Wet the bed

gobphus said:
Thanks for asking. I admire your courage in getting into a linguistic discussion when English isn't your native language. BTW welcome to NATO.

Someone has already suggested that we equate being a bedwetter with having nocturnal enuresis. According to Wikipedia, "Nocturnal enuresis (NE), also informally called bedwetting, is involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which bladder control usually begins." So bedwetting doesn't require that an actual bed be wet.

"Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they aren't a bedwetter" might be easier to agree with in the medical translation "Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they don't have nocturnal enuresis."

Double negatives do cause confusion. @Palle's question might be answered more clearly with Venn diagrams. But I'll try using a table. What can we conclude if we know someone wears diapers? Let's look at all possible combinations of wearing/not wearing diapers, wetting/not wetting an actual bed, and wetting/not wetting while sleeping.
  1. We assume someone wears diapers: the first four rows of the truth table below.
  2. Are there any cases in which they are a bedwetter among the first four rows?
  3. Yes: when they wet while sleeping (rows 1 and 3).
  4. Therefore, we can't conclude they aren't a bedwetter.

Wears diapersWets the actual bedWets while sleepingIs bedwetting (IMHO)
truetruetruetrue (diaper leaked?)
truetruefalsefalse (deliberate, diaper leaked)
truefalsetruetrue (accidental wetting)
truefalsefalsefalse (a good night)
falsetruetruetrue (classic case)
falsetruefalsefalse (deliberate soaking)
falsefalsetruetrue (slept on couch?)
falsefalsefalsefalse (no need for diaper)
A big "thank you" goes to @gobphus for the, over the top, effort...
I absolutely loved the truth table, you absolutely crushed it, case is absolutely closed(?).
The world definitely needs more truth out there, a table might be one way to deliver it.

My Swedish teacher one time said to me: Only use double negations if you want to be unclear or want to confuse someone, but why would you want to do that?... ...And a lot more useful stuff I can't remember, but that one really stuck to me... ...Because it's true....

Sorry for stealing the tread, but we really needed to sort this out, one time for all...

Last edited:
Reactions: Peepeegirl and gobphus
Bed is safe but only due to Mega max. Do I pee in my sleep? yes every night multiple times. I use to be really bummed by this as a teenager. But fast forward 30 plus years and listening to my middle age friends talking about getting up 2 3 or 4 ties a night to go pee. I just smile and laugh to myself. It is such a normal thing now I would not change it if I could. I in-fact just started and finished pissing myself laying in the bed as typing this. Lol

• Love
Reactions: Peepeegirl and gobphus
W
gobphus said:
Thanks for asking. I admire your courage in getting into a linguistic discussion when English isn't your native language. BTW welcome to NATO.

Someone has already suggested that we equate being a bedwetter with having nocturnal enuresis. According to Wikipedia, "Nocturnal enuresis (NE), also informally called bedwetting, is involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which bladder control usually begins." So bedwetting doesn't require that an actual bed be wet.

"Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they aren't a bedwetter" might be easier to agree with in the medical translation "Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they don't have nocturnal enuresis."

Double negatives do cause confusion. @Palle's question might be answered more clearly with Venn diagrams. But I'll try using a table. What can we conclude if we know someone wears diapers? Let's look at all possible combinations of wearing/not wearing diapers, wetting/not wetting an actual bed, and wetting/not wetting while sleeping.
  1. We assume someone wears diapers: the first four rows of the truth table below.
  2. Are there any cases in which they are a bedwetter among the first four rows?
  3. Yes: when they wet while sleeping (rows 1 and 3).
  4. Therefore, we can't conclude they aren't a bedwetter.

Wears diapersWets the actual bedWets while sleepingIs bedwetting (IMHO)
truetruetruetrue (diaper leaked?)
truetruefalsefalse (deliberate, diaper leaked)
truefalsetruetrue (accidental wetting)
truefalsefalsefalse (a good night)
falsetruetruetrue (classic case)
falsetruefalsefalse (deliberate soaking)
falsefalsetruetrue (slept on couch?)
falsefalsefalsefalse (no need for diaper)

Wow I think a few people took the wording of this just a bit to serious. Just to be clear if you piss while in the bed you are a bedwetter. Just like if you can not hold your bladder you are incontinent. You do not have to literally piss on your pants to so to speak to say I peed my pants. If you are incontinent the diaper or pad is a given. especially to anyone in this group.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Peepeegirl and Palle
Dry bed as usual thanks to my diaper and plastic pants!

