What are your thoughts on the vaccine?

Whatsthatsmell said:
Wow. I never thought this would be the place I would find so many people who are completely intolerant of someone else’s choice of what they do with their own body. I’m done with this page.
Some topics are just hot topics.
You really think just because you are ab/dl everyone thinks the the same way on every topic!? That would be VERY boring don't you think?
And on this topic particularly, there is a LOT of false/misleading info around - part is debunking that.
Not intolerance - more like WAKE UP! But no I do not hate those that make a different choice than I did! I likely would be extra careful if I had to be near them in real life - but that is not hate, it's I don't want to end up sick because of something someone else did/failed to do.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall
Whatsthatsmell said:
Wow. I never thought this would be the place I would find so many people who are completely intolerant of someone else’s choice of what they do with their own body. I’m done with this page.
Wouldn't that depend on what "choice" you are talking about? I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that a lot of people won't tolerate things people do with their own bodies when those things are perceived as a threat to society. Even harmless, non-threatening things, like masturbating in public, is generally not tolerated in our culture. It should be easy to see why deliberately failing to take personal, commonsense precautions to lessen the danger of spreading a dangerous virus is not well tolerated by rational people. You may feel your position IS rational; but the number of apparently intelligent people disputing your claims should give you cause to reexamine your evidence.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and sinceiwassmall
Drifter said:
Wouldn't that depend on what "choice" you are talking about? I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that a lot of people won't tolerate things people do with their own bodies when those things are perceived as a threat to society. Even harmless, non-threatening things, like masturbating in public, is generally not tolerated in our culture. It should be easy to see why deliberately failing to take personal, commonsense precautions to lessen the danger of spreading a dangerous virus is not well tolerated by rational people. You may feel your position IS rational; but the number of apparently intelligent people disputing your claims should give you cause to reexamine your evidence.
True - and what REALLY gets me is there is good reason to think about it where we all live. I just recently heard of a guy (maybe 3 weeks ago?) I would say EXTREMELY low risk to anyone. Literally had not even heard of covid until very recently. That is because he actually does live on top of a mountain away from everyon, hunts/grows most of his own food, ex - occasionally some trading but rarely. But once he did hear of it, and that there was a vax - that guy came down to get it! Why can't we all wake up like that! He had little to no risk really - yet still...

Reactions: Drifter and ThePaddedTurtle
And now the Pfizer vaccine has received full FDA approval! At least we can hopefully get away from the 'experimental drug' argument.

Reactions: db80 and ThePaddedTurtle
AnalogRTO said:
And now the Pfizer vaccine has received full FDA approval! At least we can hopefully get away from the 'experimental drug' argument.
Yes - and I think SOME may get it now - BUT a lot will likely pick a different excuse. I think from here on, we are stuck with just a few new takers at a time.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
Got my booster yesterday, but I was born with type one diabetes

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
nwm said:
Yes - and I think SOME may get it now - BUT a lot will likely pick a different excuse. I think from here on, we are stuck with just a few new takers at a time.
Probably, the problem all along has been a fear of needles 🤣

(And I'm needling them 🤣)

Okay, no, but seriously, what about the aliens?
TXF-MSR-office1200x675~2.jpg

MailCat581 said:
If the vaccines were good; why are fully vaccinated people STILL getting COVID?
The vaccines were never intended to stop people from contracting the virus. They are not prophylactics (although there are vaccines in the works right now that will be). The point is to keep the person vaccinated from getting sick enough to go to the hospital and/or dying if/when they do contract the virus. 93+% of vaccinated people who are in the hospital and dying right now are over 65 or immunocompromised (and primarily getting it from their unvaxxed nursing home workers). Their bodies simply aren't able to create enough antibodies to fend off the virus. And those folks make up around 14% of the hospitalized and dying. The remainder of the people who are on ventilators and dying are unvaccinated.

Comparisons to any other diseases and epidemics are moot because this is a novel virus. The way your immune system works is, starting when you are born your body gets exposed to pathogens. Each time it does, it has an immune response by recognizing what its seen before. Slowly, over time, it builds up a strong immune system. NO human being's immune system had ever encountered this virus before. Every single person, no matter how "strong" or healthy their body and immune system is, is equally vulnerable for contracting it and for getting extremely sick. What the vaccine does is give your body a fighting chance by allowing it to encounter things about this particular virus ahead of time (and therefore create an immune response to it), so that it has a chance to be ready when it does encounter the real pathogen.

