Wearing diapers on a bike ride

ShyBoo81 said:
The omafiets is 🔥🔥🔥🔥.

Tbh any bike with good tires and 3 gear ratios is a bike I can go fast on

• Love
Reactions: ShyBoo81
I maybe should have added that I when I was riding padded, Abenas were all plastic-backed. No idea whether the switch to "cloth-backed" affects comfort in the saddle.

I don´t ride my bike very often, but when I do I prefer cloth-backed diapers or pull-ups for breathability, and apply a lot of barrier cream on my thighs when I change into them to prevent rashes. Diapees feel wonderful all the time, but they feel especially great when riding a bike.

I am not surprised that this topic attracts many fellow Dutchies :D

I am very discreet with my diapers as I really do not want people to know about them, but I would like to try this. Perhaps with sweat pants and a long shirt I could try this with a nice soft Alpaca :)

• Love
ShyBoo81 said:
Kind of a dumb question, but what are your thoughts on wearing a just diaper (with regular shorts/pants over it) instead of bike shorts for cycling? Assuming you dont wet them, would it be a good enough alternative if you need some padding in a pinch but dont want to invest in bike shorts?
I love wearing loose shorts under diapers for bike rides. I will wear a pull up then a tape up. I slit the pull up to let the pee soak through. Wearing a jock strap to hold up the weight of a soaked and sometimes poopy diaper helps a lot. I like taking a ride on a local bike trail then at the end sitting on a dock and wetting myself enjoying the scenery. Sometimes I will poop. Then a wet squishy bike ride home is real fun. The last part is 3 block walk uphill with the bike then the wet and/or poop feels real good between my legs because the bike seat has pushed everything forward. More fun ensues when I get home. All this is of curse very discreet.

• Love
Reactions: Samantha
Selene said:
The omafiets is 🔥🔥🔥🔥.

Tbh any bike with good tires and 3 gear ratios is a bike I can go fast on
If you can go fast on a heavy omafiet, you can blaze it on a lightweight single speed âš¡âš¡âš¡ I used to train myself to go fast on a heavier hybrid bike. Then I got a lighter single speed bike which made it easy to fly super fast down the pavement

Waddler said:
I am not surprised that this topic attracts many fellow Dutchies :D

I am very discreet with my diapers as I really do not want people to know about them, but I would like to try this. Perhaps with sweat pants and a long shirt I could try this with a nice soft Alpaca :)
Hello there fellow guy from the Netherlands! With how common biking is over there, Im sure it will be easy to get away wearing your soft Alpaca

Sidenote: Im glad this thread is attracting fellow Dutchies. I just love the Netherlands because you guys have one of THE BEST bike/city infrastructure in the world IMO

ShyBoo81 said:
IKR! I get they have a purpose for cyclist who are serious about racing. My single speed bike had one of those hard narrow saddles, which I didnt like so I replaced it with something more plush

Hahaha, you have to get the right saddle to match your sit bones. The saddle on my road bike is absolutely tiny but is extremely comfortable for long rides (50kms) when I'm wearing my bib shorts. If the saddle is too narrow or too wide then you don't have pressure in the right place and it hurts.

I just started doing this. I don't wear biking shorts, just regular shorts and a diaper. I recommend something with a little bulk to it. It's nice padding against those hard bike seats!

I have rode a bike with a diaper on a lot of times.

For me and some other I know, It makes it more comfortable to ride with.

Only time I have worn a diaper and It has hurt while riding was when I had a small seat on the bike, But that was mainly just the seat that made it hurt a little. So I purchased a bigger and more puffy seat.

Reactions: ShyBoo81, BeTrue and Selene
Whenever I ride I bike, I generally go with a nappy under my tights.

There is the slight drawback of the nappy sometimes getting wedged up your bottom, but overall I think it feels preferable in just about every way so far as comfort is concerned than just sitting on a bike seat.

Lori.

Reactions: Diaperon, ShyBoo81, BeTrue and 2 others
Just love wearing a nice thick disposable on my bike as the saddle is a killer unless I am well padded, and yes that is yet another "tick" in the box for Nappies 😊

T1DKiwi said:
Hahaha, you have to get the right saddle to match your sit bones. The saddle on my road bike is absolutely tiny but is extremely comfortable for long rides (50kms) when I'm wearing my bib shorts. If the saddle is too narrow or too wide then you don't have pressure in the right place and it hurts.
Yea true. The orginal race saddle that came with my bike actually did fit my sit bones perfectly, and I managed to ride on it for a week ok. But being the little that I am, I ended up changing it to a normal saddle (one thats a moderate width and more plush) cause I want something gentle on my delicate bits down there lol 🤤

ShyBoo81 said:
Kind of a dumb question, but what are your thoughts on wearing a just diaper (with regular shorts/pants over it) instead of bike shorts for cycling? Assuming you dont wet them, would it be a good enough alternative if you need some padding in a pinch but dont want to invest in bike shorts?
Done it, it works just. Have cycled past people in just nappies and plastic pants and they did not notice, would not do it in a built up area though.

JoeRelax said:
I tried that a couple of times, diaper would be destroyed just after a couple of miles.
How did it rip up? Was your bike ride super intense? 😲

This is something I have a lot of experience with:
Best case scenario youre wearing a thinish diaper with dense SAP. My go to diaper for a ride is northshore Supreme. Attends Overnight pullup does the job too on shorter rides.
Too thick and it will mess with your saddle height / leg extension. If it gets too clumpy when wet (like a betterdry or even megamax) it will get mashed to oblivion, especially off-road riding.
Unpadded cycling shorts or compression shorts are great to keep things from drooping or snagging and tearing on the nose of the bike seat.
The concetrated pressure of the bike seat doesn't let the diapers last too long so it's a good idea to bring a change (and a lock to secure your bike while you're taking care of business) with you on rides lasting longer that two hours. I use a rack and pannier bags.

Reactions: ShyBoo81, DinoFrant and BeTrue
I don't know about riding bikes; but I do know a thing or two about riding lawn mowers. 😂

Let me say this: Don't do it!

I tried maybe twice back when I had the Rearz Princess Pinks. Not only did they sticked to my butt and back side; but the sweat and humidity certainly didn't help.

Not to mention, running through those cracks in the ground or steep hills and holes? Not a comfortable feeling also. 😂

I mean, different strokes for different folks obviously; but in my expereince? Mowing while diapered? Not a good idea.

Last edited:
  • Haha
GoodniteLover219 said:
I don't know about riding bikes; but I do know a thing or two about riding lawn mowers. 😂

Let me say this: Don't do it!

I tried maybe twice back when I had the Rearz Princess Pinks. Not only did they sticked to my butt and back side; but the sweat and humidity certainly didn't help.

Not to mention, running through those cracks in the ground or steep hills and holes? Not a comfortable feeling also. 😂

I mean, different strokes for different folks obviously; but in my expereince? Mowing while diapered? Not a good idea.
Didnt know those drivable lawn mowers can get pretty intense when driving them lol :ROFLMAO: Wearing disposable plastic diapers like the princess pinks is definately not a good idea for any intense sport because lack of ventillation 🥵

Reactions: GoodniteLover219
Just went on an intense mountain bike ride for the first time ever. Usually I stand up while pedaling. Whenever I hit an unexpected harsh bump, the saddle would slam right against my crotch, ouchies! Wish I wore a diaper for protection, it would have helped cushion the blow 😭😭

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: BeTrue and GoodniteLover219
Back