• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Welp, this sucks…

SpaceMan47 said:
I’m not so small I need a youth size, luckily! Has made finding products that much easier! Hard to believe depends was a good brand ever, I think publicity is the main thing that ruined them- I even knew them as a joke before now!

I’ve heard of diaper doubling, has been saving my rear end since yesterday! 😄 That’s a pretty nifty heating pad trick too, sounds like something someone in my town would come up with! 😆
Depends lost their way trying to make all their products slim line and more discrete, It is so sad because it is the go to brand that every newbie tries first. But unless you just have real light leakage they just suck. The vintage Attends from proctor & gamble company was another good one of the day. They was the softest best smelling most comfortable diapers ever made. '

I got another good tip for you. When you get a fresh diaper out of the bag they are smashed in the bag tight. Take it out and fluff it up first you can find videos online how to fluff a adult diaper. It softens them up and loose the materials in them so they wick better. link below shows a great way to do that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Spyder51, Jonnythepony, SpaceMan47 and 1 other person
I am sorry to hear about your injury, @SpaceMan47. As a road cyclist this actually rang a bell in my head, personally. Welcome to the forum and I really hope you will find a product that suits your needs well. Right now I can wholeheartedly suggest products by Northshore and Tena. I am more familiar with Tena products, however. I wet the bed and I have been using their products for many years. Please message back to the forum if you have any questions. There are a lot of helpful members here. I need to read through your intro so I don't miss any important things discussed.

Please have a pleasant day!

• Love
Reactions: SpaceMan47, Jonnythepony, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Welcome, your get alot of good information here and most of the disposable diaper information has been given to you alredy so I dont need to be a parrot. But if you look at my icon youll see that is my “fursona” or identity on a bicycle, im not eligible to drive a vehicle because of vision, so I can put in some great advice for you to return to your love, cycling. I ride between 3000 & 5000 miles a year on various types of bicycles be that my carbon xc bike, gravel, electric, cargo, or road bike, Im not incontient myself but have ridden various distances while diapered, they do say curiosity kills the cat, but i had to do it atleast a few times and can right away say that disposables seem to fall apart under the stress of serious cycling(non upright aero positioning) after about 5-10miles. A decent cloth diaper and lotion is basically the same as a set of roadie lycra shorts that you pee in and can help comfort further than your old underwear with the only downside of being warmer. Now your biggest enemy on the bicycle is moisture control and rashes get a good chammy butter/diaper cream as powder alone wont be enough, you want basically seal off your skin as the repetitive motions and wetness is actually the reasons typically roadies use those shorts not just for padding.

The now this might sound like a joke but maybe you should look into triathlons as it is pretty much normal to pee yourself on purpose during those races, and trust me i see the damage it does to the bikes. Its almost like if your a triathlete that doesnt pee on themselves youd be in the minority. I will say this your mechanic wont like you but as long as your wearing black lycra itd be difficult to tell if you wet yourself and the bike and saddles can handle it just expect more bearing wear in those area directly below the seat. If you think that this is the end of your career it is not and in fact if want to see a unmentioned side of cycling its the peeing while biking as in aero positions itll place pressure on your bladder so having to take a wee isnt fun, depending on the situation in racing say in the tdf if you dont do the mass pee break the rider will try and pee with a buddy holding them or just let it go.

Maybe Ill start my r&d project for the best diaper for bicycling back up, as I have a few comorbities that could lead to incontience if my condition were to ever worsen. Being car-free/bicycle dependent Ive actually put thought into designing a set of cycling shorts that also function as a diaper.

Ill have to reach out but I used to hang out with a ex pro(uci cat 1 in cross and mtb) that was apart of this subculture as well and if shed have any feedback for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceMan47 and BobbiSueEllen
SpaceMan47 said:
Yeah, I have done a bit of research into wearing diapers for leisure, I honestly understand it a bit now! Of course, I haven’t been in public yet, might be a totally different story-
Don't worry about it much. You may find that certain clothes work better for discretion but it is really not that big a deal unless you are the skinny jean wearing type.

Reactions: Diaperman95, SpaceMan47 and BobbiSueEllen
Diaperman95 said:
Depends lost their way trying to make all their products slim line and more discrete, It is so sad because it is the go to brand that every newbie tries first. But unless you just have real light leakage they just suck. The vintage Attends from proctor & gamble company was another good one of the day. They was the softest best smelling most comfortable diapers ever made. '

I got another good tip for you. When you get a fresh diaper out of the bag they are smashed in the bag tight. Take it out and fluff it up first you can find videos online how to fluff a adult diaper. It softens them up and loose the materials in them so they wick better. link below shows a great way to do that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Poor depends, imagine having a main-stream solution available at most big box stores! 😌That would have been great these past couple of days!

