What is the worst diaper you have tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some that I found at a thrift store recently. They were plastic backed and unopened so I was excited and bought them, but they hold nearly nothing. They were way worse than a pampers, depends, or goodnite for me... it was awful. I ended up throwing away nearly 4 packages. Not sure of the brand, though.

Depends

I got a couple bags of depends mixed in an auction lot and they were the worst. I didn't like the look and it's a good thing that my test run was done while standing in my bath tub because they leaked more than they absorbed.

They might not be true diapers but.... Walmart brand pullups.... so.... many.... leaks.

Monkeypuzzler said:
By a country mile the worst nappies I have had the misfortune to use are the Tena slip maxi (cloth backed). How they could have gone from the very best when plastic backed to the very worst beats me.
I agree completeley, the tena slip were the best when they were plastic backed. They are total sh1te now. I buy ID Slip now.

Tiddles said:
I agree completeley, the tena slip were the best when they were plastic backed. They are total sh1te now. I buy ID Slip now.

While the clothback is NOTHING compared to the plastic, they are my favourite clothback for when I have to use clothback <__<;

Certainty diapers from Walgreens

Depends hand down.

pull ups style i think .....so many leaks

I once bought a case from Costco about 6 years ago, their Members Mark brand, I ended up throwing out almost the whole case, they didn't hold worth a damn and gave me an almost instant diaper rash.
about the only ones I had that were worse was a pack I picked up while on a cruise in Belize, they were pure wood pulp, and nothing else

Wow, so many bad diapers to choose from. As far as older ones that aren't made anymore, I would have to say the green depends and the Walgreen's plastic backed diapers. The Walgreen's ones were made by "At Ease". The Walgreen's ones were a real pity because they looked and felt awesome, but always had tons of pinhole leaks and bad tapes.

As far as current ones, I would have to say the " granny panty" style of pull ups that replaced the tape on diapers in most stores. So disappointing. They are just basically a maxi pad inside of a scratchy disposable pant. Awful..

thickdiapers said:
Walgreen's plastic backed diapers. The Walgreen's ones were made by "At Ease".

Lol, these are still sold at many US military exchanges.

Oh man when I first needed diapers those original Attend six tapes where awesome then they became garbage, I fondly remember the original,but then again back then the green depend were still good just had two less tapes so attends had the best fit.

I have two worst, the first was shop rite brand size 6 baby diapers, yes I fit in those for a time, they were horrible, leaked all the time, the others were Walmart brand when they switched over to the cloth backed cover, that was it for me, after the Walmart incident I was lucky enough to find xp medical

Abena L4

just purchased 120 of them, and been wearing them for 2 days, already gone through 10, normally ill go through 2 a day plus one for the night of other brands, but these Abena are crap.

They are cloth backed which i dont like, but the company said they were plastic backed. i put one one, and fasted the tapes, so that the diaper is nice and tight, within 2 hours, i stand up and the diaper just falls off, like a pair of very loose boxers.

Resulting in wet clothing, or wet bed

Not be buying them again thats for certain.

Babylea

Well that makes me glad I have not ordered any recently,as crazy as it sounds I went to the Northshore as a trip diaper because for me I find the front of a northshore is able to handle better than the Abenas,of course I am IC and in a wheelchair so no diaper is every going to fall off because I don't stand, it's a rather interesting question when wearing my cloth and onesies do they do anything for me now that I am in a chair full time?.

Does anyone know if brands like Depends, Attends and Tena all produce the same diapers, or if it's the different subsidies of those companies that do it for each market.

Depends while not great, I find to be a serviceable diaper, while it would never be my first choice, It's one I would feel comfortable wearing.

Attends Maybe I got wires crossed by I always thought they were a decent diaper, maybe a little better than attends, but the ones I had were in generally pretty crap, possibly as they were more aimed at the Asian market.

However the Tena Maxi Slips at least the ones we get here in NZ are my go to. Nice and Thick, refasten-able tapes, holds a fairly decent amount and is quite comfortable.

However as for the worst, it'd be the cheap brands sensei and the likes of, didn't hold anything and didn't feel good. Of course the Abena's went through a bad phase as well when wetting the diaper seemed to disintegrate the absorbent stuff.

I have not tried DERPends for the longest time cause they are ridiculously horrid. I think the diaper that let me down the most recently would have been the now extinct Snuggies Waddler. I had gotten them at the recommendation of a friend and they were terrible. I would have to double them up and even then some times the tapes would rip off or the plastic shell would tear. So I stopped wearing them to bed.

Then I decided I would use it as a daytime diaper and they still ripped under my clothing. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what but those were worse than depends cause they sometimes would leak first wet. Now I understand they were not made to hold a lot but at the same point I am not talking about flooding first leak. I am not gonna lie in my eyes the waddler was a diaper designed for me to do an excessive amount of laundry.

I will say on a plus side the now Tykables Overnight is night an day to the Waddler and I am currently wearing one and I think have worn 12 so far and no leaks or problems.

Embrace brand (also known as compliance) are absolutely awful, for sure the worst I have ever used even the single tape wings brand I used once were not as bad as the embrace briefs

Worst ever- Depends
2nd Worst- First Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back