Wetting triggers

Slimjiminy said:
Most recently, as I posted somewhere else here, I was starting to feel the tingles to go, but thought I could still wait. But as soon as I heard my son shut the bathroom door, I triggered or mentally gave up and just peed myself. He takes long showers and I knew I was already "undone" because we only have one bathroom.

I remember hitting puberty and starting to take those long showers. Dad wasn’t terribly happy with me hogging the bathroom when that began, especially if he was waiting to use the shower next and there was no hot water left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and slimjiminy
Sidewinder said:
Hands immersed in water is one I can think of at the top of my head.

Particularly warm, or almost hot water.
You sound like an apt victim for the sleeper’s hand in the bowl of warm water scheme!

Reactions: Diprs2
enthusi said:
Usually when I wake up in the morning my bladder feels empty. I could lay there for 20 minutes, or even go back to sleep and still feel empty. But the minute I go to check my phone (while still in bed) I will suddenly experience the familiar intense uncontrollable urge to pee and I’ll have a good soaking. It baffles me how my body can even do that! I can’t tell if it’s a conditioned reflex, or something about changes in body position, or what.
Your checking your phone must be a trigger like the closing music on MASH used to be for my folks’s Chesapeake Bay retriever. She would hear that music and automatically get up and head for their bedroom, knowing that they would be coming there within a few minutes, and she wanted to get her spot.

Coffee! Coffee starts a delayed action fuse on my bladder that spans about 20 minutes and I’m going to pee somewhere. Standing still after a period of activity, cold chills (my son used to get me with this one when I was diapering him as a baby), long lines in front of public restrooms (especially at state or county fairs), and just the thought that I may have to whiz when I’m lying in bed trying to get to sleep. These are all pre ic and diaper wearing. Now I hardly notice when I’m going (other than that great pot peeing experience we were talking about in another thread) and usually only notice the warm feeling in my diaper.

It is certain that with my overactive bladder, like the day if I have time to go to the toilet and do my pee and well as soon as I finish and have raised my disposable diaper, just washing my hands, I involuntarily do another pee, and this, in my diaper, result home after work my diaper is almost always saturated, but in the evenings and all weekends, I am only entitled to fabric diapers and plastic panties permanently from the has many leaks on the furniture, and of course the strict prescriptions of madame.

subietodd said:
So, with my OAB I find certain things trigger a wetting for me. Such as the sound of rain, or a faucet running, or when I pour a soda, rapid extreme temperature changes. Anyone else?
My biggest issue is coffee ...I love coffee but even having a small cup usually means 3-4 visits to the throne room within half an hour ..Double voiding too .. If I don't I can easily wet myself quickly .. If I travel somewhere different or if the trip is around an hour I always wear a pull up incontinence pant and it's a must if I'm travelling with someone else in their car for obvious reasons ...

Just living my life causes me to wee :)

I remember that on holiday in Australia I went to a multiplex surround sound cinema. High tech at the time.

It was a tourist video and included lots of rivers and waterfalls. It was so life like I immediately had a need to pee and wet my uderwear on the way to the toilets!

Napincolove said:
Like a lot of others here my triggers are, rain, running water under any circumstances, flushing toilets, getting home "front door syndrome" key in wee out !
Walking by the sea even pictures of waves tend to have an effect.
We were walking through the shops and the misses found a lovely picture of a lighthouse with a wave crashing in to it and before she even said anything I was weeing, without thinking she said that sight is enough to make anyone wee !
One particular thing is when I am driving and it starts to rain it is not only the car that gets wet.
In reality there are so many things that influence my bladder in a small way that even I am not sure what they are.
I have severe OAB with urge incontinence, so it's a little difficult to pin down other causes. However, with some humor I can relate to the "key in lock" syndrome, and you can add the bathroom door, taking a drive or taking a walk issues to that as well. In order to give my skin a break I usually go undiapered for several hours before bed, and this almost always leads to wetting accidents. I've lost track of how many times I've wet my pants on walks, on the front doorstep and as I stepped into the bathroom. Nearly every time I go to use the bathroom I'm already wetting my pants as I'm struggling to unzip them, and in order to avoid a mess on the floor I sometimes simply sit down on the toilet and finish wetting my pants there. I don't know if this strikes a chord with the rest of you, but it is often my undiapered reality.

