Wet morning diaper as a child

The first time I got up the nerve to remove my wet diaper, throw it away, shower, then put on a new diaper standing up against the lockers I had butterfly’s. Of course, like you, nobody ever said anything to me. After that first time it became easier. I have yet to have any guy in there ever say a thing. Actually what would they say? I treat it as a matter of fact thing, which it is since I’m diapered 24/7. Many days all I do is just change out of my gym shorts and put my jeans on.

• Wow
Reactions: LePew, Canadianfalls and lillen
ballyhooser said:
The first time I got up the nerve to remove my wet diaper, throw it away, shower, then put on a new diaper standing up against the lockers I had butterfly’s. Of course, like you, nobody ever said anything to me. After that first time it became easier. I have yet to have any guy in there ever say a thing. Actually what would they say? I treat it as a matter of fact thing, which it is since I’m diapered 24/7. Many days all I do is just change out of my gym shorts and put my jeans on.
And what would you say to them if they asked?
Would you lie and tell them you’re IC even though you’re not?

Reactions: lillen
ballyhooser said:
If my overnight diaper can still hold some more I’ll start my day at LAFitness, work out in my wet diaper. I’ll take it off in the locker room, shower, and put on a new diaper. Some mornings I’m just too soaked when I wake up to do that.
ballyhooser said:
So are you IC or an exhibitionist?
If I was IC, I would put on a fresh diaper before heading to the gym instead. Here’s why: morning diapers stink of pee; waking up with just enough room in your overnight diaper to make it through the gym just to work out in public and slosh around an overnight pee diaper, pushing the odor out from its waistband as you’re actively exercising then have it be so full that you need to change out of it right there in front of everyone in the locker room…. well that just sounds like exhibitionism… don’t you think?
Most IC people on here will put on a fresh diaper especially to avoid public changes rather than delight in the thrill of them. Most IC people here would specifically dress for a workout rather than bring a thick overfilled overnight diaper into a public gym, destroy it in front of everyone, and show it off in a public changing room.

LePew said:
If I was IC, I would put on a fresh diaper before heading to the gym instead. Here’s why: morning diapers stink of pee; waking up with just enough room in your overnight diaper to make it through the gym just to work out in public and slosh around an overnight pee diaper, pushing the odor out from its waistband as you’re actively exercising then have it be so full that you need to change out of it right there in front of everyone in the locker room…. well that just sounds like exhibitionism… don’t you think?
Most IC people on here will put on a fresh diaper especially to avoid public changes rather than delight in the thrill of them. Most IC people here would specifically dress for a workout rather than bring a thick overfilled overnight diaper into a public gym, destroy it in front of everyone, and show it off in a public changing room.
I know this is a sensitive topic on this forum. I can’t speak for everyone but this isn’t necessarily exhibitionism. Like Many people, I crave normalization of wearing adult diapers. I believe it’s just a medical undergarment and is no different than a woman wearing a maxi pad. So there’s a sense of acceptance I feel when I’m able to be in an environment where my diaper is noticed but it’s okay.

Wearing a diaper to the gym doesn’t mean it’s full and sloshing around. I wear Megamax and many mornings I wake up having only peed once while asleep. There’s no reason that can’t continue to be worn. As far as gym locker rooms go, diaper should be the least concern. Guys walk around naked completely unnecessarily with no concern for who sees. I’ve been doing a lot of different gyms and it’s kind of just the culture, especially the old guys, they just don’t care. You can’t convince me that wearing a diaper is somehow more revealing or inappropriate than just letting your twig and berries swing loose. Now maybe some of THOSE guys exhibitionists, who knows?

I think the bottom line is we as a community have actually contributed to the stigma of wearing adult diapers with this idea, they “aren’t OK” to change in a place where you would otherwise change your underwear. I think if you are treating them the same as you would your underwear, you’re not doing anything wrong.

Reactions: redprtodd
PCS said:
From what I can remember I would generally take mine off not long after I got out of bed. I have memories of letting my soaked morning nappy slide down my legs and land with a “plop” on the bedroom floor.

I recently found a photo with one visible in the background, which I have cropped and blown up below (sorry for the poor quality).

I always thought I used to let them slide down with both tapes still done up, but this one appears to have had one tape undone first.

View attachment 122034
What kind of diaper was that?

Akura said:
Wow, interesting memories from people!

I used to wake up on school days usually before my parents and especially on weekends, they wanted to lay-in. School days I used to get up, nearly always in a wet diaper, go into the living room and watch tv/cartoons before my mum would get up. I usually waited at least 30 mins or so before mum would get up, first thing she would do is change me usually on the living room floor or sometimes my bed. Then I'd be cleaned with baby wipes so I didn't smell of pee for school, then a new diaper put on and get dressed into school clothes, then breakfast + teeth/morning wash and then to school.

On weekends it was a different story. Mum and dad used to lay in and since no one else was in the house (I'm an only child), I still used to get up fairly early on weekends. Same as usual, I'd get up and go into the living room and watch my favourite weekend cartoons. Weekends were the best as a kid, I miss it so much. I'd probably be up on my own for over an hour or so before a parent would wake up, still in my wet diaper. I don't recall having any issues with leaking despite having stayed in it all night and using it again in the morning.

