What do you think made you like diapers

What do you think is the source of your interest?

• I wore diapers for bedwetting

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • I wore diapers for daytime wetting

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wet the bed didn’t wear diapers and wanted to

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • I knew someone who wore diapers and felt jealous

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • I have no idea I just liked diapers.

Votes: 99 55.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what made me enjoy a padded nappy round my bottom. I was 7 or 8 and got the runs, so my mum put me in nappies as I didn't make it to the loo a couple of times. I can remember her pinning it on me pulling up some large plastic pants and putting my pyjamas over them. I couldn't walk right but it felt funny. I got back into my bed and wiggled about sensing the bulkyness and then the runs came and I filled it. It was so stinky warm and squishy. I hated it and couldn't get it off myself. I sat crying and mum came and changed me again. I had no more runs that night but I did pee. That was a weird and odd feeling laying in a wet soggy nappy as a young child not a baby but it was morning before I got out of that. I spent day at home off school in Jim jams and nappies all day. My first 24/7 experience. After that I played nappies all the time when no one was about. I still do to this day 40 years later x

Reactions: sinceiwassmall and Lyric
I know exactly what made me like diapers - a lifelong pee fetish. It took me forever; but, I realized one day that wearing a diaper would allow me several additional ways to enjoy my fetish. First, I could pee in my diaper at will. Second, I could go to bed with a reasonably soaked diaper and enjoy the bulge of diaper and pee between my thighs as I fell asleep. Finally, diapers allow me to take a (preferably) freshly soaked diaper and bury my face in it. I generally do this with my morning pee before I bathe.

Reactions: Lyric, wetaccident and chamberpot
It all stemmed from a desire to poop my pants... diapers are a convenient way to hold all that afterall.
I feel like I already wrote this in this thread or at least somewhere on ADISC but basically, I had this weird memory hole where I somehow forgot what It was like to wear diapers so I was really curious. I was also slightly jealous of older people who still wore diapers but also looked down on them since diapers were for babies and I hated being called a baby after being bullied in daycare.

I wore Goodnites from the age of three till I was around ten or eleven. I guess sense wearing them for bedwetting purposes all those years, I knew I was a diaper lover. 😊

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Life!

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
inthedark said:
wow this is actually a real thing? i thought its just fantasies..
its also suprising by the vote that people voted no idea just liked it, i always thought people that are into diapers definitely had some kind of connection with it, at least in childhood.
I was punished by being put back into nappies because I wet myself at school and wet the bed. I was 5 and my father had left and my mother was getting a divorce. At first my mother was understanding - I didn't wet every night - but then she thought that putting me in nappies and telling everyone I would stop. I didn't. I stayed in nappies til I was 13 and then came back to it as a comfort when I had some bad things happen . . . I haven't written about this on here before.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Lyric and Weatheronthe8s
inthedark said:
wow this is actually a real thing? i thought its just fantasies..
its also suprising by the vote that people voted no idea just liked it, i always thought people that are into diapers definitely had some kind of connection with it, at least in childhood.
Yes. It's very 'real'. :) Did you think it was all fantasy? 😒

Facts when I was a kid:
* I potty trained at 2.5(thank god for timestamped photos)
* I wanted out of diapers
* I was proud to tell people that I was out of diapers----I even remember telling a family member

Weird stuff
* I was picky about what diapers my parents used(pampers were for some reason uncomfortable, pretty sure it was the tapes that rubbed my sides)....and this was mentioned a TON growing up. I would allegedly throw a fit if the disposables weren't Huggies. Like 4 or 5 different people have told me stories about this.
* I was diapered in cloth & plastic pants 5-6 days of the week. Special occasions meant disposables

Facts Today:
* I prefer plastic backed disposables

When did it start?? When I was around 4 or 5. Everyone had cabbage patch dolls back then. They came with diapers, which eventually rip or tear. I was given a huge bag of leftover disposables from when I was potty trained. Wires got switched one time when I was using the toilet....and boom-- instant diaper lover.

What was weird is that I really hated being around babies/toddlers and or babyish items. It made me uncomfortable.

When I was around seven years old, my sister (around eleven) started wearing Maxi Pads. I didn’t know what they were, but I thought they looked like diapers and I remembered being interested. I recalled that diapers were supposed to have tapes since I only stopped wearing Pampers during the day about two years before. I seem to remember feeling jealous when I thought that my older sister was allowed to wear diapers and I wasn’t. Maybe six or seven years later in health class I learned what they were really for.

Later, when I was around nine years old my youngest cousin (around one, I think) was still in diapers and I was jealous of the attention he was getting when he was being changed.

I asked for a diaper right after he was changed one time. I didn’t get one, but I was allowed to try one of his baby foods (Gerber, I think). I forget which one it was, but it tasted like a combination of fruit and sugar. I remember enjoying it.

Later on, I was allowed to try another item that was supposed to be like hot dogs. I didn’t hate that one, but I didn’t like it either.

