Wanting a little big kid bed

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Thinking about buying a twin size bed and mattress and putting guard rails on it. Then going to get a cute kids bed spread. I'm also going to have a mattress protector on it, which every little bedwetter must have.

Reactions: PiporApomme and Halibut
What characters would you have on your matress?

Halibut said:
What characters would you have on your matress?
Good question I'd have to look at what Walmart has might have to get the girl bed spread even though I'm a little boy.

Last edited:
Sounds super fun. My dream is to be able to have a bed like that too. Fun cartoon characters and an audible crinkle when you sit or lay on it to let you know a bedwetter sleeps there.

Babybear2006 said:
Thinking about buying a twin size bed and mattress and putting guard rails on it. Then going to get a cute kids bed spread. I'm also going to have a mattress protector on it, which every little bedwetter must have.
That’s pretty much what I have but I had to go without a cloth mattress protector so I don’t get the crinkle factor…. Being in Florida the plastic protector just makes the mattress too hot. 🙁

tdlrfootedpjs said:
That’s pretty much what I have but I had to go without a cloth mattress protector so I don’t get the crinkle factor…. Being in Florida the plastic protector just makes the mattress too hot. 🙁
I know that feeling well, I'm in Texas but I have a window unit in the bed room

Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs
Babybear2006 said:
I know that feeling well, I'm in Texas but I have a window unit in the bed room
You’re in the same boat with the heat. Right now we only have the central air.

And we have a crazy cat so we have to close the door at night if she will just come in and wake you. So it gets too hot in the room because the thermostat is in the common area.

Going to talk to the hvac guy to see if they can add a additional thermostat in one of he rooms to improve it but haven’t gotten to it yet.

I got a race car bed … 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
tdlrfootedpjs said:
You’re in the same boat with the heat. Right now we only have the central air.

And we have a crazy cat so we have to close the door at night if she will just come in and wake you. So it gets too hot in the room because the thermostat is in the common area.

Going to talk to the hvac guy to see if they can add a additional thermostat in one of he rooms to improve it but haven’t gotten to it yet.

I got a race car bed … 🙂🙂🙂
I had central air until it went out 2 years ago and going to cost 1300 to replace. I've only got a dog inside that sleeps on the couch but I have a baby gate to keep him out of the hallway.

Last edited:
I want to do something similar. My current bed has kiddie covers and stuff and a protector but I can't really do what I want because I'm not alone where I live. I would prefer something similar to what you described above with like a paw patrol or another younger print on it.

One of the most fun and little things you can do for yourself. 😊🧸
20230813_041000.jpg

• Love
Reactions: jamie72, DragonRider112, spaceboyo and 6 others
LittleAndAlone said:
View attachment 125763
See that I would love, that is exactly an example of what I wish i had

Babybear2006 said:
Did every single thing you mentioned, and elevated it so my dog can have a den underneath 🤓. Words of advice: Walmart sheets are easy to come by and cheap, but the quality is poor. Pottery Barn Kids has all kinds of character sheets in 100% cotton, and worth every penny! Quality is unbeatable, and they're super comfy. I have Star Wars on right now!

Reactions: Babybear2006
I have a normal queen-size bed, but have a variety of kids standard pillowcases and twin or full comforters that I put on and cycle through.
You can definitely get away with having a double/full size kids comforter fit on a queen-size bed. Even a twin won't be the end of the world - if you like to just wrap yourself in blankets it won't really end up mattering that much lol
If you're sharing the bed with another person, you may also opt to have 2 comforters for each person in case one person is a blanket hog.

I also have a mattress protector, I think it's a combination of cloth and plastic? Not sure. I got it with the mattress partially for protecting the warranty, but also because it provides peace of mind if I ever have a leak.

Most of my kids pillowcases and comforters are from Walmart, Amazon or eBay, with a few exceptions.

If you want to dip your toes in the water, perhaps start by getting a comforter and pillow cases and speak to your little side and go from there?

Reactions: Babybear2006 and mistykitty
LittleAndAlone said:
View attachment 125763

I really, really love your bedroom
If I ever moveout I'd want things to look a lot like that. but with my own plushies of course ^w^

do you ever have little friends over to play with you?

Reactions: mistykitty
Reminded me of http://craziestgadgets.com/2012/08/09/incredibeds-giant-animal-kids-beds/

Sadly they seem to be unavailable since many years now, and I had discovered about them much too late but alas probably for the best

Not sure if there's anything else that is like that still available now
af3fcf554ac4e55bca48a75b47c47543-1552195489.jpg71f30c6f04ecf3d41cc96dfc461e73a1-2492279710.jpgIncredibeds-Teddy-Bear-Bed-Cover-Twin-Beige-881406925.jpgb21dd1ea5a48f985_B-B2001-2-2586295105.jpg9ac00cf828670785264cdcb40a7089d0--cool-beds-awesome-beds-1846667025.jpg451b6324246b36ab490c50a89f35cd18-3884399187.jpg

identical bed to mine

Attachments

• 77279ae0b1f26c629e4a53cfea68f8c7.jpg
    77279ae0b1f26c629e4a53cfea68f8c7.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 2
PlastiBrain said:
Reminded me of http://craziestgadgets.com/2012/08/09/incredibeds-giant-animal-kids-beds/

Sadly they seem to be unavailable since many years now, and I had discovered about them much too late but alas probably for the best

Not sure if there's anything else that is like that still available now
View attachment 125920View attachment 125921View attachment 125922View attachment 125923View attachment 125924View attachment 125925
Why are these no longer available? I love these these are super cute and so adorable :love: Did they really stop making them? I totally would buy one!

Reactions: PlastiBrain
Something I was envious of as a kid was a racecar bed. I don't know if I need a racecar bed but I like the idea for kiddie bed sheets.

Reactions: PlastiBrain and tdlrfootedpjs
denimchicken said:
Something I was envious of as a kid was a racecar bed. I don't know if I need a racecar bed but I like the idea for kiddie bed sheets.
I was the same as a child, my Christmas list every year had a race car bed on it. I was finally able to get myself one when I moved out on my own and loved it ever sense.

Reactions: BlueDude and denimchicken
Back