What was your age when your diaper desires surfaced?

What was your age when your diaper desires surfaced?

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 23 10.1%

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 90 39.6%
  • 11-15

Votes: 50 22.0%
  • 16-20

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 20-30

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • 30-40

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 50+

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Well, I always knew I liked diapers going back to being as young as 2-3, and I was a nightly bedwetter through about 3rd grade wearing Goodnites which I loved (and still do), that would have put me at 8-9. Mom stopped buying Goodnites for my issues after then and I really missed them, but adapted to the change (and getting used to wet sheets), I'd say my truest moment would have been when I was 16 and staged a fake accident in the chair (had wisdom teeth removed and had to sleep upright) so I could get something. Ended up with Depends, but I was finally back into something! I'd make the most out of them too, make sure I filled them to capacity, which we all know doesn't take much with those terrible products, and if I had the time, number 2 too. I was pretty heavy set back then, and figured my old standbys wouldn't fit me, but then I lost a ton of weight, discovered I'm quite the slim individual and ordered a few cases of Goodnites when I was about 22 (not long ago) off of Amazon, and have had that little indulgence for about 3.5 years. Don't know what age you would say, but that's my diaper journey in a nutshell, along with adding a pacifier and onesie recently.

Reactions: Janvier and DiaperedBedwetter1998
RedPandaDL said:
I can fairly confidently say I didn’t have a desire in my early years. Also, there is no option to choose 41 to 50 in the survey.

There is that mistake I made, and I should not have grouped 5-10 into one selection; unfortunately there is a lockout after a few minutes of posting the thread where I can no longer change the options!

neophyte said:
There is that mistake I made, and I should not have grouped 5-10 into one selection; unfortunately there is a lockout after a few minutes of posting the thread where I can no longer change the options!
No problem. I will choose 31-40. That is close enough.

I don’t really remember what age I was, but for me it was as soon as my parents tried to take me out of them, so potty-training age. One of my earliest memories is not wanting to wear big boy underwear, but stay in diapers. I remember feeling anxious about having to learn and remember to use the toilet. I didn’t understand why I had to do this. Why couldn’t I just keep using diapers? They were so much more comfy, and made me feel secure. Going forward I was a chronic bed and pants wetter. Daytime accidents until I was about 12 and wet my bed until about 17 or 18. After a couple dry years I started missing the feeling of having wet myself. Fast forward a couple decades and here I am.

One of the odd ones out in at around 30. No latent interests, but one important factor: I'd never really achieved technical night-time dryness—meaning I wet the bed between 2—5 times a week. This had been a bad week, and I was on my third set of sheets. I began wondering if it would be easier to just wear diapers. I bought my first set of pull-ups and was surprised at the comfort.

More accidents happened, and I felt better protected…and somehow different. (it was littlespace, but that's a different story) I wondered about cloth, searched, and found it. I built a small stash. My little necessity purchase had grown into something I enjoy. Do I count as a DL? I'm not sure. I enjoy wearing my soft cloth diapers. I like the aesthetic. I love that I don't have to worry anymore when I sleep.

I'm me, with extra padding.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and tiny
It's a little odd for me...I used to have bedwetting problems when I was a kid, very tough times I would rather not go into detail about. Finally I managed to mentally trick myself out of doing so anymore when I was 15, the one night when I learned how to self-hypnotize myself and I haven't had an accident since.

A week later I was missing them, and my mom still had the package in the closet where she normally kept it. I snuck it into my room and tried it on again when my brothers were sleeping, and I found I liked them for some reason which was odd considering I used to feel shameful about it from the circumstances. Since then I've oddly enjoyed them for multiple reasons including it-feels-good-in-that-respect.

I voted for 11-15 as my DL desires as I realized I liked diapers when I was 13. I know in hindsight, I can point to earlier instances that were clearly my ABDL side trying to come out, but when I was 13, I think my family was babysitting some little kid, cause I remember coming across diapers in the house, and they were not a common thing. Coming across those, I had such a strong urge to take and wear those that it's what caused me to snap and admit to myself that I liked diapers.

The AB side didn't come til much later. I assumed I was a pure DL until I hung other ABDLs in my 20s. I partook in little activities to not be left out, and...it grew on me.

I put 3, but in all honesty i never really wanted out of diapers. However, i remember specifically when i was 3. I was put back in diapers for a weekend with my grandparents (why, i'll never know) and i remember realizing i was in a diaper and could just go. I felt so good inside with that. Possibly my first sexual feeling. After that, i could never get diapers out of my head.

When I was younger, probably when I was about 6 or 7 i had a wardrobe in my room that my parents had just put a load of old stuff in. I found a potty that was clearly left over from when I was toilet trained. When I had been put to bed I used to get it out and then use it. I then used to sneak into the toilet and empty its contents into the toilet (I was never caught)

More interestingly also when I was about 7 or 8 I caught a urine infection and I was off school for about a month. I'd started wetting myself and I got no warning that I needed the toilet. During this month I had to wear nappies. This was a bit different as I actually needed them and therefore didn't enjoy the experience.

When I was eleven I was sent to my grandmother who was recently widowed. My grandma thought all kids should be diapered at night, period. I had always been excited by kids wearing diapers and couldn't believe it when my Nana insisted on thick sets of cloth diapers every night. This led to her pinning me into "day diapers." I loved every minute of it and didn't mind the teasing from my brothers and sister because I was simply doing what i was told. My mom used to visit and would have me come over to her so that she could adjust my diaper pins. She always told me that I was a good boy for tolerating the diapers and teasing.
I cherish the thoughts of my mother talking to my grandmother with a diaper pin in her mouth while adjusting the diapers.
I talked some of my friends into wearing diapers when I got back home many months later. We formed a diaper club in Fort Wayne that gained a certain notoriety in the neighborhood. We would award points for the most brazen activities while wearing diapers.
More than 30 years later, my brother, Chuck, and I would stop in to see mom and she was always glad to pin us into fresh diapers. Many times when we were growing up my mother would say that she just loved the sight of kids in diapers.
Both of my wives have enjoyed keeping me in night diapers going back more that forty years
It is all very true. But I am almost sickened by detractors telling me that I am making it up.

