What is it for you to be a Diaper Lover?

12srepaid said:
Being a DL is mostly a comfort thing. Nothing sexual about it. But I also love diapers for the protection it gives to those in need.
I would love to help design cool looking diapers, mainly for young people who still need to wear diapers.
I think NorthshoreAdam is doing something great with their new colored diapers with patterns on them.

That also includes teenagers too correct?

AnimeDude892 said:

Yes DL is usable for everyone A, T, L. There is no age of consideration. Generally people discover that he likes the diapers between 10 and 14 years old at the latest, But usually the most common age is 12 years old

There is no clear definition of what DL means to me to be honest.

When i first discovered my love for diapers in my teens it was mostly an AB/Humiliation thing. I would roleplay and pretend wetting/messing myself on accident like a baby.

Today it's a combination of sexuality and stress relief, but the AB connotation is almost completely gone. If I'm in the right mood I get turned on just by putting one on. Other times I'm after the therapeutic aspect of chilling in a cozy diaper in front of a long movie.

There are also times when I really don't want to wear though. I noticed this when I decided to experiment and wear 24/7 for a few days. It started to just become a burden and I started to truly realized how it feels for you incontinent folks out there who have no choice...

So my love for diapers is in moderation, whenever i need stress relief or sometimes a sexual release.

trysexiea said:
For me being sexual, it took me a long time to consider myself DL it was necessary that I study more deeply the community to see what the term DL represents. If we look at the question, unfortunately the first thing that stands out is "DL = sexual attraction for the disposable diaper" but in fact it does not represent the largest part, it seems to be the case because some of the people attracted sexually by the layers need to express it for this important feeling existed (it is in 90% of the time the men who do that) so after that you get the impression that it's ubiquitous in the DL community, while sadly it's bad for the community, If you look more closely at what is most often mentioned, it is the comfort, the reassuring side and the practical side.

That's ok being confused about it, there's a lot of that around here as it is. While you are right the ABDL community most certainly does include sexual diaper fetishist (maybe even as high as 33% of us all), sexual diapers are not the same as diaper lovers. To make it even more confusing though, diaper lovers most certainly can include sexuality with their diapers. It's just not the basis of a dl's diaper compulsion though, and that's the big difference everyone needs to understand so we can all understand each other in return.

As I sit here wearing my very first real adult diaper (purchased a pack 2.5 hours ago) for pleasure. Well, it's just that. I'm brand new to it and evolving but I feel its rooted in the warmth and comfort of being able to let go and feel.

dampfan said:
As I sit here wearing my very first real adult diaper (purchased a pack 2.5 hours ago) for pleasure. Well, it's just that. I'm brand new to it and evolving but I feel its rooted in the warmth and comfort of being able to let go and feel.

What diaper are you wearing?

As someone who wears diapers for incontinence and has worn 24/7 for my whole adult life, I definitely agree that having the right kind of diaper can really boost your confidence if you have to live with this embarrassing condition every day. I too feel that diapers in different colours or prints can help, but there needs to be a balance between finding diaper designs that are eyecatching but not too babyish,

For me, being a DL is less of a sexual fetish and more of a coping mechanism to dealing with incontinence. I also love the comfort and security of diapers, as they help ease the severe nerve pains that run through the lower half of my body. Even with strong painkillers I take 3 times a day, my legs are in severe chronic pain, and having a diaper wrapped around my hips gives me some pain relief. I’d prefer to do that than flood my body with more drugs as it’s less invasive.

I used to hate wearing diapers but becoming a DL helped me adjust to it, and the ABDL diapers (especially Rearz Rebel and ABU Space) really helped me boost my self-confidence.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

I have to express my gratitude to all the users who posted in this thread. It was really interesting and encouraging to read your stories so it seems I shall share mine too.
As for me, diapers are the strongest sexual trigger that turn me on like nothing else, but it took ages for me throughout my growing up to understand it and accept like a part of myself​, my sexuality and personality. Actually I have no idea why diapers, but as far as I remember myself I never could walk past diaper shelves in malls and stores without a wood or any special feeling right below my belly in my underwear.
When I have grown up enough I tried to wear Huggies DryNites and those feelings of comfort were undescribable, not only because of my arousal but also of the feeling of softness (trysexiea's comparison with sitting on a cloud describes it best) and a little bit of childishness though it didn't need anything of Adult Baby stuff like potties, pacifiers et cetera. Really would like to wear Huggies Pull-Ups, but, alas, I'm too big kid for them. So I guess my love to diapers isn't only about my pervertness but about something more.
And, yeah, must mention that I never had any problems with incontinence, like, only in my early childhood up to the age of 3 years old just as every kid of this age does.

