What a frickin day, wet bed leaky diaper and several messy accidents at the most inconvenient times. Wish I would've just stayed in bed all day šŸ˜œšŸ¤£

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Talk about frustration and emotional stress and embarrassing.
Just one of those days were everything that could go wrong did. Just need to blow off steam I guess. Just wondering what would you have done, so here is how my day went.
8am woke up and found my bed soaked .. obviously slept on my side so had to strip the bed and wipe my rubber sheet down with disinfectant. While doing so I had u cup of coffee and then ate some breakfast waited to make sure my Ibs wasn't going to flair after a while I changed
10am my dad calls me and wants to go hit a bucket of balls at a driving range figured hadn't done that in a while sounds fun so what the heck. Go to his house sitting there shooting the breeze we walk out to his garden while talking and I feel a trickle running down my leg I realize my diaper is leaking even though it's barely even wet. I hurry and tell him I forgot my wallet and I'll be right back, so I run home and change and found my brief had a hole by the leg cuff looked like a manufacturer flaw but my pants were pretty wet. Was really hoping he didn't notice but I went back to his house and he looked at me and said why did you change your pants? I just shook my head and he got the hint. He knows about my incon but we don't really talk about. I've been in and out of the hospital and the ER and he knows about it .
So we go to the driving range and meet some friends and family and we're having a great time when out of nowhere my Ibs flairs I thought I could hold it and it's my turn to hit then I'll run for a bathroom I swing my driver puting some sauce on it and as I swing through I realize I have made a big mistake as I'm trying to stop what has started to happen to no avail I have a complete and utter blow out . I'm just standing there hoping it's not as bad as it seems. I excuse myself and run to my car and grab my go bag and head the bathroom. Thankfully they have a family bathroom that offers some privacy as I'm running for it I feel a second wave hitting no matter how hard I tried it was happening. I felt so ashamed and just defeated. I got to the bathroom and assessed the damage it was awful it had filled my diaper front to back leaked out of both legs mostly the right and shot up my back my pants and shirt we're beyond salvage. Thankfully in my go bag is an extra pair of clothes it even got on my right sock for god's sake . I washed the sock and everything else in the sink then proceeded to dry my shit and my socks with the hand dryer. Used a half a pack of adult wipes cleaning myself it was awful šŸ˜ž. Put my pants in a plastic bag and back on my bag. I wore my cleaned and mostly dried shirt hoping no one would notice yet another different pair of pants.
If anyone noticed they didn't say anything.
So we finished and I went home and took a hot shower and just took a nap because I was uterly exhausted physically and mentally. And then I wake up to another wet and messy diaper ....that leaked in my bed. So over it swear to God it's days like this is give anything to be normal. Like sell my soul type desperation. Sorry about the Grammer and spelling just forgive me for it .... Hope y'all had a better day than I did

Reactions: Diprs2
Sounds irritating, but good for you; living with incontinence and not letting accidents control your life. You are in control, even though your bladder and bowels may not have good control.

Reactions: Diprs2, Fleetwoodmac32192, StarWars7 and 2 others
I find I like to look back at bad days, whatever the reason, and think if there was anything maybe I could have done a little different. I'm certainly not saying you did anything "wrong" at all, but maybe there were a few small things you didn't notice that could have helped. I guess a way to try to turn a negative into a learning experience.

Example, before my last stomach problems started a couple weeks ago, I was getting 1 random hiccup and thinking it was nothing. Turns out it's not nothing, and I should have taken action. Now I know.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
As I am double incontinent and also a senior, I fully understand your frustration and need to vent. You commendably were prepared for an accident. However, why in heck aren't you wearing plastic pants over your diaper both during daytime and at night? Diapers are not perfect. Obviously both bladder and bowel accidents can happen. A diaper cover provides a very necessary second level of protection. I practice what I preach and wear plastic pants 24/7.

--John

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
jdinvirginia said:
As I am double incontinent and also a senior, I fully understand your frustration and need to vent. You commendably were prepared for an accident. However, why in heck aren't you wearing plastic pants over your diaper both during daytime and at night? Diapers are not perfect. Obviously both bladder and bowel accidents can happen. A diaper cover provides a very necessary second level of protection. I practice what I preach and wear plastic pants 24/7.

--John
I actually ordered some more. I used the Gary wear for a while but they kind of got worn out

Reactions: Diprs2
Back