Wetness indicator & the embarassment

caffelatte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Recently I have noticed a new behavior of mine: on hot days I usually wear a diaper & a t-shirt when at home. Most of my diapers have some kind of a wetness indicator. When I notice the wetness indicator has changed its color, I almost feel embarrassment... just the first time. Then, even a really wet diaper brings no feelings.

Do you experience similar feelings?

caffelatte said:
Recently I have noticed a new behavior of mine: on hot days I usually wear a diaper & a t-shirt when at home. Most of my diapers have some kind of a wetness indicator. When I notice the wetness indicator has changed its color, I almost feel embarrassment... just the first time. Then, even a really wet diaper brings no feelings.

Think of this way- luckily you were protected and you didn’t get any furniture, floor, or bed wet.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Dinotopian2002 and Deleted member 56273
caffelatte said:

The wetness strip changing colour embarrassing if you see it? Or others see it?
FYI sweat will activate the strip.

My diaper has 2 stripes but I don't need them to know im wet.
I think primarily there so others can know the diaper is wet.

SparkyDog said:
The wetness strip changing colour embarrassing if you see it? Or others see it?
Not sure. Maybe it's about my better half seeing it...

jamiejamie said:
Think of this way- luckily you were protected and you didn’t get any furniture, floor, or bed wet.
Trust me, I praise diapers regularly for allowing me to lead almost normal life :)

• Love
Reactions: Dinotopian2002 and jamiejamie
caffelatte said:
Not sure. Maybe it's about my better half seeing it...
Well is the better half supportive?

I never had problems with wetness indicators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
I don't like the wetness indicators. Since I can tell when I'm wetting and I change my own diaper they are unnecessary for me, and the diapers I wear do not have a wetness indicator. I wear plastic pants over my disposables for several reasons, one of which is to conceal my wet diaper. Even after all of these years I am still sensitive about this and don't want my wife to see my wet diaper in the morning. She knows I'm wearing a wet diaper, but I feel better if she can't see it under the plastic pants.

Reactions: legojoker88
When at home and not expecting to go out I will put a microfibre cloth inside my disposable half in place with a net pant, as soon as I have wet it I am fully aware that I am wet as the cloth retains the moisture against my skin just like a normal cloth Nappy would and which slowly increases as the wee gets wicked around.

sweat will change you wetness indicator colors or even a small drip will,

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver and SparkyDog
I did have an initial embarrassment when requiring to wear incontinence pads and plastic pants due to bladder problems. Now I rely on a wetness indicator & use clear plastic pants to see it. I do know what you mean, it's like your nappy is telling everyone you've wet yourself/your incontinent.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
padsandpants said:
I did have an initial embarrassment when requiring to wear incontinence pads and plastic pants due to bladder problems. Now I rely on a wetness indicator & use clear plastic pants to see it. I do know what you mean, it's like your nappy is telling everyone you've wet yourself/your incontinent.
Even though I know i wet and the volumes , my lower regions don‘t let on how wet I am till it hits my bum cheeks

Reactions: padsandpants
Back