Reactions: Wetshisbed and Peepeegirl
Diaperman95 said:
W

Wow I think a few people took the wording of this just a bit to serious. Just to be clear if you piss while in the bed you are a bedwetter. Just like if you can not hold your bladder you are incontinent. You do not have to literally piss on your pants to so to speak to say I peed my pants. If you are incontinent the diaper or pad is a given. especially to anyone in this group.
Dear @Diaperman95
There might be a difference, my problem is that my native is Swedish. My English spelling and grammar is hopefully acceptable, but I sometimes fail due to dual meaning of expressions that I sometimes don't understand or know of. There's where linguistics come in handy. If I ask when I don't understand, I sometimes get a blunt answer and sometimes I get the answer I really want, the one with a thought and amybe a reflection. I want to clearly understand and to clearly make myself understood. I don't want to end up a certain russian dic(tator)... ...as a complete incompetent moron...
Hopefully I am making myself clear, if not ,please tell me what I did wrong....
Or we could do the discussion in Swedish, your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peepeegirl
Palle said:
Dear @Diaperman95
There might be a difference, my problem is that my native is Swedish. My English spelling and grammar is hopefully acceptable, but I sometimes failng wrong due to dual meaning of expressions that I sometimes don't understand or know of. There's where linguistics come in handy. If I ask when I don't understand, I sometimes get a blunt answer and sometimes I get the answer I really want, the one with a thought and amybe a reflection. I want to clearly understand and to clearly make myself understood. I don't want to end up a certain russian dic(tator)... ...as a complete incompetent moron...
Hopefully I am making myself clear, if not ,please tell me what I did wrong....
Or we could do the discussion in Swedish, your choice.
You did nothing wrong. it just seemed like people was making a huge deal out of the wording when they all knew the meaning. That is all. You are correct if you wet while in bed you wet the bed.

Have a great day!

Reactions: Peepeegirl and Palle
🙌 wet nappy - dry bed.

☺️

Reactions: bdale and Peepeegirl
I woke up wet, like every night

Reactions: Peepeegirl, gobphus and Wetshisbed
QuickChe said:
I woke up wet, like every night
Same here. As it is the weekend I enjoyed a long wet lay in

Reactions: Peepeegirl and chamberpot
WBxx said:
Wet in my sleep last night … and proud of it.
Same here. I am a happy and proud bedwetter

• Love
Reactions: Peepeegirl, chamberpot and gobphus
fredy552 said:
I wear a diaper with a booster and plastic panties to bed. I usually wet my bed during the night sometimes I wake up a little and wet my diaper. I think in the 3 years and a few months that I have been wearing diapers and plastic pants to bed I may have wet the bed about 3 times, Then before I was wearing my diapers continually at night I was experimenting as to how much I wet, or did I wet and should I wear a Pull-Up or diaper and plastic panties. This was the beginning of my Incontinence. I was trying to figure out what to do and what to use or wear to keep from wetting the bed. That problem for now has been fixed with what I wear to bed now. I am wearing diapers and plastic pants 24/7.
just bought new plastic pants to wear over diaper and pantyhose.

Wetshisbed said:
Same here. As it is the weekend I enjoyed a long wet lay in
i find that sexy.

Peepeegirl said:
Raise your hand if wet the bed today?
Cause I did 🙌🏻
Yea, I do wet the Bed, I do wear a Diaper to Bed and normally I’m always wet in the morning, My Respite Care Provider changes my diaper every morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
There may have been a wet spot ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Peepeegirl and chamberpot
MEDL7 said:
There may have been a wet spot ;)
Yes my Bed had a wet spot. An Overnight Diaper are being being purchased for me as we speak.

Bed is super dry. Diaper is full.

• Haha
Reactions: princessarya and MEDL7
I ran out of MegaMax diapers so I wore an Abena Premium M4 with a stuffed in back. I sleep on my back and if I have an accident, it will usually soak the front of the diaper and leak down between my legs and pool in the back. The stuffer is added protection. I woke up this morning with the front of my diaper soaked and half of the stuffer soaked and swollen. I guess it was a wise precaution.

My wife is always happier when only my diaper is wet instead of the sheets and mattress.

Reactions: chamberpot
Eagertail said:
I wanna get bedwetting trained
Me2 love wake up wetting bed

Back