Reactions: sbmccue and bbpnts
As far back as I could remember I always had an attraction to diapers, I remember trying to steal them out of diaper bags when I was 4, getting caught every time, trying to wear my sisters doll diapers, those desires went away when I started primary school but then resurfaced 10 fold when I was 10.
I tried a size xl toddler diaper and was hooked immediately, started buying my own baby diapers from age 10 to 15 (growth spurt shut me down at 15)
I absolutely loved wearing them, from ages 15 - 23, my desires took a back seat again due to life of being a young man.
At age 24 I bought my first house and saw that I had privacy and well.. diapers came back into play, 10 years later.. I'm still in them and love it.

Reactions: littleSorcerer
I put my light-switch point at 11-15 because that's when I finally realised what it was. I was always curious about them, and felt some sort of indescribable feeling when I saw my younger cousins wearing nappies and getting changed, but it was onyl after the age of 11 (and one traumatic illness later) that I really did start to want to wear them myself.

I don't think they ever disappeared. I don't think there was any trauma involved either. Pisses me off when a lot of sites on the internet claim that ABDL is often the result of childhood trauma. As far as I remember, there wasn't really any traumatic event in my childhood that led to this... I had a happy childhood, for the most part...

I was about 12-13 years old when I became fascinated with my toddler cousin's diapers. We all were visiting my grandparents for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. I would snatch some from the room where my cousin sleeps and then put them on. I was a skinny kid back then and was able to fit a size 5 or 6 diapers. Can't remember what brand but I think they were pampers. That was back in 1992. I did grab a few to take it home and try to use it as much as I can without wetting them.

I was 5 and had my first orgasm in first grade in diapers, just a lot of shuttering with and awesome feeling no cum just great feeling, didn't take long to stare wearing to feel like a loved baby and a good orgasm

I honestly can’t remember when I first became interested, but I was definitely under 10 when I became fascinated by peeing and wetting. Diapers/nappies came some time later but I used to enjoy wetting myself discreetly and sometimes I would use a towel as a makeshift diaper.

Reactions: Sidewinder
With me it wasn't so much nappies but wanting to be wet. I just liked wetting my self. I wet the bed every night as a kid and didn't see it as a problem. I always slept through my wetting until morning and couldn't see what the fuss was about. I used to deliberately wet my pants during the day and always had a small wet, sometimes large wet patch in my shorts. I discovered nappies again in my teens when my folks made me wear them in an attempt to keep me dry at night.

Reactions: Sidewinder and Suzie65
I wanted back in diapers as soon as I got out of them! not that I wanted to remain incontinent, because I loved getting bladder & bowel control but for the comfort. That and I loved how Pampers smelled, wanted to wear them forever. But that was out of the question with Mom, so I'd jealously read the Pampers ads, look in the Sears catalog at adult diapers, long for the day when I could get back into diapers and be discreet about it...and I finally bought my first diapers at 14 and snuck that big 48-diaper economy pack in the house. In '88 I discovered Attends...over the years, I've worn Attends almost exclusively but in the past year switched to TENA because their regulars & larges fit much better than Attends' large. Now I discovered Rearz' bulky nighttime Omutsu-type bulky cloth diaper and should have it in-hand (and on-bottom) tomorrow.

Reactions: Sidewinder
BobbiSueEllen said:
I wanted back in diapers as soon as I got out of them! not that I wanted to remain incontinent, because I loved getting bladder & bowel control but for the comfort. That and I loved how Pampers smelled, wanted to wear them forever. But that was out of the question with Mom, so I'd jealously read the Pampers ads, look in the Sears catalog at adult diapers, long for the day when I could get back into diapers and be discreet about it...and I finally bought my first diapers at 14 and snuck that big 48-diaper economy pack in the house. In '88 I discovered Attends...over the years, I've worn Attends almost exclusively but in the past year switched to TENA because their regulars & larges fit much better than Attends' large. Now I discovered Rearz' bulky nighttime Omutsu-type bulky cloth diaper and should have it in-hand (and on-bottom) tomorrow.
I was somewhat the same way when I was young, too.

Just like yourself, I also wanted to be back in diapers after being potty trained, mainly because I didn't want to abandon the comfort of them.

During the days of my youth, I secretly had a long standing fascination with diapers, feeling fascinated and jealous at the same time, but forcing myself to keep this side of me a secret, only because I didn't want to hear people say thing like "you're too old for them," or "you don't need them."

It wasn't until I was about 11 or 12, that I saw a television commercial for Attends briefs and my mind was blown.

By the time I was 14, I decided I wanted to wet the bed like I did when I was about 7 or 8 so I could have a legitimate reason to wear diapers again.

Throughout the whole of my teenage years, my fascination with diapers was starting to evolve into a fetish.

Skipping ahead to now, this is something I STILL keep to myself.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
ARBBB2 said:
I was 5 and had my first orgasm in first grade in diapers, just a lot of shuttering with and awesome feeling no cum just great feeling, didn't take long to stare wearing to feel like a loved baby and a good orgasm
That's what's known as a dry orgasm.

Back