• No and it isn’t a desire

• No and I absolutely never want to

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThatDiaperedGayGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I’m curious as to how many people have openly worn diapers around non abdl friends.
Not if you’ve worn around them secretly, but you wearing it and them actually seeing it or at least knowing about it.

Please share your stories below! I’d love to hear them!

I’ve only done it once and it was quite a few years ago at a sleepover. I was around 14/15. It was a Rearz safari, and we were hanging in their family’s RV outside their house (they got it redone and he was excited about it. It was actually really cool)

I ended up hanging out with him for a while in just a shirt and the Rearz and it was really nice actually. I felt accepted and it showed me that I wouldn’t implode or get struck by lightning when I’m seen in a diaper.

Now to be clear, I told him about my liking of diapers long beforehand and also asked if I could wear it openly around him (consent is critical)

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: soggybottomboy247, TigerDL, TXbw86 and 5 others
I'd never openly wear around anyone i know, but one time in my room I had a friend over and went to sit down on my chair I'm pretty sure he heard the crinkle of my diaper.

When I was living with my friend I had told him about my liking diapers and he was perfectly fine about it. I have worn around him and he never said anything bad about it. Hell he was so cool about it he even bought me a couple cases of diapers once. Was pretty awesome living with him.

Reactions: TigerDL, TXbw86 and Furrytum
my friends know and seem to not care. but i still am not 100% confident on wearing around them.

ThatDiaperedGayGuy said:
I’m curious as to how many people have openly worn diapers around non abdl friends.
Not if you’ve worn around them secretly, but you wearing it and them actually seeing it or at least knowing about it.

Please share your stories below! I’d love to hear them!

I’ve only done it once and it was quite a few years ago at a sleepover. I was around 14/15. It was a Rearz safari, and we were hanging in their family’s RV outside their house (they got it redone and he was excited about it. It was actually really cool)

I ended up hanging out with him for a while in just a shirt and the Rearz and it was really nice actually. I felt accepted and it showed me that I wouldn’t implode or get struck by lightning when I’m seen in a diaper.

Now to be clear, I told him about my liking of diapers long beforehand and also asked if I could wear it openly around him (consent is critical)

Curious how you managed to get a quality ABDL diaper like Rearz at 14/15? I'm impressed... I guess with the internet expanding so much acceptance and accessibility follows suit. You're far more bold than I am, friend. I would never wear in front of friends as a kid or now. But as a teenager? That was a 120% no go for sure!

I've had some run ins where I'm honestly pretty certain friends and family found out about my interest but everyone seems more embarrassed than I do to bring it up. So screw it. I just want to leave it as it is and live my life separated between my DL side and my public side. No need to publicly identify with my padded preferences.

Reactions: legojoker88, TigerDL and TXbw86
I wear diapers and plastic pants openly at home around my wife and daughter all the time, provided the weather is nice. My wife has close girlfriends over and I often wear my diapers openly around them.

Reactions: soggybottomboy247, Softypink, ccase450yfz and 4 others
Yes, but im discreet.

Reactions: Softypink and Tommy10
With another ABDL friend, maybe. With a non-ABDL friend? My last friends who I confided my love of diapers in openly mocked me and made me hide this part of myself for years, no thanks.

• Sad
Reactions: Softypink, littlemoosey and WABX
To give an answer: I like to think some of my friends are accepting of unusual people and things enough to accept me, however it is the truth that the friends I have that are my age do not live local to me so I often don't have the finances to meet up with them as often as some young gangs of mates do.
-
BW

I wore plenty around my roommates in college but didn't do it openly. Maybe sometimes it would be a diaper under just a pair of boxers or boxer-briefs (but I use diaper here loosely, since I almost exclusively wear Goodnites which are designed to be discreet :LOL:), but that was as close as it got. I "came out" as an ABDL to one of my roommates in college and told the other two after we graduated.

I definitely never wet or messed openly though, I don't think my soul would ever be ready for that haha

Last edited:
BigKid25 said:
Curious how you managed to get a quality ABDL diaper like Rearz at 14/15? I'm impressed... I guess with the internet expanding so much acceptance and accessibility follows suit. You're far more bold than I am, friend. I would never wear in front of friends as a kid or now. But as a teenager? That was a 120% no go for sure!

I've had some run ins where I'm honestly pretty certain friends and family found out about my interest but everyone seems more embarrassed than I do to bring it up. So screw it. I just want to leave it as it is and live my life separated between my DL side and my public side. No need to publicly identify with my padded preferences.
I obtained the Rearz using a visa gift card I received as a gift! Boy was I stressed about my parents getting to the package before I did, not that they’re nosy or would open it but I’m sure they would’ve asked me about it.