The previous commenter is correct about mutations. Delta is more efficient and appears to be slightly deadlier than Alpha. There's one called Lambda out there somewhere that is much scarier but very rare). Just like right now the unvaccinated are straining medical systems and dying at ridiculously higher rates that the vaxxed, in the future the strains with mutate to even more efficiently kill you if you aren't vaxxed. It isn't 'misinformation' you are hearing, it's flat out lies. Why? I don't know. But unvaxxed people who get it are turning out to be sorry and wishing they had been a bit more scared of it. You may be in a situation where all you are hearing is lies, which makes them seem true. But asking questions to knowledgeable people might save your life.

Best to you.

Reactions: BabyTyrant, ThePaddedTurtle and Drifter
PCBaby said:
Firtly don't class people that are worried about the vaccine as anti-vaxxers, we're not, we are doing some very dilligent research on wehat is what and what is and isn't safe. In the case of all three major vaccines there are problems showing up, this tells me that the vaccines have been rushed to production rather than gone through the full trials. It normally takes between 5 and 10 years to get a new vaccine approved, these have been approved within 16 months. I have my flu jab every year, when I was a child and when i jopined the UK forces I had just about every vaccine under the sun, but they had gone through proper tersting and were safe for 99.9% of the population. Yes they could make you feel roiugh for a few days but you usually got over it. You may not be old enough to remember the drug called Thalidomide that was used to treat morning sickness or prolonged vomiting due to pregnacy, that was rushed to market, check up on the effects of that! Also there is a case being brought to court in I think California which wants the true number of deaths from having the vaccine released. According to the US Govt, there have been about 3500, apparently just in one small area of the US there have been over 45,000 deaths reported that are directly attributal to the vaccine. What most peole don't reralise with the vaccines is that basically anyone that takes them is being used as lab rats.

Also and as an aside, I actually take part in medical research for both diabetes and am about to start testing a new vaccine for a winter respiratory problem that mainly effects the over 60's. So I do have some idea of what I'm talking about.

4.91 BILLION vaccines (individual jabs) have been administered worldwide thus far.

A handful of people worldwide have been shown to have died directly as a result of this vaccine so far.

From the CDC website (they put the bold in): "Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 357 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through August 16, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,789 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths."

In the US alone, we've lost over 640,000 human lives to the virus. Real people. People who have left behind others who loved them.

I know I won't be able to convince you to turn away form the sources in which you are doing your "research" currently if you are uninterested in researching the actual science and tracking being done by actual scientists such as the CDC. If you have become convinced that the CDC is uninterested in saving lives, that's absurd on its face and a huge challenge in terms of bringing you out of the conspiracies into the light of real information and truth rather than the lies. But choosing to do so on your own could save your life or the life of someone you love.

Reactions: BabyTyrant and ThePaddedTurtle
surprise35 said:
I have both vaccination shots and had some very minor side effects but feel 100% safer. To be honest I have very little time or space for anti-vaccination people, they often just sound paranoid or just plain crazy. Suddenly they care so much about their body but they still probably eat horrible food, or smoke or do whatever other stuff to their body that is super unhealthy. I know there are some exceptions of course for health conditions (reading above), so my position is from someone not any major medications or with a health condition.

I probably won't attend any ABDL events where people don't have at least one or two vaccination shots, just doesn't seem worth the risk to me.
Not to mention the fact they they use all these 'treatments' when they do get sick that are totally experimental or have already been shown to be ineffectual or even cause damage! They are treating themselves with medicines approved for livestock and not for human beings! It's mind-boggling.

Reactions: surprise35
Emmagar said:
I have gotten the vaccine. I got sick from both shots. I felt like a truck ran me over. If there will be boosters in the future I will NOT be getting them

Me, too! I ran a high fever for three days and also felt as though I had the flu or some other viral infection. I kept telling myself: "I'm not actually sick" because I wasn't. What you experienced was your body reacting to what it thought was the pathogen! Your body encountered the parts of the vaccine that it (erroneously) thought was dangerous to it, and reacted in a healthy, proper way (inflammation from histamines, trying to kill the virus with a high temp, etc). You had a great immune response! What that means is that your body is now better prepared if you encounter the real pathogen. You are much, much less likely to die or end up on a ventilator. I'll get the booster, and I hope you do to.

Reactions: BabyTyrant
I have an allergy to a chemical in the vaccine. There is a higher chance it will kill me than covid, that includes the variant. I'm not stating anything on its validity or otherwise just I can't take it or will likely go into shock and possibly end up 6 feet under.