I watched a video earlier about the history of incontinence, and it makes me think maybe old-school diapers are something like cartoons you watched as a kid: dragon tales was awesome then, but if you were to watch it now you’d question why you weren’t watching Lost or The Office like a cool kid! 😅

Fluffing diapers, never would have thought it’d make a difference! The benefits are awesome, there’s a very noticeable difference! I will say that it might clump more now because of my active lifestyle…

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, Jonnythepony, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
SpaceMan47 said:
Poor depends, imagine having a main-stream solution available at most big box stores! 😌That would have been great these past couple of days!

I watched a video earlier about the history of incontinence, and it makes me think maybe old-school diapers are something like cartoons you watched as a kid: dragon tales was awesome then, but if you were to watch it now you’d question why you weren’t watching Lost or The Office like a cool kid! 😅

Fluffing diapers, never would have thought it’d make a difference! The benefits are awesome, there’s a very noticeable difference! I will say that it might clump more now because of my active lifestyle…
Yes. Fluffing is very good especially when you know would be lying in bed of stationary. I personally don't fluff if I'm active since I don't want clumping. I fold.my diaper in half lengthwise. I find Northshore products and products by Proctor and Gamble don't do so much clumping. However, you'll need to experiment.

I try out my products while at home before venturing out just so I don't have any embarrassment. Once I see how long I can go with my product I try doing things like walking around the house and my usual standing and sitting activities. Once it passes that a few times without discomfort or leaks I feel confident leaving the house wearing. It takes some adjustment, however it is really not a big deal once you find a brand or product that meets your needs.

Once you find your brand, over time you won't even remember you are wearing anything. I promise you that!

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceMan47, Jonnythepony and BobbiSueEllen
LittleLynx said:
Welcome, your get alot of good information here and most of the disposable diaper information has been given to you alredy so I dont need to be a parrot. But if you look at my icon youll see that is my “fursona” or identity on a bicycle, im not eligible to drive a vehicle because of vision, so I can put in some great advice for you to return to your love, cycling. I ride between 3000 & 5000 miles a year on various types of bicycles be that my carbon xc bike, gravel, electric, cargo, or road bike, Im not incontient myself but have ridden various distances while diapered, they do say curiosity kills the cat, but i had to do it atleast a few times and can right away say that disposables seem to fall apart under the stress of serious cycling(non upright aero positioning) after about 5-10miles. A decent cloth diaper and lotion is basically the same as a set of roadie lycra shorts that you pee in and can help comfort further than your old underwear with the only downside of being warmer. Now your biggest enemy on the bicycle is moisture control and rashes get a good chammy butter/diaper cream as powder alone wont be enough, you want basically seal off your skin as the repetitive motions and wetness is actually the reasons typically roadies use those shorts not just for padding.

The now this might sound like a joke but maybe you should look into triathlons as it is pretty much normal to pee yourself on purpose during those races, and trust me i see the damage it does to the bikes. Its almost like if your a triathlete that doesnt pee on themselves youd be in the minority. I will say this your mechanic wont like you but as long as your wearing black lycra itd be difficult to tell if you wet yourself and the bike and saddles can handle it just expect more bearing wear in those area directly below the seat. If you think that this is the end of your career it is not and in fact if want to see a unmentioned side of cycling its the peeing while biking as in aero positions itll place pressure on your bladder so having to take a wee isnt fun, depending on the situation in racing say in the tdf if you dont do the mass pee break the rider will try and pee with a buddy holding them or just let it go.

Maybe Ill start my r&d project for the best diaper for bicycling back up, as I have a few comorbities that could lead to incontience if my condition were to ever worsen. Being car-free/bicycle dependent Ive actually put thought into designing a set of cycling shorts that also function as a diaper.

Ill have to reach out but I used to hang out with a ex pro(uci cat 1 in cross and mtb) that was apart of this subculture as well and if shed have any feedback for you.
A fellow riding enthusiast, hello! A furry at that- I might be a bit of a furry myself… my GF even made me a fursona. 😅 I'm not really a road biker, and I can't see myself on a road bike (at least not at this point in life), but what kind of carbon XC bike do you have? I've looking to buy a reliable carbon hardtail for a little while now!

I was very worried about them falling apart while riding, I already had the tapes break on one while doing just a short ride up my driveway (I live in the middle of the woods, it's very long and rocky)! Especially with how much movement is required for mountain biking specifically, I can see the core breaking up a ton and shifting uncomfortably while on a jump line, or during a rocky descent! I'd consider getting a few cloth diapers for biking, I ride with groups a lot though, do you think they may be obvious under my thin riding shorts? I would love it if you messaged me if you decide to try to design a set of absorbent cycling shorts; I would totally buy those, and help you with your R&D by doing some crazier stuff to see how they hold up!

