Wet seat frustration...ugh!

RedStripeLvr

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I worked a rare overnight shift at the FD last night. While I would normally wear a MegaMax to bed, I had on a dry MM Air and rolled with it. We got a call at 0300 and I actually made it to the restroom before going out the door, which was doesn't happen often. We were cancelled, returned to station and went back to bed. I didn't sleep well...just enough to wet my diaper, but it didn't seem like much.

I left shift a little after 0600 and had a flood on the way home, which I didn't expect since I knew I had already peed at least twice since 3 am. Well of course I managed to leak all over my truck seat! That hasn't happened in a long while.

I've never been a big fan of cloth backed disposables but was hoping these would work while keeping me cooler on shift and being a bit quieter. I guess I was wrong.

Sorry, just needed to vent a bit. It's frustrating after all these years of dealing with this that sometimes I still don't get it "right" and have leaks. On a good note, at least it didn't happen on the way to a call!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Always trial and error with new diapers ,
I feel you pain as I had thought I was safe and then next pee leaked

Reactions: Diprs2, RedStripeLvr and Edgewater
The only good thing that I can say about leaks is that they make me more appreciative of the days when my ic products do prevent my leaking. It’s frustrating if it’s a rare occurrence but if what should be an adequate product is failing to do its job it can get quite demoralizing. Hopefully it was better to get your seat wet in your truck than it would’ve been to get the truck seat wet at work (always looking for that ever elusive “bright side”).

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, RedStripeLvr, NappiedTruckDriver and 1 other person
One of the assured realities of wearing is that at some point, commonly at the worst possible moment, one's diaper will leak! It is why I plan for the worst and rejoice when no leaks occur! It is why I wear MEGAMAX at night with NS Trifecta plastic pants. For me, it is commonly pure over kill, until it is not!

Sorry that you experienced a wet truck seat. But, as stated above, with luck it was not in the fire truck.

Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2, newt and 2 others
Edgewater said:
One of the assured realities of wearing is that at some point, commonly at the worst possible moment, one's diaper will leak! It is why I plan for the worst and rejoice when no leaks occur! It is why I wear MEGAMAX at night with NS Trifecta plastic pants. For me, it is commonly pure over kill, until it is not!

Sorry that you experienced a wet truck seat. But, as stated above, with luck it was not in the fire truck.
At night it is normally a MegaMax or similar with cloth contour overtop and covered with plastic pants. At work that is too much to actually function so I go with a MM, but limit fluid intake (I know, I know...but it's just when I'm doing an overnight).

Edgewater said:

Yep. Big fan of overkill right here too. I thankfully don't have anywhere near the level of IC of the OP, but it's also not nothing. All to say, although a thin pull up is technically all I "need", I bump it up a level and use a taped diaper at night (and a fair amount during the day as well when I'm working from home). I don't ever want to wet anything on the outside :)

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Edgewater
HalMidLife said:
Yep. Big fan of overkill right here too.
Overkill is ok while you're working. After retirement, unless you're well off/insured, cost cutting becomes very important. I am thankful that Walmart (Canada) is doing their part to keep my resupply prices lower.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Edgewater
I know the feeling!, had it happen various times to me, no fun at all.😕

Back