Wearing underwear over diapers?

I used to wear underwear over my diaper to try and hide the bulge and crinkling sound. I quit after seeing the Real World Incontinence video.

The Real World video was interesting but did’t surprises me. It is pretty clear, that in this test scenario a diaper without underwear will hold more, because the inner leak guards are working better if there is some space. How ever - I don’t think that this lab test setup comes really close to a real world scenario. This is probably also the reason why the testers didn’t found a major difference in a ”real world“ test and feel safer with underwear over the diaper.

I think what you can learn from the video is, that the capacity from a diaper is still up to 50% lower in a ”real world“ scenario compared to the lab measured ABL value - but this is something that you will find out pretty fast after the first accident ;-)... So I don’t give that much on this. Over the day I still wear underwear for a couple of reasons:

- I can change easily from a pad to a diaper if needed.
- I can put my T-shirt in the underwear to hide the diaper
- The skin of my inner thighs have not that much contact with the outer plastic layer of the diaper what makes walking much more comfortable.
- small leaks will be absorbed by the underwear and not by the trousers.
- it just looks better and help me to feel not that disable, moreover it will hide my problems better in cloakrooms.

For the nighttime I wear just the diaper but also here not because I think it absorbs more - it’s just one peace less to wash in the case something went wrong...

diaperfooties said:
I have woren underwear over my diapers a few times but I normally just wear the diaper. I know it might sound odd but I feel like wearing underwear over the diaper makes me feel like I am cheating and not really wearing a diaper.
Exactly , thats what i would feel too

In my case: no, how silly! Only vinyl diaper pants for this baby girl. Just like real babies. 👶

Last edited:
Boxer shorts if I have on jeans or sweat pants. if I am with my friend who changes me, I am in what ever he might dress me in. Most of the time when with him it is a onesie. then pants and t-shirt.

My diaper IS my underwear! wearing underwear over a diaper is a waste. A diaper and a diaper cover works well for me.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Somtimes I do wear underwear over my pull ups. When living in a college dorm, stealth is a plus.

Sometimes I wear a pair of slightly oversized briefs or compression shorts over my diaper during the daytime. Going through some of my leftover stuff at my parents’ house, I found some of my old gymnastics competition shirt (singlet?). For those who may not know, these “shirts” are essentially male leotards with high-cut legs that you wear under shorts or pants for gymnastics. They’re like a onesie without crotch snaps.

Instead of letting them go into the “donate” pile, I took them with me. They are a little snug than they used to be, but they make a great outer cover to keep my diaper in place. Being mostly Lycra, they don’t readily absorb moisture the way cotton does. Oh...since it’s one piece without snaps, there’s no way to quickly take it and my diaper off if I wanted to pee “normally.” lol.

Bluecave said:
Somtimes I do wear underwear over my pull ups. When living in a college dorm, stealth is a plus.
Indeed. That was me a couple of years ago.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and DamianTheAngel
Has anyone tried boxer briefs over the garywear diaper cover? I usually put them on over the cover to help with any crinkling noise but I tend to notice earlyish leaks so, is there really any point? Or is just diaper and cover the way to go?

I've worn underwear over diapers to conceal them but I did find my leg holes getting wet all the time so I stopped wearing underwear. I find it is better just not to wear underwear. I have tried wearing diaper covers and it does help but I find it more bothersome. So I wear only the diapers and then my clothes.

Sometimes I just lazy lol, I keep a pack of diapers in the basement workshop, when I get home from work I sometimes will go into that pack to get one on, usually I don't want to take my pants all the way off so I'll just diaper up and then pull my boxers back up and go about my day.

Usually net fixing pants and plastic pants to keep my nappy in place and prevent leaks.

I just ordered a few pairs of SAXX underwear.

I got a few "semi compression" pairs as I like the feeling of my big comfy diaper being held tight in place, rather than a floppy diaper. They arrive tomorrow!

saxx.jpg

These underwear also have a unique feature, a "Ballpark Pouch" which holds your gentlemen in place. I can't help but think there is some subconscious fetish stuff going on as it really resembles a vagina in the below image, the idea is you put your privates in the pouch. This won't matter for me as 70% of the time I have a diaper on.

images.jpg

I am also seeking out underwear with larger waist bands to help hold the top part of the diaper in place, and if necessary I can tuck the top of my diaper underneath the underwear band.

Back