what happened at the disney gate this saturday....

landingxray said:
do you like disneyland better than disneyworld?
I have been to both. I prefer Disneyland. The climate is drier, food is better, and it is all centrally located. Two parks literally 100yd apart. It's a much more convenient experience. Especially with children.

Reactions: landingxray
landingxray said:
Whenever I go to the disney parks at disney world, I always carry a small backpack with 2 abena diapers, powder, baby wipes, snacks, and a water bottle. I was at the animal kingdom front gate, when it was my turn next to have my backpack searched, the security guard I guessed was stunned at my diapers because she suddenly looked at me....She was so kind and respectful. Instead of taking everything out, she slowly kept moving her hand searching around my things. Whenever was finished, she smiled and tapped my shoulder reminding me that everything is ok. The guest beside me had all over her things in her backpack taken out to be searched. LOL. Later that day, I decided to do a park hopper so I took a bus to the magic kingdom. When I got my backpack searched this time, the security guard lady actually took my things out and searched through the bag. The diapers were on the table and the line behind me was looking at the table. The security guard just kept chatting about the weather and florida season. She was so professional that she acted like the diapers were normal which they totally are. A lady guest behind me smiled and commented on how light my backpack looked. Magic is really at Disney!!! Everyone there even the guests treat you in a happy way!
Cool wow I’ve been to Disney land . But I didn’t have diapers in my bag at the time. But saying that when I got inside the park it felt truly magical and I was the best time I ever had in my life.

Starlight12 said:
Cool wow I’ve been to Disney land . But I didn’t have diapers in my bag at the time. But saying that when I got inside the park it felt truly magical and I was the best time I ever had in my life.
Even if you do bring diapers. The whole place is magical and they actually value you no matter what.

Reactions: Fireheat
justanotherDL said:
I have been to both. I prefer Disneyland. The climate is drier, food is better, and it is all centrally located. Two parks literally 100yd apart. It's a much more convenient experience. Especially with children.
Thats what I keep thinking. Disneyland seems more intimate because its so much more dense in a smaller space. Disney world is amazing too don't get me wrong but its so expansive that they should fill up each park with more rides and attractions.

qwertyqwerty said:
Maybe she liked them?? Lol sounds like it
Well when she took them out, she just acted like it was nothing out of the normal. But I did have one where the lady security guard did a double take, and she stared in the bag for a few seconds. Then she slowly crept her hand in the bag to search around it it seems. I think she was embarrassed. But nonetheless, she was really respectful and smiled

landingxray said:
Well when she took them out, she just acted like it was nothing out of the normal. But I did have one where the lady security guard did a double take, and she stared in the bag for a few seconds. Then she slowly crept her hand in the bag to search around it it seems. I think she was embarrassed. But nonetheless, she was really respectful and smiled

Well it's worth considering, they're at the gate for what may be hours at a time with no breaks, it's entirely possible that a few of them are wearing diapers to manage their need for frequent bathroom breaks. All those characters tromping around in the park, they're dealing with the same problem. You'll never see Mickey slip into a restroom, they have to work their entire shift out in the park, mixing with the guests, and probably are only getting one break during their 8 hr shift. Strong bladder or diaper, those are your options if you're in a big costume.

Last edited:
bambinod said:
Well it's worth considering, they're at the gate for what may be hours at a time with no breaks, it's entirely possible that a few of them are wearing diapers to manage their need for frequent bathroom breaks. All those characters tromping around in the park, they're dealing with the same problem. You'll never see Mickey slip into a restroom, they have to work their entire shift out in the park, mixing with the guests, and probably are only getting one break during their 8 hr shift. Strong bladder or diaper, those are your options if you're in a big costume.
As hot/discomforting wearing a diaper (and all the addtl. protections PUL, booster pads, etc.), is during the Summer months, I can't imagine wearing one while in say, a full-body suit/costume, too? Egads.

PaddedStag said:
As hot/discomforting wearing a diaper (and all the addtl. protections PUL, booster pads, etc.), is during the Summer months, I can't imagine wearing one while in say, a full-body suit/costume, too? Egads.

A lot of performers wearing suits like that have either passive or active cooling. Look up "cool vests" for example. There was also a rather humorous incident involving Barny, when one of the cooling fans inside the suit (at the base of the tail iirc) started smoking. (probably spun a bearing) So yeah, Barny was on fire!

Cool Vests are very popular among fursuiters also.

bambinod said:
A lot of performers wearing suits like that have either passive or active cooling. Look up "cool vests" for example. There was also a rather humorous incident involving Barny, when one of the cooling fans inside the suit (at the base of the tail iirc) started smoking. (probably spun a bearing) So yeah, Barny was on fire!

Cool Vests are very popular among fursuiters also.
Especially in that Florida humidity!!!!

come to think of it, cool vests are also marketed to construction workers. I'd imagine that is quite a relief when working out in the sun on a hot summer day!

all they need is a vent in the diaper they wear. lol

I have worn diapers to the DisneyWorld parks. I have been through searches and experienced times where they just kept them in the bag and other times when they pulled the diapers out of the bag as well. Its a gamble. I've also gone with abdl diapers and nothing has been said.

bambinod said:

Characters don't tend to stay out long -especially during the hot months. I believe when it is very warm out they do 30 minutes meeting (and sometimes will cut it to 15 minutes) and then get time in the back to recover. Cooling vests and fans often aren't able to be worn because it adds extra weight and/or can restrict movement.

I actually had to learn about some of this a few years ago because I was working on a worker's compensation issue with a person who was a character at Universal.

Blake said:
I have worn diapers to the DisneyWorld parks. I have been through searches and experienced times where they just kept them in the bag and other times when they pulled the diapers out of the bag as well. Its a gamble. I've also gone with abdl diapers and nothing has been said.
That’s how great of service Disney is. Magical!

Back