What do you call your "protection"

HalMidLife said:
Manpers is great! I love that :)
thanks it’s my warped sense of humor

Reactions: Diprs2 and jwh
Personal items is what I use mostly, or "I need to dispose of some used articles". Like today, I did a deep room clean, sent my mother a quick text using both "need to run and throw away some used personal articles. Also tossed some personal items that just weren't worth using due to bad quality." Finally rid of those terrible Attends, fell apart exactly like Depends. For adult size, I'll stick with Tena Stretch

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks and Neroforte
Manpers. It breaks the stigma and lightens the mood if friends discover or notice them.

Reactions: Diprs2, HalMidLife, FudgedInLuvs and 1 other person
IncontinentBro said:
Manpers. It breaks the stigma and lightens the mood if friends discover or notice them

I am surprised nobody has ever marketed that idea because it truly breaks the stigma and pokes fun at an issue the issue of having and or wanting to wear a diaper

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
IncontinentBro said:
Manpers. It breaks the stigma and lightens the mood if friends discover or notice them.
I'm totally using this now so I don't have to sound like Hank Hill!

Reactions: Mapboy and Diprs2
IncontinentBro said:
From now on, I'm calling my protection "my Sluggies" (I already call them my Huggies quite often)

I've always called them Diapers, but at the doctors office I call them briefs or protection. The reason for this is because at the doctors a while ago I called them Diapers and the nurse got really mad at me and told me she finds that term unacceptable. I felt bad for a long while. It shouldn't have bothered me but she really got to me. I wish I could just call them what I've always called them. Briefs or Protection feels weird saying, and it's as if I have something to be ashamed of referring to them in "such an infantile manner" as the nurse said.

Eclectic said:
Diapers. There is already enough diaper shaming without resorting to alternative words like briefs, pads, etc. I really feel like people should call them what they are.
That's exactly what I think, that and the fact that people who don't use diapers seem quite determined to change the name. I love that Northshore calls them diapers, it makes me feel more accepted when companies and people do. (that was hard to explain for some reason, I had to rewrite it over and over. ha ha )

star said:
Even onesie is confusing.

In the UK a onsie is an adult sized one piece garment usually made of fleece and with a hood that was the thing for adults to wear for a short time and is now used more to lounge around the house or maybe as pajamas when it's really cold or for camping.

What you refer to as a onesie, for babies over here, is more usually called just a vest or baby vest.

Footed pj's / sleepers for babies over here are often referred to as a baby-gro (trademark I believe?) Or on packaging in the shop: sleepsuit.

So it's not so clear-cut what to call them in the UK. Maybe they are trying to be international and clear in their naming.
"baby vest" I like that, it's fun. Sounds like the babies are putting on bullet proof vests and are Taking On THE Machine Gun Warlords! :)

I may start calling them "Kevin"

LifeInPlastic said:
I wear diapers and I refer to them as "diapers" or "Windeln" in German. They are what they are and I find the use of euphemisms like "tabbed briefs" etc. quite silly and unfit for an adult to put it politely. Face the truth and stop weaseling around it.

Cheers
Windeln,,, the word just sounds Cool and Mysterious.

NannaAnnabelle said:
It's interesting because when I think about it I seldomly verbalize the word. It's not like shouting out "SHAZAM!" every few minutes. 😁

If I call my usual local medical supplier I usually refer to them by brand name underwear or briefs. Other than that I think to myself pull-ups are pull-ups and diapers are diapers.
The next time that you call your medical supplier Please scream out "SHAZAM!" every time you refer to their products.

I just call them my other "underwear"

I wear diapers and that's what I call them.

I call them diapers, diapees, nappies, or even Omutsu.

Speaking to my wife, I refer to them as my protection. She knows what I mean, so no need to use the dreaded “diaper word” I don’t know why it’s s important to throw the diaper word towards someone.
my wife supports me fully, she knows I’m wearing diapers, and use them for their intended purpose because I need them due to my challenged bladder control / overactive bladder.

Reactions: HalMidLife
Addy3113 said:
Windeln,,, the word just sounds Cool and Mysterious.
It's the sound of the foreign and exotic. The reason why people who pretend to be hip and cool in Germany use english words without any necissity to sound fancy for decades. Start a trend and call it "windel" - it's what the cool kids do. ^^

Cheers

I've always called them diapers or fitted briefs

LifeInPlastic said:
It's the sound of the foreign and exotic. The reason why people who pretend to be hip and cool in Germany use english words without any necissity to sound fancy for decades. Start a trend and call it "windel" - it's what the cool kids do. ^^

Cheers
At times in the UK it has been common for people to use French words in a similar way.

Reactions: FLsolarSparky02
Back