AnimeDude892 said:

Yes, it includes older kids and teens. But I'm thinking more of the incontinence/bed wetting aspect.

For me it's more a pacifier of my anxiety than anything...it's a fetish for me too, but kind of odd how it came to be.

I had problems with bedwetting from 3 years of age up until 15 which were the result of some unfortunate family circumstances...absolutely hated anything and everything to do with it. At 15 I finally managed to convince myself that I'm in control of myself again since I felt like I had absolutely none, and with that the wetting stopped for good...a week went by though, and I couldn't sleep anymore at night, focus in school, anything like that.

I then realized just how used to wearing them I had become and didn't know what to do...then it hit me. I should secretly try one on again and see how it feels to just sleep in it, knowing I could keep it dry. I don't remember a better sleep in my entire life, even if I tried to wear at night today I couldn't sleep better than that. And it felt good...unusually good. It not only felt like I had myself back, but...well, to keep it PG you can probably guess this is where I started experimenting, if you know what I mean.

It still keeps me sane to this day even wearing as little as I have the past while, and I think there's just no better way to keep myself happy than to embrace it now. This page in my life is irreversibly wrinkled, but I still love reading it.

To let go and feel the warmth and enter that relaxed state that we all enjoy. Totally understand.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it is also arousal. Even being married for as long as I was, the arousal of a wet or messy diaper was that much more to me. I felt like I could conquer the world. Its like trying to explain the taste of water, you just can't. But I totally understand the cloud nine feeling.

Well for me diapers are purely sexual because of me being stupid and not knowing what I was doing when I was younger but now I do find that they bring me comfort and I seem to sleep better in them. Some aspects of the AB side I like too but I’d have to call myself a little if I had to place it.

12srepaid said:
Yes, it includes older kids and teens. But I'm thinking more of the incontinence/bed wetting aspect.

But what about for like non bed wetting/incontinence problems such as not having to miss anything at school?

For myself... Diapers have never been about sex. And for that reason I'm really hesitant to call this a "fetish"
Much beyond that I'm really not able to explain a lot of this aspect of myself.
I know that diapers feel "comfortable". But there's nothing new in that statement. Lots of the people here will tell you diapers are a comfort thing.
I know that I also... LOVE everything about plastic pants as well. Diapers without plastic panties, to me, is an incomplete thing. And i have no better explanation than that.
It just is the way I am. And i know, that's not a satisfying explanation.

For me, it's primarily for comfort and stress relief. For reasons I don't fully understand, I've found that wearing when I'm stressed helps me to calm down, and when I'm depressed it helps get me in a better mood. I think it's largely because I see it as a way to temporarily forget about the outside world and just focus on myself and what I need at that time. When I'm already in a good mood, I find it strangely fun and freeing, possibly because of that feeling of getting away with something questionable, but more likely it's just confirmation that I accept my oddities rather than try to run from them. Is there a sexual component? I think I'd be lying if I said there wasn't any at all, but it's definitely a minority factor for me.

AnimeDude892 said:
But what about for like non bed wetting/incontinence problems such as not having to miss anything at school?

Sure, non bedwetrers could wear them, but my focus would be for helping kids and teens with autism, cancer, other disabilities and illnesses, and bedwetting.

I live a totally boring life. For me diapers are something I can wear that no one knows about. I'm not aroused sexually by them as I would be with women's clothing. As long as it doesn't affect my relationships with other people, it is a harmless diversion.

I love diapers I love the feel of them, it's a little strange to me because they also at times have a regressive effect but most of the time it's comforting just being able to walk around wetting when I want, almost like being naughty, which I guess is a little regressive in itself. Definately has a sexual component unless in a regressive mindset... unless getting changed then the touch of another hand powdering etc will feel really good.....thanks wifey

For me it's both the means to relax and a kink. When I wear myself, I just do it for the emotions (doesn't mean I don't get physically excited, though); when I watch pictures or read stories, it's more about the kink. If I could find a girlfriend who's into that, it'd certainly be a sexual thing.

Back