About two years later (give or take) we were going to Plymouth Rock and I noticed my bladder filling up rather quickly. Due to a nervous system condition I was born with I have a bit of an overactive bladder (even though my parents think only women should have that) and even today I am sometimes a bit wobbly on my feet and still experience some urgency off and on (and even some occasional leakage (usually when I first stand up)). In any case, at some point in the trip he used his diaper and needed to be changed and I wished I could just “go“ like he did.

After the change was complete I was allowed to use the rest room at the rest area we just stopped at. I just made it, but part of me wished that I didn’t need to wait.

That was it until maybe three years later when my desire for diapers returned without any awareness of jealousy along with it.

I turned a bad thing (forcibly nappied) into a good one - I chose to wear them and now, due to urinary incontinence, I have to everyday.

Last edited:
My mum ran a childminding service (daycare) from our home.

I was potty trained somewhere between my second and third birthday, but some of the other youngsters were not trained yet. I distinctly remember feelings of jealousy, but more because I had just experienced the god awful battle of potty-training, and they still had the convenience of a diaper.

For three and something years, that feeling persisted, but shifted into a jealousy, and desire for the diaper itself. There were plenty in the house, a few different brands, in a few different sizes. The kids parents were responsible for bringing their own diapers. I didn't know this at the time though, so I would take one here and there. I don't ever remember using them at first, I would wear it for an hour or so in my bedroom, then fold it up and put it back. A bit gross for the kids, believe me I know, but I was six, I didn't know better.

This carried on for a few years, and eventually I decided to start wetting them too. Disposal was so easy, there was a diaper genie in one of the spare rooms, where the changing table was. This didn't help at the time though, as the ease of it meant I was taking more risks.

Eventually when I was around 10 or 11, my mum decided she didn't want to take on any new babies, and would only mind for school age children.

That's where I'll stop, as the rest of the story has no relevance to this thread.

Reactions: WillFord384
I just liked them . Growing up I didn't pay attention to them and was fully toilet trained early . The curiousity began around my 22nd birthday and I didn't try them until 27. I'm 28 now and have a dresser full of diapers

I remember seeing my younger sister wearing diapers due to a disability and I never knew they made diapers for bigger people. I snuck one to my room and tried it. I was amazed by the feel, and loud crinkles (this was the old attends with 6 tapes) and from there it just took off.

Amazon got me wearing nappies I joined to buy my pull ups and kept seeing abld . So gooled it then just went for it . Wow no going back now

Kymi said:
I was punished by being put back into nappies because I wet myself at school and wet the bed. I was 5 and my father had left and my mother was getting a divorce. At first my mother was understanding - I didn't wet every night - but then she thought that putting me in nappies and telling everyone I would stop. I didn't. I stayed in nappies til I was 13 and then came back to it as a comfort when I had some bad things happen . . . I haven't written about this on here before.
sorry to hear that. but your story is pretty close to my story aswell, but i was incontinent to begin with, so it wasnt much of a choice and i liked it anyways
Kymi said:
Yes. It's very 'real'. :) Did you think it was all fantasy? 😒
well i thought if its real, its probably a very rare thing to happen, because i always thought its kinda cruel to force it. and idk why but in my head i thought its unrealistic for it to actually happen (to lots of ppl).

inthedark said:
Maybe they voted "no idea" because the answers lack an "Other" option? You have to have been a bed- or daytime wetter or jealous of someone else.

I remember finding leftovers in the basement around 5 or 6 years, getting curious, trying one just because (children do get ideas :rolleyes:), enjoying the warm, soft pressure around my crotch.
What should I answer?

Last edited:
I remember being somewhat interested when I was maybe around 4-ish. I remember some of the early ads for drynites maybe playing a part and wishing that I could wear them. I didn't wet the bed regularly but maybe would have liked the idea of some protection at that age.

I don't really know what sparked it off but it sort of laid dormant until a few years later when it just happened to be a coping mechanism during quite a difficult time. Again, I don't know why it ended up being this rather than anything else.

inthedark said:
i would say that was a pretty suprising kind of punishment. . .
It's not surprising how effective and damaging it is. It's only surprising any parents could be so. . . Cold and horrible, until you realize that's exactly what your grandparents would have done to your parents, as kids, and how many generations back abusive parenting goes.

I'm not saying parents who would do this are abusive in other ways. I'm saying that something about :poop: or pee not ending up in the 🚽, has driven many a generation of parents so🦇:poop: crazy, that they can't access higher order thought, and they end up doing things they wouldn't do, otherwise.

ElPulpo said:
Maybe they voted "no idea" because the answers lack an "Other" option? You have to have been a bed- or daytime wetter or jealous of someone else.

I remember finding leftovers in the basement around 5 or 6 years, getting curious, trying one just because (children do get ideas :rolleyes:), enjoying the warm, soft pressure around my crotch.
What should I answer?
ohh now that, i fully understand. you're right, its probably what the original poster meant to write

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back