Reactions: BigKid25
It wasnt a option but ..Yes ive worn underneath clothes around friends but no they dont know. I also have no plans on telling them because its my business not theres.😃

Reactions: Traveller and legojoker88
I’ve thought about wearing around my friends while it is hidden underneath my clothes. I almost wore when I was at convention and rooming with them. Had it in my bag, but never wore them. Guess my nerves got the best of me.

You're missing the vote for the but discreetly without them knowing. I've worn many times in front of friends and family but they never knew I was diapered

Reactions: Amidamaru909, Traveller and Dabsanddiapers
I wear around knowing friends often. When I began 24/7, I knew that I would likely never be back *out* of diapers again, so I might as well clean house and be comfortable. I may have been a bit more obvious than I needed to be (and wound it back where I found it getting inappropriate!) but I think I was trying to flush out people who's first reaction to it was discomfort and weirdness. I had reached a threshold in my life where I no longer wanted half-assed friends. You either love me and don't care about my diapers or stay out of my life, honestly. I wasn't rubbing it in peoples' faces. I just wore around people. Thick, crinkly diapers. I let myself get (a little) smelly. I acted like there was nothing weird about me wearing a diaper and using it -- because there wasn't. I may have sent a few Snapchats -- not of me blatantly exposing my diaper, but with obvious diaper bulge, waistband showing, etc.

I'm no voyeur, I think I felt like (not just because of diapers) I had been pretending and wearing masks my whole life. I was getting tired. I even was in a 5-year relationship I mostly had to wear a mask/tone down my Little side for. I did a lot of substances about it. I decided I'd rather live my truth than spend the rest of my life an emotionally repressed polysubstance addict. I came out sorta publicly and mostly subtly to pretty much everyone around me who wasn't a parent/parental figure/family/family friend and decided to see who would stay because I was just absolutely done being so paranoid about something that was so obviously a huge part of me, so I faced my worst fear: everyone knowing.

Being on the other side of that feels great. I got a surprisingly positive response from people I thought I wouldn't get one out of, and other people ignored it. I took the people who still talked to me, deleted/forgot about everyone else, hung around them diapered with very minimal attempts to hide it (or show it! just treating it like normal underwear!), had my changing bag and didn't try to explain it away, etc. and the people that stayed are still my friends to this day. Not many, but I'll definitely take a couple who know me through and through than dozens of friends who don't even know the real me.

• Love
Reactions: soggybottomboy247, Dinotopian2002, Dabsanddiapers and 2 others
Diaperedlife13 said:
You're missing the vote for the but discreetly without them knowing. I've worn many times in front of friends and family but they never knew I was diapered
Agreed, this is an important but missing middle position!
For me its 24/7 but with zero knowing by friends.
I openly just wear my nappy and plastic pants and a T shirt at home with my very understanding wife/mummy, even going through the day with a dummy in!
My family and my wifes family all know but its understood as my business and with only the occasional but welcome question from them.
It makes for a strange but interesting conversation if they ask anything to do with being AB and DL, tolerant is the word I would use.
With friends NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Reactions: soggybottomboy247
ThatDiaperedGayGuy said:
I obtained the Rearz using a visa gift card I received as a gift! Boy was I stressed about my parents getting to the package before I did, not that they’re nosy or would open it but I’m sure they would’ve asked me about it.

That's the thought I had!

My mom would ask me a lot of questions. She was never completely up in my business but I hated having to come up with a convincing lie and stick with it. Easier to sneak in goodnites.

I have two friends (husband and wife) who know I wear diapers. They don't care if I wear them when I visit, so for my part I respect them by always wearing something over them (pants or shorts) and always asking ahead of time. Even though they say I can wear them anytime, it feel it's courteous to check with them first.

Always had ic issues for one, as well as others, actually never able to take care of it myself - not and have something that actually did any good anyway. HOWEVER none of that ever stopped me from doing anything, and of course all through school no big secrete, so any sleep-over, ex. Well known, so why bother hiding it (or even trying). Then a bit older, sure stuff like camping with just friends - but again ic and other issues known about, as was the fact I would need help. And pretty recently (within the past few years) - while it was just family (on my wife's side), this one was well aware, but had never actually seen it before, ended up (not meaning to, just ended up this way) walking in on us while my wife was in the middle of changing my diaper. (My whole life I had been kind of use to that kind of thing, so didn't bother me at all - he seemed pretty embarrassed though!)

Reactions: soggybottomboy247
I have only ever told one person "hey, I'm wearing a diaper right now" and that was my therapist. They were super cool about it and we used it as a way to normalize feelings and work through shame and humiliation. I'm not in the crowd where I would ever tell friends and family that I was wearing a diaper, but I have worn discreetly around them.

Back