What is with people we have just come out of lock down

littlewet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Wow I have just been out to see some customers today and the roads are full of people going to the shopping and traveling to the coast with there caravans whats going on? we only came out of lockdown on Monday?

• Sad
Reactions: ShippoFox, Abdlchriscrinkle and JaysonTheRegressor
All of which probably contribute to the lack of effectiveness of your lockdowns.

littlewet said:
whats going on? we only came out of lockdown on Monday?
animated-kid-smiley-image-0043.gif
It's,
animated-ballon-caption-smiley-image-0083.gif
Making the third wave:
animated-jumping-smiley-image-0010.gif

Notice how the fires have also begun, too 🤬
(Reported as 'wild' fires by the media and blamed on globalwarming rather than cunts with matches)

And with that aside (and possibly lockdownishly, but definitely media related), remember that owd lass who was savaged to death by those fighting dogs?
Well, as I tried to keep abreast and fondle my prejudices (😉), but with scant information coming by the Beeb, I news-googled 'dog attack' and was a bit taken aback at how often, and unreported by the main Beeb, serious dog attacks were happening:
Screenshot_20210405-103450~2.png Screenshot_20210405-103540.png
Screenshot_20210405-103557.png Screenshot_20210405-103624.png
Screenshot_20210405-103638.png Screenshot_20210405-103734.png
Sadly, there was more than just the above, including one recent report about a teen girl who'd had her face ripped open (graphic photos, included) and one which, at first, I thought was a bit of over-exaggeration about a lad who'd had his hand 'almost' bitten off, or suggestive of that; reading further revealed that a copper had to retrieve his forearm .

I think the selfishness & carelessness of people is nearly proof that humanity is doomed in the long run. Even if not doomed by covid itself, covid has basically proved how people are (in general anyway).... 😦

• Sad
Reactions: littlewet, Zeke and ade
This is all the more reason to be careful. Here in the US, the third COVID wave was started by a superspreader event known as "Sturgis 2020": all those idiotic Harley fanatics--462,000 of them-- went to Sturgis despite the pandemic, in defiance of it...and exercised almost no protocol whatsoever. The mayor of Sturgis and the governor of South Dakota both openly defied the CDC's call to not put it on. And for the sake of their respective economies...they thumbed their noses at the CDC.

Within weeks of the event, all numbers rose sharply and soon exceeded the numbers for our second-wave. And kept rising. By December, my daughter, son-in-law, his brother, brother's girlfriend, my 4 grandkids and I all got it. All 9 of us. By early January, we in the US had peaked at 309,000 New Cases in one day...and over 4,000 New Deaths in one day.

Simply because they wouldn't put off Sturgis. They even sold thousands of T-shirts there saying "F*** COVID! I went to Sturgis '20!"

462,000 people attended Sturgis '20. Few, if any, wore masks, sterilized hands or even kept distance. There were loads of arrests at Sturgis, and mandatory intake testing showed over 100 of those arrested were infected with COVID. Another figure to consider: 61% of all continental US counties (3,120, meaning 1,900 counties) had at least one Sturgis attendee...some counties, of course, sent hundreds and hundreds. Based upon these facts, you can never convince me that Sturgis was not a superspreader.

Now, India is having a sharp uprise in numbers, as are Brazil and Turkey. The world just saw its 3 millionth COVID death; the US is 95,000 deaths away from surpassing its death toll from the 1918-1920 'Spanish Flu' pandemic (Spanish Flu claimed 675,000 American lives; we currently sit at 580,000 deaths from COVID). The simple fact is that this is by no means close to over. And any kind of reckless reveling now can start off another superspreader event, anywhere. Even a fourth wave in the US is trying to start up.

With my level of respiratory health issues and fibromyalgia, I consider myself damn lucky I wasn't hospitalized for COVID, let alone surviving it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: littlewet
Back