What to use as a changing pad?

I got a coloured waterproof picnic blanket from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I found a large bed pad 36"X72" at a medical supply store but it is not very babyish.

I also have a blanket from "No More Wetspot" that is a solid colour that works nicely as a changing pad. This may be a Canadian made and marketed product but they have a website: https://nomorewetspot.com. Please note that there is adult content on this site.

So...as I read these comments, adult changing mats can also be used as bed protection ( or other furniture). Please confirm.

I have changing pads from babykins and rears. My fiancée and her daughter went wild and ordered several. My favorite is the pink ducky to match my diapers.

I stand to change, usually. I am no help. 🦟

Hardest part is determining how big of a changing Pad you need. A lot of sizes to choose from.

I just use a regular baby changing pad, works just fine. If I am very wet and afraid my diaper might leak I put the changing pad on my chair just in case when I am checking ADISC and email.

Reactions: siysiy
wettingagain said:
So...as I read these comments, adult changing mats can also be used as bed protection ( or other furniture). Please confirm.
Yes, some of them could double as bed/furniture protectors.

Reactions: wettingagain
One day (in my dreams.)

I will have a spair room wich I turn into a nursery. I will have a changing table with a changing mat with sides so I can not roll off. As I wont to be looked after my changing table will have straps to hold me so I don't gave any choice but be changed my my caregive

Also I have a cot to sleep in with lockable cot sides so my caregive can put me down to sleep and I would have to stay in my cot until my caregive come to get me up in the morning.

Also the same with my highchair once my caregive has put me in to my highchair I don't wont to be able to get out of it until my caregive let me out of it.

I know giving some one this much control could be very dangerous. It would need to be someone that I totally trust. But in giving up this much control would mean I could drop in to Little space further than I have ever been.

Being totally reliant on someone to look after the adult side of thing and to take care of me. So I could let my self go into a mind set of a baby is very attractive to me and has been for some time.

Reactions: WillFord384
These

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-115430_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-115430_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 18
My daddy just use's a rubber mat and places a pool towel over top of the mat. That rubber mat is very comfortable

i use a crib pad

We just the reg baby changing mats. They fit really good in my diaper pack back.

I bought mine from Lil Kink Boutique at Capcon last year

pampers47 said:
We just the reg baby changing mats. They fit really good in my diaper pack back.
Diaper back pack

Reactions: KrankyPants
I'd say pretty much the standard works, keep disposable and reusable chair pads and bed pads on hand. As a I just incase thing.
Using a disposable or reusable bed mat works in a hurry, tight space or when you're on the go

Honestly I like using an unzipped sleeping bag (at home ofcourse), a big one with bright colors or happy characters. It's soft and it makes me feel small. And I can even make a matching or similar pattern for a travel size pillow to go with it.

It's fun but it's not my main way of doing things. Having to hand scrub any wet spots before it's time to wash. Is kinda of annoying

Depending on how I’m feeling, I sometimes use 1 or 2 traditional baby changing pads lined up together. I have some Summer Infant changing pads made of PEVA that I don’t use much anymore (https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Contoured-Changing-Pad/dp/B009EDSWJA). The sides have been manufactured slightly flattened for at least the past 7 years. (See the review photos to know what I mean. It seems to be the case on a lot of changing pads which I don’t like. The higher sides just seem more babyish to me.)

My favorite is a LA Baby 32” changing pad (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000G7TJXG) It’s made of vinyl and has a rose pattern stamped into it that I remember.

I went on a church trip when I was in the 8th grade. We stayed the weekend in another church and my group got to stay in the room that was typically the nursery. There was a long counter with changing area built in at the end of it right in front of the window and it had the rose pattern pad on it. There were so many of us that one of us slept on the counter.

The next night, I told the boy sleeping on the counter that I didn’t mind trading with him, so I did. Instead of sleeping on regular part of the counter, I slept on the changing table part in a sleeping bag with my legs over a pile of toys. I used the excuse that it was cooler by the window (which was true) and I didn’t have a problem sleeping in odd positions. That was a fun weekend for me.

I was so happy to locate that exact pattern some time later. Combined with the vinyl which I feel is more babyish, it was perfect, except the ones I got also had flattened side phenomenon from earlier.

I also have this PEVA changing pad for travel or when I don’t want to take out the regular ones: https://www.amazon.com/Changing-Pad-Portable-Waterproof-Stroller/dp/B01DCMNQUI

I love the babyish print, though it’s not my most favorite design, and the fact that PEVA is noisy. The fact that it’s plasticky reinforces the fact that I’m a little baby and things need to be guarded from my messes. Coming out of a babyish Pooh diaper bag doesn’t help. :love:

I also like the British style changing pads (although I think they’re called changing mats over there). I might get some in the future too.

I don’t like the cloth changing pad covers they’ve been using in recent years (not sure if it’s a recent phenomenon or not) or towels. Nothing says to me you’re a baby more than the feeling of cold plastic on your back and bottom, knowing your on a baby’s changing pad about to be diapered up like a baby. :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384
you could use a large towel, puppy pee pad incontinence bed pad, or rearz change mat
but I mainly use rearz change mat

Back