I'd never ask for a diaper change and always waited for the 'diaper check'. I didn't/couldn't change my own diapers either, I vaguely remember trying to and failing rather epically. Being in a wet diaper didn't seem to bother me as a kid. I was always pre-occupied with playing, cartoons or whatever. My mum would usually nag and lecture me that I should ask for a change, probably worried about my skin. Didn't seem to bother her on weekends though when a lay-in was on the cards! 😅

As I got a bit older and stopped having day accidents, the Pampers and Huggies 'taped' diapers went and I transitioned to DryNites for night wetting only. By around age 11/12 onwards I was able to change my own DryNite (although funnily enough, it was around this time I was becoming a DL through missing my Pampers/taped diapers). Carried on wetting the bed until 15 or so, it came to a slow and gradual stop.
Definitely a bit jealous of you getting to wear Pampers/Huggies for so long! Did you need them in the daytime too?

Yeah I would do that. I did pretty much immediately love that feeling lol. In the winter, it also felt a heck of a lot better to me than waking up in soaked sheets. Mostly, not changing came down to laziness. Though I couldn’t’ get away with it if I really I really soaked the diaper. But if it wasn’t literarily sopping, I would pretty often eat breakfast and not change until I got a shower or got changed for the day. If it was a weekend and I woke up with a slightly wet diaper, I’d be watching tv on the couch (which yes is pretty gross). Common complaint with my siblings lol. I always said it was fine, because I’d still wear pjs or a long shirt so it wasn’t like I was directly on the seat. My mom didn’t care if I was dry, but she’d get peeved if she found out I was even slightly wet and trying to get away with it. At least a couple times, I definetly did get the wooden kitchen tables a little bit moist. Looking back yeah, it was pretty ridiculous especially I’d be doing this at home even into my first year in middle school but I guess it was just so normalized for me in a way

Wetshisbed said:
I actually had nappies in the early 80s. Big blue adult disposables that often leaked.

I had those too. I had them at school. They would often split and leak fluff. And bunching, omg, bunching like nothing on earth.

I tried desperately to hide my wetting so wore multiple underwear at night. I would then only put 1 or 2 out every so often to be washed. as far as I know my parents never caught on. No need to ask now, just one of those things.

Reactions: wetaccident
I was always up early as a child and would watch cartoons on the tv while my parents and family slept. I was not uncommon for me to be sat in soaked, messy nappies for 3 of 4 hours on some weekends. Mum was always kinda supprised that i could just sit for hours in full nappies, without a care in the world. As soon as she would poke her head in the living room to say good morning, she would comment on the smell and disapear for a few seconds, coming back with a change in hand. She would proceed to change me on the rug in the living room, usually commenting on the smell or how dirty i was, and then pulling my pjs back on and let me lounge around for the rest of the morning in my crinkly nappies and pjs. This went on till I was 8, then i sat in wet nappies as long as i could till i was 12. Mum would get cross if i didnt take them off in the mornings when i was older.

Reactions: PersistenceCoal
Wetshisbed said:
Oh I enjoyed it too. I had no interest in potty training. It took my mother until just before I started school to get me out of nappies during the day. I was in nappies at night a lot longer.
How long at night?

southeastlittle said:
What kind of diaper was that?
Peaudouce Babyslip Childsize

Reactions: southeastlittle
Soggy247 said:
I was always up early as a child and would watch cartoons on the tv while my parents and family slept. I was not uncommon for me to be sat in soaked, messy nappies for 3 of 4 hours on some weekends. Mum was always kinda supprised that i could just sit for hours in full nappies, without a care in the world. As soon as she would poke her head in the living room to say good morning, she would comment on the smell and disapear for a few seconds, coming back with a change in hand. She would proceed to change me on the rug in the living room, usually commenting on the smell or how dirty i was, and then pulling my pjs back on and let me lounge around for the rest of the morning in my crinkly nappies and pjs. This went on till I was 8, then i sat in wet nappies as long as i could till i was 12. Mum would get cross if i didnt take them off in the mornings when i was older.
I never cared if I was wet as a kid. When still in nappies until was 5 I would happily play in my nappies all day without be I g changed.

Last edited:
Soggy247 said:
I had those too. I had them at school. They would often split and leak fluff. And bunching, omg, bunching like nothing on earth.
Yes they were not good but better than nothing

Reactions: Soggy247
Soggy247 said:
After I was about 8 or 9 I didn't have nappies and in my teens wearing them after getting up certainly was not accepted.

LePew said:
Wow, non of your business at all and you know nothing besides generalizations and assumptions. I happen to be ic and in diapers all the time. They get pretty expensive “full time” and I never waste a 1/2 wet or less diaper if I can help it. Nothing smells and as I mentioned initially I was cautious, but now I’m not. Keep your opinions to yourself about details you’re unaware of.

Reactions: ryanbailey
Back