Reactions: Diprs2 and chamberpot
schooner said:
I usually go undiapered for several hours before bed, and this almost always leads to wetting accidents. I've lost track of how many times I've wet my pants on walks, on the front doorstep and as I stepped into the bathroom. Nearly every time I go to use the bathroom, I'm already wetting my pants as I'm struggling to unzip them, and in order to avoid a mess on the floor I sometimes simply sit down on the toilet and finish wetting my pants there.
I suggest stopping all those practices. Instead diaper up 24/7. Your skin can cope just as well without the breaks for air. All the triggers can be ignored when diapered up 24/7.

Last edited:
running water, walking, a sudden sneeze, gas, etc

Water dripping (in the sink, puddle of rain etc), and a strong sneeze lol. My bladder never recovered after having my kid years ago.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
For my bladder. Running water or any liquid moving is about the biggest. But steeping into extreme cold will do it every time too. Sometimes just pulling in the drive way or the keys in the door. But for my fecal IC the last two are ones I get a lot. That and the closer I get to taking my pants down at the toilet the harder it is to hold it back. I have lost count how many times I a have shit myself with the diaper half off my ass. Shit all over the outside the back of my diaper or all over my downed jeans. Not pretty!!

Also getting up from lying down will get both of them too but it is a real big trigger for my fecal Incontinence and this is the number one cause for it. That and the pulling in my drive from being out in town. As soon as I turn off of the highway I start feeling it ad the closer I get to my house the stronger the urge. I then get out the car going from setting to standing and the urge becomes so painful I often just stop and freeze where I stand praying the urge will pass just long enough to make the toilet. If I can manage to hold it walking to the door it just gets stronger. Then I have to unlock it and get down the hall and get my pants and diaper down before the pain over rides my control. It is such a pian in my anal aea and lower colon that I can not describe.

I guess with my bladder IC I pee so often and then I stopped trying to hold it a long time ago so it pretty well is a small urge and then out it comes. But my fecal IC is much stronger and more painful. I mean my bladder Incontinence is painful to because of having interstitial cystitis and sometimes the flares are extremely painful, but after 30 years I have adapted to that pain for the most part. Fecal Incontinence has only been happening about 4 years and only gotten way more often in the last year. I am starting to have some in my sleep without waking up like I did earlier this morning. (WOW not good) Now I do pee multiple times every night that I do not ever wake too so I gues you could say sleep is a trigger.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
Diaperman95 said:
... That and the pulling in my drive from being out in town. As soon as I turn off of the highway I start feeling it ad the closer I get to my house the stronger the urge. I then get out the car going from setting to standing and the urge becomes so painful I often just stop and freeze where I stand praying the urge will pass just long enough to make the toilet. If I can manage to hold it walking to the door it just gets stronger. Then I have to unlock it and get down the hall and get my pants and diaper down before the pain over rides my control. ...
Most of my fecal accidents have occurred in the driveway. Once was trying to open the backdoor of my house, which sticks sometimes. For some reason, if I panic open that door, it sticks all that much more.

Normally, I like to get my quarter back from those locking shopping carts at the grocery store. But one time I had to just push the cart away and leave it in the parking lot. I panic drove home but lost the battle in the driveway as soon as I got out of the car. Oh the "agony of defeat!"

hearing the shower run, washing hands, getting really excited, getting nervous...

Running water of any type or even while drinking water, I get an intense urge to pee. If i am not wearing a diaper, I have to make a conscious effort not to have an accident.

Back