Ah, the triathlon... I did one once... got last place... LOL! I don't have to worry about an angry mechanic, I've done all my own maintenance and repairs since I was 12! I can't see this being the end of my career by any means! Tis' but a minor inconvenience to be an incontinent biker; perhaps it'll make stunts and pedaling a bit more uncomfortable, and perhaps I'll have to carry a larger backpack to accommodate a few changes... other than that, everything seems like it'll go just fine!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Jonnythepony
KrankyPants said:
Yes. Fluffing is very good especially when you know would be lying in bed of stationary. I personally don't fluff if I'm active since I don't want clumping. I fold.my diaper in half lengthwise. I find Northshore products and products by Proctor and Gamble don't do so much clumping. However, you'll need to experiment.

I try out my products while at home before venturing out just so I don't have any embarrassment. Once I see how long I can go with my product I try doing things like walking around the house and my usual standing and sitting activities. Once it passes that a few times without discomfort or leaks I feel confident leaving the house wearing. It takes some adjustment, however it is really not a big deal once you find a brand or product that meets your needs.

Once you find your brand, over time you won't even remember you are wearing anything. I promise you that!
Ah smart, I'll remember not to fluff if I know I'm going to be active soon! Proctor and Gamble... aren't they the ones that own like 30% of all the popular brands in the US!?

I'll keep in mind not to test products outside the house, it would suck if I waited till I got a leak to change in public! I hope I get comfortable wearing diapers sooner rather than later, even right now it's so odd and distracting to be sitting here typing with one on.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Jonnythepony
SpaceMan47 said:
I was very worried about them falling apart while riding, I already had the tapes break on one while doing just a short ride up my driveway (I live in the middle of the woods, it's very long and rocky)! Especially with how much movement is required for mountain biking specifically, I can see the core breaking up a ton and shifting uncomfortably while on a jump line, or during a rocky descent!

I think this won't be an issue with MegaMax so much while they're not soaked.

Reactions: SpaceMan47, BobbiSueEllen and Jonnythepony
SpaceMan47 said:

Some brands clump anyway but I been doing it for several years now with mega max and never had a issue. When the diaper is mad and comes off the machine it is fluffed up a lot more. Then they are compressed to take up less space packaging. Also I have been told throwing a few in the dryer for 5 min fluffs them very well but I keep forgetting to try. Best wishes to you tonight

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and SpaceMan47
Diaperman95 said:
Some brands clump anyway but I been doing it for several years now with mega max and never had a issue. When the diaper is mad and comes off the machine it is fluffed up a lot more. Then they are compressed to take up less space packaging. Also I have been told throwing a few in the dryer for 5 min fluffs them very well but I keep forgetting to try. Best wishes to you tonight
I’ll definitely try the dryer method, sounds like it’d work pretty well and also make the diaper warm n’ cozy when I put on! 😅

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Diaperman95
SpaceMan47 said:
I’ll definitely try the dryer method, sounds like it’d work pretty well and also make the diaper warm n’ cozy when I put on! 😅
Might not wanna put any heat on if you try it, don't risk melting a diaper to the inside of your dryer :p
When I tried putting one in a dryer I worried SAP crystals might be left in the dryer after, then the next batch of wet laundry will come out with little gel bits. That didn't happen, but it's still something I figure can happen.

Last edited:
Jonnythepony said:
Might not wanna put any heat on if you try it, don't risk melting a diaper to the inside of your dryer :p
When I tried putting one in a dryer I worried SAP crystals might be left in the dryer after, then the next batch of wet laundry will come out with little gel bits. That didn't happen, but it's still something I figure can happen.
Lots of people have done it. I doubt 5 or 10mins will hurt it. No way they would melt in 5 min. We will see. I have talked about it enough. I am tossing one in the dryer now right now. I might do two so one is pre fluffed for morning. I will let you guys know. how it goes.

Diaperman95 said:
Lots of people have done it. I doubt 5 or 10mins will hurt it. No way they would melt in 5 min. We will see. I have talked about it enough. I am tossing one in the dryer now right now. I might do two so one is pre fluffed for morning. I will let you guys know. how it goes.
Okay the tumble about 5min. I think they could go longer but it worked nice and is very cozy. I for sure will do again.

Jonnythepony said:
O Geeze yeah, I won’t leave it in long!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Diaperman95 said:
Okay the tumble about 5min. I think they could go longer but it worked nice and is very cozy. I for sure will do again.
Field tested diaper and dryer safe- what diapers did you use though? Might vary based on materials.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Welcome to the group, sorry to hear you need to wear at a young age , my diaper of choice is Betterdry as they have proven to be a diaper I
can trust to do its job

Wow! I'm sorry for your circumstances. Can I recommend Tena - they're pretty sturdy and will last a fair while. The higher absorbancy ones are bulky though.

SpaceMan47 said:
Field tested diaper and dryer safe- what diapers did you use though? Might vary based on materials.
NorthShore Meg Max

Dips4lyfe said:
Wow! I'm sorry for your circumstances. Can I recommend Tena - they're pretty sturdy and will last a fair while. The higher absorbancy ones are bulky though.
There’s one I don’t think I’ve heard recommended yet! You already said a bit, but what inclined you to recommend tena? Any particular feature or difference from other briefs in the same price range?

Last edited:
Back