What diaper pail do you use?

paddedup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve been piling my used diapers on the floor of my bathroom for a very long time(I throw them away everyday-every other day), I’ve finally come to the conclusion I need to buy a diaper pail. What I’ve found so far are pails for baby diapers, but the opening looks small, like it can’t fit an adult diaper. What diaper pail do you use? If you can find and post a link it’d really appreciate it!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I got a Dekor Plus diaper pail in lime green...it swallows up my diapers well, they have the biggest inner lid in the biz. I love it! 🥳🥳🥳

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover, BBBen, paddedup and 1 other person
paddedup said:
I’ve been piling my used diapers on the floor of my bathroom for a very long time(I throw them away everyday-every other day), I’ve finally come to the conclusion I need to buy a diaper pail. What I’ve found so far are pails for baby diapers, but the opening looks small, like it can’t fit an adult diaper. What diaper pail do you use? If you can find and post a link it’d really appreciate it!
I bought a 5 gallon bucket with a lid from Lowe's to put my cotton diapers and boosters in. The lid has a good tight seal that keeps the smell of urine from escaping.

Reactions: paddedup, skylanderpamp and BobbiSueEllen
I just use a trashcan thats used for PMD. The leakage of smell is minor. so it does the job well enough.

Reactions: paddedup and BobbiSueEllen
I have two Diaper Dekor Plus. One unused for cloth with their wet bag, and the other bus for disposables.

I use a standard 13 gal trash can with a foot operated lid.
As trash bags I use the Hefty Blackout bags so nobody can readily see what's in there.

A large 20gl bucket

I have the large Akord adult pail

I use a five-gallon utility bucket with a lid. Reusable cloth diapers, wet only. Before putting any diapers in it, I add 2.5 gallons of water and a cup of borax. Presoaking this way helps with laundry. (I have hard water, and if I don't presoak, my diapers don't get fully clean.) I do laundry when the bucket is full, which is every 2-3 days at the rate I go through diapers. (I don't wear 24/7.) A five-gallon bucket full of water and soaked diapers is really quite heavy, so a larger bucket definitely would not help!

I wear disposable diapers periodically as well. On disposable days, I simply put my used diapers into a bag and then take it to the outside garbage bin at the end of the day--or immediately in the case of a messy diaper, but those are a rare thing for me.

Reactions: paddedup, BobbiSueEllen and BigAl2
I just use a small trash can. In the morning i'll empty it. And put the diapers in shopping bags. And take them out to the trash can outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Diaper Genie Platinum pail. It has a larger opening than the other models. The carbon filter keeps out the smell.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I got a Dekor Plus diaper pail in lime green...it swallows up my diapers well, they have the biggest inner lid in the biz. I love it! 🥳🥳🥳
This is the one I’ve been looking at the most!

Ryger said:
I have the large Akord adult pail
Haven’t heard of this one, I’ll have to look into it!

Blacksheepg said:
The new Diaper Genie Platinum pail. It has a larger opening than the other models. The carbon filter keeps out the smell.
I’ve been really curious about this one, but I can’t find how large the opening is.

Huh,

I never thought of getting a specific diaper pail or can. I use just a regular trash can with a regular bag, and its taken out at least once a week or more by my staff and diaposed of.

Seems that the cost for the special liners/trash bags area quite high to me?

But if they do a good job and keep any smells at bay that work too, i dont think that anyone smells anything else they would say something but other than staff noone is really in my room either, and i use the master bathroom for the diapers and it has its own exaust system as well as a ionizer/ozone thing in there as well....

Back