What is the best diaper find you can remember??

dltyty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
What is the best diaper that you can remember finding and being able to use??

For me it was a package of 32 Luvs Size 6 from 1999.

I was hired by a neighbor lady to clean out her basement in 2013, mostly just remove a bunch of junk and bring it to the transfer station for her. While moving some boxes down from the top shelf I found an unopened package of Luvs Size 6 diapers sitting there. I grabbed the package and looked it over, it was fully intact, no holes, no nothing, so I set it off to the side. When I brought her down to show her all the stuff I was planning on bringing to the dump she asked me if I knew anyone who had a baby and would want the diapers instead of tossing them, I told her I knew someone who could use them and thanked her for them. She was happy to find them a home and not toss them. I spent the next 3 days in Luvs heaven!!! Wish I still had some of them now, but 6 years is a long time for quality vintage diapers!!

Here is my best diaper find so far; 6 Pampers Walker diapers for girls from 1993. I bought these at a thrift store for only $1. I've had some moderate luck before but not to this extent. I still have these in my collection. I doubt I could ever bring myself to use them.

Attachments

• Pampers Phases Girls 1993 Walker size 3 shrink.jpg
    Pampers Phases Girls 1993 Walker size 3 shrink.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: dltyty
I bought the same diapers as Aquasailor-- only a ton of them. It was about 2002, and I saw an entire section of vintage Pampers in a chinese grocery store in Fresno CA. I bought every last package they had! They were smaller packs, about 20 diapers a piece. I had about 35 packages of them. I sold them off one by one on eBay, although not for the extortionate prices they have these days. I paid about $5 a bag for them and sold them for about $40-$50. I paid for an entire semester of college tuition with the proceeds! I did keep one damaged bag for myself. They certainly don't make diapers like those anymore. You should have seen the scene in that grocery store lol... I had 2 full carts of diapers. People were staring!!

Reactions: Jinks and dltyty
Best diaper in my opinion? it have to be Cushies from ABuniverse, they're sooo cute and thick and soft! 🥰 :love:

My best find was prob the diaper that got me into this whole scene, being 10yrs old I was at the neighbors house, long story short I went to the bathroom, they have a basket of pampers size 5 stretch on top of the toilet, I took one out and tried it, I was forever hooked.

If that includes nappies “borrowed” from friends’ younger siblings, then it has to be some Sainsburys own brand from the early 1990s that I purloined from under the bed of a friend’s little brother who still wore them for bed wetting.

Blimey they were huge. And thick too.

The plastic was strong, shiny and a bit rubbery. They were unisex but had a blue waistband.

Most “borrowed” nappies were on the tight side but these weren’t.

I’m going all tingly just thinking about them!

Back