What era had the best movies 70s 80s 90s ext.

Tomtomthedl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm going to go with the 80s. Back to the Future, Goonies, predator.
What is y'all's thought on this.

• Love
Reactions: TheWaddlingDad, Cottontail, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
Tomtomthedl said:
I love the 80s myself. Infact Goonies was filmed off the coast here in Oregon =)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and jamiejamie
80’s! Goonies. Back to the Future. Gremlins. Aliens. RoboCop.

• Love
Reactions: SweetheartPanda
I didn't think I could choose a specific decade. But I threw together a list of some of my favorite movies and then looked up the years they came out. It looks like the 1980's would be my favorite decade based on this list. Of course there are hundreds of movies I have really liked.

1970's
Grease (1978)

1980's
Caddyshack (1980), First Blood (1982), Beverly Hills Cop (1984), Back To School (1986), Top Gun (1986), Back To The Future (1989), Crocodile Dundee (1986)

1990's
A Few Good Men (1992), Jurassic Park (1993), Outbreak (1995)

2010's
Hunger Games (2012)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
80's and definitely 90's.
Especially action flicks from the 90's.

I was born in 1999, so I would have to say 90s

I'm a bit biased here: '40s and '50s Film Noir; various '50s stuff, loads of '60s movies as far as Thriller, Adventure, Sci-Fi & War Epics; the '70s put out a lot of real good stuff and it started to slip a bit in the '80 but had its great moments; the '90s got waaaaay over-obsessed with Live-Action (from animated) and hyper-obsessed with remakes, only a small handful of '90s-and-up stuff was of any good.

There's only one thing I have to say about Hollywood anymore:

Hnet.com-image.png

And don't ask me about Sharknado.🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle and Tomtomthedl
Hollywood should crash and burn soon enough! I've had enough of all the fantasy shit that they're churning out now. Just like how Disney only uses the same old recipe for every one of their movies now, same story over and over again, just with different characters.
Cookie cutter style scripts.

And I will also attest to being sick and tired of all the fucking remakes! Please stop ruining films!

Last edited:
I think it's like music: every decade has had great movies and some really bad movies. That said, there's something about the golden age of movies from the late thirties through the 1940s. I love cinema noir movies with the lighting and shadows, typically in black and white. But a great movie/story touches your heart and that has happened in every decade.

Reactions: Tomtomthedl
Tomtomthedl said:
And Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, ...

Of course, I'm biased. If I had to pick a decade that I most identify with, it would be the 1980's. I was born in '76 and turned 18 in '94, so the 80's were smack in the middle of my childhood, taking up most of the space. So, needless to say, everything was better in the 80's and everybody else's opinions on the matter are stupid. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Tomtomthedl, dogboy and BobbiSueEllen
Cottontail said:
And Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, ...

Of course, I'm biased. If I had to pick a decade that I most identify with, it would be the 1980's. I was born in '76 and turned 18 in '94, so the 80's were smack in the middle of my childhood, taking up most of the space. So, needless to say, everything was better in the 80's and everybody else's opinions on the matter are stupid. :)
Them's fightin' words, Pardner! 😲🤭 #Mythbusters

RejectUrReality.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy and Cottontail
Back