Wearing nappies 24/7 can differently induce incontinence!

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My continence has got worse. I mean from wetting at the slightest urge all time., which I don't notice anymore and I have post void dribble. Don't really notice when I start or finish. And my bladder is way to over sensitive. I feel full when I go I think I'm going to void alot but when I do its a little gush then after dribble.

Have you spoken to your doctor / urologist about your worsening IC?

Reactions: Edgewater
That's exactly why I say "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!"

Reactions: Sillydl, bdale and Edgewater
No way!! Just wearing diapers for extended time will not effect or enhance IC!

But, if you encourage urination, you may just get that effect.

As has been clearly stated above, Be Careful What You Wish For!!

Reactions: Sillydl, artemisenterri and DinoFrant
SparkyDog said:
Have you spoken to your doctor / urologist about your worsening IC?
This is from wearing 24/7 and wetting at the slightest urge.

bobbilly said:
I have found this start to happen, where I have started to loose capacity or dribbling or stress IC after a long diaper session. Idont wear 24/7. Work on redevelopment of ur kegle muscles. Holding ur capacity past the point of sensation of holding, and this can help to redevelopment your capacity.

bobbilly said:

Self-diagnose is not good, and the above statement is the most misleading and unaccurate statement among the ABDL community. You really need to see an urologist to find out the real cause of your continence issues because just wearing diapers and even conditioning to use them "automatically" 24/7 is not a valid diagnose, especially when this can be easily reverted.

We need to be responsible when it comes to health issues as there are many young/new people looking for guidance here on ADISC and it is completely up to us to keep it a safe space.

Stay diapered and stay safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sillydl, diaperbutt09, theancientmariner and 1 other person
bobbilly said:
The brain learns patterns really easily and you essentially trained it to just allow your muscles to let go instead of hold. I almost got to that point previously but luckily I was able to stop it from getting that far. It's not the wearing that gets you, it's the training your brain and body to use them that does. Wearing doesn't do it using them does. But speaking from experience it definitely increases the risk. Your best bet now is practice holding, do strengthening exercises, see your doctor, and hope you didn't weaken your muscles to much.

bobbilly said:
Please please talk to your doctor
wearing diapers doesn't cause you to have worse IC
Diapers don't work like that

Reactions: mistykitty and DinoFrant
bobbilly said:
Yes, I totally agree and can also confirm the effect from my personal experience. I am still surprised that some people are still so adamant about the impossibility of it. Like, of course it is not caused by solely wearing the diaper, the critical part is getting in the habit of using it as soon as you feel the slightest urge. It's a form of diaper training. And in my experience you don't even have to push it to get into that habit, for me it happens kinda automatically and takes a lot of attention to avoid it. The mechanism is also pretty simple, in the beginning you wet as soon as you feel the urge because it's convenient. Over time (weeks to months), it becomes an automatic response and your brain pays less attention to it due to habituation. So far, it's only psychologically. But over time (months to years), your bladder gets smaller and the sphincter weaker (physiological), which in turn reinforces the habit of voiding frequently. Then you have developed an overactive bladder, or even urge incontinence.

Reactions: ogdlv, TigerDL, JamisonFTM and 2 others
diapers4life said:
But over time (months to years), your bladder gets smaller and the sphincter weaker (physiological), which in turn reinforces the habit of voiding frequently. Then you have developed an overactive bladder, or even urge incontinence.
I totally agree. My bladder capacity isn't the same from wearing 24/7. I have the urge and when I do notice - I have to go, right now! But this is a small gush come out, then my bladder feels irritated until the next small gush, in between I'm dribbling. I've learned to wet and walk, my steps are with small dribbles when I walk, when I'm sitting or laying down I can freely go

Last edited:
Much as .I would like to try holding onto my bladder one of three things will happen,the first one is that I get pain in my kidney and end up having to let it go or it just leaks.
Secondly when I get to hold the feeling of the need to empty my bladder will just switch off and all is well until 5 to 10 minutes later when I am having an unstoppable #2
Thirdly if I try hanging on sometimes I will just get so desperate for a #2 that once again nothing will prevent a seriously soiled Nappy and trying to empty my bladder is impossible until after the soiling.
Needless to say I have the bladder capacity of a gnat these days !
Thank goodness for disposable Nappies.☺

Last edited:
Reactions: JamisonFTM
Back