I'd rather take my chances with the disease.

• Haha
Bladderbrain said:
I have an allergy to a chemical in the vaccine. There is a higher chance it will kill me than covid, that includes the variant. I'm not stating anything on its validity or otherwise just I can't take it or will likely go into shock and possibly end up 6 feet under.

If you have a medical reason for not being able to take them, then you are exact;y the person who will benefit, of all of us who can vaccinate do so. There will always be a handful of people who really cannot take the virus, because of allergies like you mention, or another friend of mine who has AIDS, cannot take it as his immune system is already so compromised they are worried that the vaccine alone could kill him. But then again Covid might kill him too. He has been in complete isolation since February last year. He lives alone, and has all his food and supplies delivered to his door. He lives on a farm, in what was once a labourers cottage. I try to call him regularly, as his only contact really with the outside world has been through his computer or cell phone. He is certain that he will die if he steps off his property. I do feel so sorry for him. He lost his partner to AIDS five years ago. He nursed him right through to the end.

Reactions: surprise35
babyann said:
There will always be a handful of people who really cannot take the virus...
... interesting lapsus, mismatching the virus for the vaccine (!?!)
X-Men: they call it "the cure"...

I'm joking, of course! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle, nwm, tiny and 1 other person
Bladderbrain said:

Which chemical?

PCBaby said:
Firtly don't class people that are worried about the vaccine as anti-vaxxers, we're not, we are doing some very dilligent research on wehat is what and what is and isn't safe. In the case of all three major vaccines there are problems showing up, this tells me that the vaccines have been rushed to production rather than gone through the full trials. It normally takes between 5 and 10 years to get a new vaccine approved, these have been approved within 16 months. I have my flu jab every year, when I was a child and when i jopined the UK forces I had just about every vaccine under the sun, but they had gone through proper tersting and were safe for 99.9% of the population. Yes they could make you feel roiugh for a few days but you usually got over it. You may not be old enough to remember the drug called Thalidomide that was used to treat morning sickness or prolonged vomiting due to pregnacy, that was rushed to market, check up on the effects of that! Also there is a case being brought to court in I think California which wants the true number of deaths from having the vaccine released. According to the US Govt, there have been about 3500, apparently just in one small area of the US there have been over 45,000 deaths reported that are directly attributal to the vaccine. What most peole don't reralise with the vaccines is that basically anyone that takes them is being used as lab rats.

Also and as an aside, I actually take part in medical research for both diabetes and am about to start testing a new vaccine for a winter respiratory problem that mainly effects the over 60's. So I do have some idea
PCBaby said:

Also and as an aside, I actually take part in medical research for both diabetes and am about to start testing a new vaccine for a winter respiratory problem that mainly effects the over 60's. So I do have some idea of what I'm talking about.
Much like you I’ve taken all the vaccines that were required for school attendance 50 years ago. Vaccines for military service weren’t a factor as I was rejected when I volunteered for military service due to the poor vision in my right eye. I regularly get the flu vaccine and have gotten the pneumonia vaccine, the shingles vaccine, and the hepatitis vaccine. These Covid vaccines works through RNA modification and have not had the years of testing that the others I’ve taken have. Years from now we have no idea what the long term effects of these vaccines may be. That said I chaff more at the willingness with which people sacrifice their constitutional rights in the name of “safety” when they live in a world filled with far, far greater risks than dying from the Wuhan virus presents. If you’re vaccinated why are you so worried about me not being if you’re so confident that these vaccines are effective? There’s even some evidence that the vaccines may be causing the virus to mutate in to these various variants. The same for masks. They’re about as effective as putting up a chain link fence to keep misquotes out of your yard. The boxes N95 masks come in have a warning stating that they’re not effective against the Corona virus, but people like the feeling that they’re doing something to make themselves “safe” by putting them on. Fortunately I don’t attend events that they can ban me from. Nor do I fly, go out to eat, or interact in situations where the government can mandate my being vaccinated, whether this is direct or through coercion of businesses. It does seem strange that many of those that support abortion on the “it’s my body and my right what happens to it” grounds see nothing wrong with forcing people to inject a foreign substance into other’s bodies just to make them feel safer.

• Haha
Zeke said:
If you’re vaccinated why are you so worried about me not being if you’re so confident that these vaccines are effective?

If you think the vaccine is perfect, why do you refuse to take it?

Of course, we ALL know that the vaccines aren't 100% effective. The risks are reduced, but not eliminated. So, by remaining unvaccinated, you have a higher chance of contracting the virus and of passing it on. You provide more opportunities for the virus to spread and mutate.

