, then I'll drive to my nearest Walgreen's and get my fix with their house brand. :)

Wow what did I miss? A diaper shortage now... what will that be blamed on, like everything else an excuse to jack up the prices.

I recently bought some more cloth diapers so I'm set there but it's the plastic pants that crack and have to be thrown away. I would be very unhappy if I couldn't buy those.

I have been buying the "tuffy pants" made by gary. They are much thicker and have not cracked or torn, some of them I have had for well over 6 mos. They are a little more expensive, but that is all that I am getting now. I am getting them at baby-pants.com

Reactions: dogboy and BobbiSueEllen
Since I only wear occasionally and I have several bags of disposables still to use, I should be alright.

However, if I can't get disposables when I need them, I have several cloth diapers and plastic pants that I can wear that I think could last several more years before needing replacement.

littlemoosey said:
Wow what did I miss? A diaper shortage now... what will that be blamed on, like everything else an excuse to jack up the prices.
Considering most of our disposable diapers are made in China, I'd see it as a manufacturing/export-shipping logistics issue, due to a possible shortage of employees to keep things rolling. China's not letting on but I think their COVID woes are probably very worrisome. I wish more of our disposable diapers were made here in North America... 🤔

As far as what I'd do for diapers: I'm waiting on the heavy cotton padding so I can make 8 all-in-one cloth diapers patterned after the 1988 Pampers design, with double-elastic leg gathers, inner leakguards and all. Four will be white PUL outers and four will be soft baby pink PUL outers...all with super-soft white polar fleece inner lining, gentle-but-snuggy-snug elastic and hook/loop tapes. Already prepped the patterns, planned the assembly sequence, got an overlock foot for my sewing machine, might get a walking foot for it. I'm ready to start making up-scaled cloth Pampers replicas...

LET'S MAKE DIAPERS!!! 🥳🥰🧸🍼🥴

Reactions: littlemoosey and WillFord384
BobbiSueEllen said:
I'm ready to start making up-scaled cloth Pampers replicas...
Let me know where your Etsy shop is when you’re ready. :)

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
Cottontail said:
Let me know where your Etsy shop is when you’re ready. :)
Well, these are prototypes so far, especially the first diaper. Not sure if I wanna go Etsy, time will tell. 🤔

Reactions: Cottontail
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back