Water outage today in my neighborhood.

Tundra1975

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
When I went into the bathroom to change out of my wet and messy diaper, I found out the water is out in my neighborhood. I had to clean up with baby wipes like I do when I mess my diaper away from home. I guess it is good to stay in practice by changing without a shower available.

• Sad
Reactions: Zeke, Edgewater, Dry247 and 1 other person
Oh man, that sucks!, but you have it mastered with the baby wipes.

Reactions: Edgewater
I had woken up to no hot water one morning in a similar circumstance. But no water at all definitely trumps that!

The water pipes had frozen up at my cabin a few years back and I got to find out what changing was like using only wipes. It wasn’t quite as bad for me as I knew about the pipes before I went up there. I was up there a couple times after that getting personal items out before I put it up for sale and I bummed a shower at a friend’s place which was better than going without. It certainly did make me appreciate my shower at home with the hand held shower head and the 100” hose though!

Last edited:
Reactions: slimjiminy and Edgewater
I had something like that happen a few times, went to go shower and water was brown, so did the same baby wipes , powder to smell better and cleaned up

• Sad
With great luck, I have missed out on that issue, city water has been fairly reliable here.
Cleaning while traveling is more hit and miss and having the diaper bag has been a life saver! Also, keep adult size wipes in that bag.

I am guessing there was a water main break??

That happened to me once, I had a messy accident as soon as I got out of my vehicle and didn’t make it up the stairs to my apartment in time. I don’t use wipes because I have a hand held shower and I learned the water was shut off for some kind of maintenance. I was in panic mode! Thankfully the water was turned back on 30 minutes later, but the only place I could sit was in the tub until it came on. I always clean up immediately after an accident, but to have to stay in it for that long was pure torture.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: slimjiminy and AttilaThePun
Back