Zeke said:
There’s even some evidence that the vaccines may be causing the virus to mutate in to these various variants.

Viruses mutate regardless of vaccines. Vaccines slow the spread of the virus, reducing its opportunities to mutate. They also give some protection against new variants.

In the UK, over 93% of adults have Covid-19 antibodies. We've dropped all government-mandated restrictions. This has only been possible in such a short space of time, thanks to the vaccines.

Zeke said:
The same for masks. They’re about as effective as putting up a chain link fence to keep misquotes out of your yard. The boxes N95 masks come in have a warning stating that they’re not effective against the Corona virus, but people like the feeling that they’re doing something to make themselves “safe” by putting them on.

Masks aren't perfect, either. It would be better if everyone wore a hermetically sealed biohazard suit... but we can't expect people to live like that; we have to be pragmatic.

Simple masks do not protect the wearer from virus particles. No one ever claimed they did. Their purpose is to trap the larger particles (saliva, exhaled water vapour, etc.) to which viruses attach themselves.

I wear a mask in enclosed public spaces to protect others around me; not because it makes ME feel any safer.

Zeke said:
Fortunately I don’t attend events that they can ban me from. Nor do I fly, go out to eat, or interact in situations where the government can mandate my being vaccinated, whether this is direct or through coercion of businesses. It does seem strange that many of those that support abortion on the “it’s my body and my right what happens to it” grounds see nothing wrong with forcing people to inject a foreign substance into other’s bodies just to make them feel safer.

It's equally strange that many "pro-life" people support the spread of a "pro-death" disease.

• Love
Reactions: BabyTyrant, ThePaddedTurtle and nwm
tiny said:
If you think the vaccine is perfect, why do you refuse to take it?

Of course, we ALL know that the vaccines aren't 100% effective. The risks are reduced, but not eliminated. So, by remaining unvaccinated, you have a higher chance of contracting the virus and of passing it on. You provide more opportunities for the virus to spread and mutate.

Viruses mutate regardless of vaccines. Vaccines slow the spread of the virus, reducing its opportunities to mutate. They also give some protection against new variants.

In the UK, over 93% of adults have Covid-19 antibodies. We've dropped all government-mandated restrictions. This has only been possible in such a short space of time, thanks to the vaccines.

Masks aren't perfect, either. It would be better if everyone wore a hermetically sealed biohazard suit... but we can't expect people to live like that; we have to be pragmatic.

Simple masks do not protect the wearer from virus particles. No one ever claimed they did. Their purpose is to trap the larger particles (saliva, exhaled water vapour, etc.) to which viruses attach themselves.

I wear a mask in enclosed public spaces to protect others around me; not because it makes ME feel any safer.

It's equally strange that many "pro-life" people support the spread of a "pro-death" disease.
Don’t worry so much Tiny, you’re never going to live forever or get out of this life alive. If you’re really concerned about the virus you’re already depressing your body’s immune system. The anxiety that you’re feeling regarding the virus has a very adverse effect on your body’s natural defenses. This is one of the only times in history that we’ve quarantined those that aren’t sick to protect those that are.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: BabyTyrant and nwm
Zeke said:
Don’t worry so much Tiny, you’re never going to live forever or get out of this life alive. If you’re really concerned about the virus you’re already depressing your body’s immune system. The anxiety that you’re feeling regarding the virus has a very adverse effect on your body’s natural defenses. This is one of the only times in history that we’ve quarantined those that aren’t sick to protect those that are.
What’s you’re drawing on here is called “terrain theory” — whether you know that or not. It’s an ultra-fringe, long disproven attempt to reject the germ theory of disease.

If you’re hearing this as your Covid information, consider this gentle hint: you are in an echo chamber of disinformation rejected by the entire scientific world.

(Wikipedia-level overview: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germ_theory_denialism )

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyTyrant, ThePaddedTurtle and nwm
sinceiwassmall said:
What’s you’re drawing on here is called “terrain theory” — whether you know that or not. It’s an ultra-fringe, long disproven attempt to reject the germ theory of disease.

If you’re hearing this as your Covid information, consider this gentle hint: you are in an echo chamber of disinformation rejected by the entire scientific world.

(Wikipedia-level overview: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germ_theory_denialism )
Not at all. If anyone is denying the science of germs it’s those that think a cloth or N95 mask is going to protect them from something smaller than most areosols.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: BabyTyrant, Saltedcaramel64 and nwm
Back