Warmer weather coming, do you change your style of diapers?

I'm still new to wearing diapers and I'm fortunate enough to wear them because I want to.

I live by myself and own my home with air conditioning in the northeastern US.

I prefer plastic backed diapers but if they prove to be too uncomfortable when I go outside in hot weather, I might try switching from NorthShore MegaMax or regular Supremes to the clothlike backed AirSupremes, or possibly changing more often and trying the Supreme Lites.

I'm still trying out different brands and styles, so I might find another diaper I might like better for wearing outside in hot weather.

Gauze contour diapers are my primary with Abena M-4s being my alternate for days when I’m away from home for a long time. During the summer I will sometimes switch to snapon plastic pants which allow more air circulation than the pullon pants that I usually wear. Sweating because of my diaper hasn’t been a major problem to date but I could see how it could be with activity that requires physical exertion. Since I don’t have anything that has to done I can schedule whatever I want to do for cooler time of day or cooler weather.

I wear the same diapers year round. During the summer and warmer months my fiance will change my daytime diaper more often. She uses more desitine and baby powder during warmer weather.

pampers47 said:
I wear the same diapers year round. During the summer and warmer months my fiance will change my daytime diaper more often. She uses more desitine and baby powder during warmer weather.
See the thing is I'm trying to save a little bit of money, I can easily wear a more expensive premium diaper during the day, but since I'm changing more, I'm wasting it. I've had preschools before and I think these will fit the match I'm looking for, basically when it gets warm out I want to change every 3-4hrs if I'm wearing & sweating.
FYI, my abu order I made yesterday morning will be at my doorstep my 2pm today, so more or less 30hrs later, the xpmedical order of seni's, all I got was an invoice confirmation, no tracking info or anything so who knows when they'll be here.

Reactions: pampers47
I wear the same diapers every season
Cloth with plastic pants.Here in Greece we are used in hot springs and hot summers so i have managed not sweating alot so much using less cream and lotions .

I've been wearing a mix of crinklz and ns supreme lites to work this winter, but I know how crinklz don't breathe so well in the summer, and will probably be switched back to just supreme lites in the summer.

Got the preschools and already put one on, this is exactly what I was looking for, I went with size large since I'm in-between and the fit is snug with a high rise, folder the front waist band so it sits just below my belly button, the seat of the diaper puffy but the leak guards are snug to my lower rear.
I also got the email from xp, the seni's will be here on Thursday which is great since I'll be home and the weather is calling for rain.

Reactions: pampers47 and RedPandaDL
Yeah, I sleep so hot as it is, I have too. I still use Goodnites, but with them being plastic with a cloth cover they get hot. This time of year, as it's also slimming down season, back into Luvs

I still wear cloth diapers and plastic pants at night during the warm weather. But if it gets real hot or warm during the daytime, I will wear a seni disposable or maybe a goodnites pull-up during the day if I am able to change more often. I also use more powder during warm weather.

Last edited:
I wear cloth prefolds and plastic pants regardless of the time of the year. The only change I make is from long pants to shorts during the warmer weather when we go out, and no pants over my diapers and plastic pants when at home.

pampers4U said:
See the thing is I'm trying to save a little bit of money, I can easily wear a more expensive premium diaper during the day, but since I'm changing more, I'm wasting it. I've had preschools before and I think these will fit the match I'm looking for, basically when it gets warm out I want to change every 3-4hrs if I'm wearing & sweating.
FYI, my abu order I made yesterday morning will be at my doorstep my 2pm today, so more or less 30hrs later, the xpmedical order of seni's, all I got was an invoice confirmation, no tracking info or anything so who knows when they'll be here.
pampers4U said:
I can see where you want to save money. I wear tranquility diapers. The Atn during the night, and the slimline during the daytime. The slimline run about 56.00 per case of 96 diapers.

BabyDenise said:
No, I wear the same diapers year round. I change what I wear over my diaper and the times that I wear but not the type of diaper. I wear plastic-backed diapers.
Same for me

IMO as I wear for fun, convenience and comfort, there's no point in wearing a nappy if it's uncomfortable. As the weather warms up, my first step is to stop wearing plastic pants. I like the insurance they give against the very occasional unforeseeable leak like the pinholes, and they help reduce messy smells, but they are not essential.

Next step is to switch to hybrids. I was quite pleased with iD hybrids at one time until they started showing up with pinholes, and Tena Slip Original hybrids were my first go-to. I need to review 2021's offerings for some new ideas. After months of steady use of a Betterdry or similar inside plastic pants, wearing a hybrid feels very risky at first. In reality, so long as the nappies themselves are intact, because I never push the boundaries of performance, they do the job without incident. Squatting down for a big poo in a hybrid also feels reckless, almost like doing it in ordinary underwear. Despite the limited space in the back and scant protection against messy leaks, if I don't do anything silly like sitting in it, the hybrids do just about work out OK for that as well

The final stage is to stop wearing nappies at all during the day in peak summer, and just wear a hybrid at night. If it's convenient I will also put a nappy on to do a poo and change back into ordinary underwear afterwards. That works quite well as compensation for not being padded throughout the day.

• Love
Reactions: 49beachdipe
In warm weather when I'm not going anywhere I'll often wear a cheap drug store diaper with a baby diaper or child pullup as a stuffer, then swap out the stuffer as needed. This is a lot more cost effective than using adult diapers in most cases. Also I like the style of wearing only a diaper and t-shirt, though admittedly I like the winter style of heavy sleepers better.

If I need to go outside, like to play with the dog in the back yard, all I have to do is slip on some dark-colored basketball shorts. These are my favorite summer pants since they're baggy enough to obscure the outline of a diaper and they hide leaks pretty well since they normally look shiny and almost wet.

If I'm going somewhere I'll wear a more reliable medium-capacity diaper and PUL pants under basketball or cargo shorts.

Reactions: 49beachdipe and chamberpot
Rearzlover said:
Summer sucks for me. I have a lawn business and work alone. That’s my busy time. I’ll usually wear a diaper in the mornings when I first leave the house. I usually wet a few times in the morning after a cup of coffee and a bottle of water. After it starts to warm up, usually after a couple of yards, it’s time to get in the truck and pull the tabs on that diaper. Yes commando for the rest of the day. I’m pretty good at sneaking a pee between the doors of the truck. My diaper makes it nice when I’m in neighborhoods where you have no place to go. Otherwise it’s load everything up and drive to a gas station or convenience store to find a bathroom. That’s a pain.
On my winter schedule I wear all the time, and it’s great. When it’s cold or rainy. No fun sitting on a wet mower seat without a diaper in the winter 🥶
Almost the same scenario, when I'm doing my Florida yard work. That first diaper takes care of the morning coffee while in areas where it's difficult to impossible to take care of business with a small bladder. But after that and it starts to warm up, the diaper comes off...

Reactions: 49beachdipe
Back