Vintage Diapers vs modern ABDL diapers

BobbiSueEllen said:
They felt so, so incredibly cushy-cuddly soft, pliable right out of the bag, smelled wonderful...and crinkled. Plus they looked and fit exactly like Pampers when I wore them.
These facts alone make me want to wear vintage Attends!!! Even though I am a pleated Pampers diapers kind of guy, since vintage Attends are "secretly" adult P&G Pampers, I could really get used to diaper play in vintage Attends (if I set my mind to it).

(Looking at photo below) "Bring these back! I want 'em really bad!!" :cry:

Attends vintage2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, Subtlerustle and BobbiSueEllen
Bring back the old Pampers wingfold style only in modern absorbency.
I'd wear them over any modern adult diaper made.

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers
lonnie said:
Just buy a thick and ultra absorbent chux bed mat and put a pair of sticky tabs on it. You might also consider throwing in latex fibers for the elastic leg gathers if you don't want encounter nasty leaks.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Vintage diapers and ABDL ones...
In the 70's, I was small enough to use the "green" Pampers (or any toddler size brand). I was trying to find the bigger possible ones.
In the early 80's, being a teen, I grew very fast and tried to find something more in my size. Baby diapers were still full white, with a lot of inovation (elastics, leaks guards, ...) but adult one were total crap. Incredible how bad it was for adults.
And suddenly, (I live in Europe), the Slipad (from Peaudouce) appeared... Finally the Holy Grail! Same than baby ones with all baby inovation but 4 tapes (near the only difference)... Waow... Of course no SAP at that time and the bags were huge. It was the first real adult diaper that worked like a baby diaper. But this business being difficult, Slipad was sold to another company and they created the Tena Brand out of it.

One day (still in the 80's), I saw in a newspaper an article about new "thin" adults diapers created by P&G! It was when SAP was introduced in attends! I asked for "free sample" and tried it. I was fascinated by the SAP but the snug was not as good as the Slipad. The look and feel of these ones was very close to baby diapers.
Once more, this business being difficult, the Attends were sold by P&G and it disapeared from the european market (at least it was not visible anymore).

Early 90's SCA that own the Tena Brand added also the SAP in the adult diapers and they become the most efficient, most secure... Well, if you try to find discussions in the 90's up to Y2000, this was THE brand with the best rating.

The only difference with baby diapers was only waistband prints...

Then, just before the end of 20th century, clothlike baby diapers changed the game. It took a few years for the adult market to also adopt this new material. And the ABDL diapers started... The feel of the first Slipad (heavy, plastic, noisy) came back but with SAP inside, absorbing crazy amounts of liquid. And it moved to what we have today, near everything and sometimes even better than baby ones!

Funny to see that the diaper business for adults started from an excellent engineering team (peaudouce was probably the most inovative company at that time) of baby products, was often a bit behind the baby inovation and finally a small group of "unusual" people started to build "perfect" adult diapers. I'm sure that ABDL is now influencing the quality of the adult diaper industry and who knows, maybe also inspire the baby diaper industry with our "art"!

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
TabaCrate said:
Same than baby ones with all baby inovation but 4 tapes (near the only difference)
They were essentially adult-sized versions of Peaudouce Babyslips without the birdy frontal landing strip. There was also a Peaudouce Junior brief specifically designed for young teens unavailable in Greece but largely present in France and certain EU countries (including the UK), hence the reason for which I immediately switched to adult diapers when I was 14 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TabaCrate and BobbiSueEllen
lonnie said:
Heck, if they even brought back old Pampers pleated diapers for adults, but made sure to include the "fantastic plastic" (i.e., the diamond-embossed plastic) then I wouldn't care if they featured modern absorbency or not (since I'm not into wetting). I would buy them in a heartbeat!

But....
I know they NEVER will, so I just make my own out of real baby-sized Toddler Pampers 😄

*see this link: https://www.adisc.org/forum/posts/2043043/

• Love
Reactions: Jbo and Deleted member 56273
Softypink said:
Just wondering what are the highlights of vintage diapers compared to modern ABDL Diapers. I think modern diapers are always going to be better as they have improved over time. I know vintage will be nostalgic for some of you but I prefer modern diapers because they look better in terms of colour, prints and they feel a lot better in terms of that smooth plastic feeling. They are extremely comfortable and hold a lot of pee. Be great to hear about any pros to vintage diapers because I just cant feel any appeal. I always look to explore new things.
I am in cloth nappies day and night with plastic pants over the top of it
It is thicker at night by padding it with washable adult nappy liners, its as good as a disposable as far as keeping my bed dry at night and I am a heavy wetter, so cloth and plastics will always be my favourite, however if I am out for the night, then I will use a disposable with plastic pants and this also saves me the embarrassment of wetting the bed.

I have been in day nappies for a while now as I kept wetting myself on the way to the loo, so its easier to just stay in nappies for ,me.

I have a new friend who is happy to baby me and change my nappy, she likes the control over me I think, though I don't mind, what I have noticed though, everytime, well nearly every time she changes my nappy I am getting an erection, I mean this happened years ago, though at my age I don't expect this to be happening ..
She thinks it for her, I say yeah, of course it is, though I am wondering why it keeps happening .... my wife and late partner changed my nappy for years, and yeah at times this would happen, when I was much younger, still anyway, I suppose I should not complain ...

My new friend has a best, best friend she says that would love to see a grown ,man in nappies, I am hesitant about it, though then again I am always hesittant in the beginning ..

I'll see what happens

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
70sPampers said:
Heck, if they even brought back old Pampers pleated diapers for adults, but made sure to include the "fantastic plastic" (i.e., the diamond-embossed plastic) then I wouldn't care if they featured modern absorbency or not (since I'm not into wetting). I would buy them in a heartbeat!

But....
I know they NEVER will, so I just make my own out of real baby-sized Toddler Pampers 😄

*see this link: https://www.adisc.org/forum/posts/2043043/
Even with modern absorbency old-school fanfolds will not work well with heavy and severe incontinence; therefore expect nasty leaks to occur despite the stay-dry elastics. Definitely I would stick to the fitted hourglass form, which is a far better design.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Even with modern absorbency old-school fanfolds will not work well with heavy and severe incontinence; therefore expect nasty leaks to occur despite the stay-dry elastics. Definitely I would stick to the fitted hourglass form, which is a far better design.
Just gimme some vintage Attends and I will be set! 😄

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
70sPampers said:
Just gimme some vintage Attends and I will be set! 😄
I do not collect old stuff.

In reality my first adult diaper was a Slipad from the Caducée era since I was fascinated for the Peaudouce Babyslips' TV commercials and printed ads which aired in France and the Benelux in the early 1980s. I opted for Attends because of my addiction to both Pampers and Luvs.

Last edited by a moderator:
BabyTweetyBird said:
I do not collect old stuff.
Chill out homie! I'm just kidding! I wasn't asking you personally for vintage Attends. I know you don't collect those vintage oldies like I do. I was just making a general statement into the air to express my desire for something more arousing than what is available on the modern diaper market today.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
Back