What did/would you do with your pull-up when/if you woke up dry as a kid

abcde12678

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
While I never woke up with a dry pull-up as long as I wore them to bed as a kid… my parents told me if I ever were to wake up dry… I should not throw the pull-up (goodnite, etc) away because I could wear it again one more night.

However,

I had a friend who also wore goodnites as long as I knew him. We had tons of sleepovers over the years, and he literally never woke up wet (don’t really know why he wore them tbh. that’s another tangent.)

Anyway, he would always throw away his dry goodnite every morning. One time I asked him why he doesn’t wear them a second night if he woke up dry.

He said “ewww that’s gross!”

I remember asking him “why? Only if it’s not at all wet.”

He said that would still be “gross.”

… am I crazy for thinking a dry pull-up could be worn for a second night?

(Remember, I’m talking about as a kid… not as an adult, when things tend to get sweaty and swampy down there regardless of if a diaper is actually “wet”.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadianfalls and wetnights
Pulll ups weren’t around unfortunately when I was young so it was straight out of nappies and into pants. If I had of worn them and woke up dry I would of reused it the next night as seems a waste

When i was a teen i was told to wear them again however mine were tape on diapers with landing zones but only for the next night and regardless they are dry or not the second time it would have to be thrown away. For hygiene reasons and the diaper would be clumped up anyway reducing its effectiveness for wetting .

Given that I liked diapers for pretty much as long as I can remember, if I woke up in a dry pull up or diaper, I just peed in it.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Sealander, goodnitedog and 1 other person
I wasn't allowed to take them off my parents always had to do it. When I was 10 11 it was probably a 50-50 chance if I'd wake up wet or dry. If I was dry I'd use them as normal pants and pull them back up, my parents would check but if it was dry they wouldn't rush to change me out of pyjamas. That meant during some days at home I'd end up keeping it on most of the day and then using it again the following night. Changing into the same pyjamas meant I'd just take it off before and put back on after a bath. It was always part of my pyjama clothing so wouldn't be allowed to wear pyjamas without one

• Wow
Reactions: Canadianfalls and Lostdiapersboy
keep wearing them till their wet or messy

When I was 6 and still in pull-ups for bed, my parents wanted me to reuse them but I refused.

Back