Warwick Castle

Sissyleslie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Today's news that Ernie the owl is being retired from flying displays at Warwick Castle reminded me of my trip there last year.

As part of my 60th birthday present, my sister paid for a weekend trip by coach. It was to Warwick Castle on the Saturday, then after an overnight stay in a hotel on the outskirts of Birmingham, go to the airshow at RAF Cosford. (Returning home the same day).

It was a hot, sunny day...
20230610_132539.jpg
In June...
20230610_143302.jpg
By the beautiful River Avon...
20230610_135448.jpg
With a gateway to the past..20230610_124258.jpg
OK! enough of the daydreaming! As I said, it was a hot sunny day. Unfortunately, I was in jeans and shoes. (I hadn't had enough time to get somenew, thin cotton trousers or trainers).

At one point, I decided that I go up to the battlements. It turned out to be a mistake - climbing up a lot of stone steps on a hot summer day wasn't such a good idea, and I am not good with heights. So I hastily abandoned that idea.

I did enjoy the live show by the river as it featured this huge catapult called a trebuchet..
20230610_133659.jpg
Although it was fired, due to Health and Safety issues it was not loaded with anything.

When it came to leave, I couldn't find the coach! Fortunately, a female member of staff was able to point me in the right direction. I enjoyed my trip and would like to return and explore the town itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreeLad, Hockeyczar and NappyCouple1980
I've been there, it's a great day out

Reactions: Sissyleslie
TreeLad said:
I've been there, it's a great day out
Agreed. I really enjoyed my trip.

Reactions: TreeLad
Back