Using adult-pacifiers in public and in your shared house

Pacifyingmyautism

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
This may be an odd headline as I don;’t use adult pacifiers outside of my house and not around my house. I did before on very few occasions use a pacifier around the house going back over 5 years ago when first started using adult pacifiers but it was something to get used to. I’m autistic and I grind my teeth and am a loud teeth grinder during the day. It’s an oral stim that I’ve done for most of my life often and my sister and mother have at times find the teeth grinding too loud and it has chipped away at teeth. I’m envious of anyone who has the confidence to suck on a pacifier in public or in an age-regression or stimming sensory way use a in public. I know I want to overcome this barrier of lack of confidence and want to hear other peoples experiences. Appreciate what have to say.

Reactions: medfet878, longallsboy and Diaperboy27
There are certain places in public that I use my pacifier. One is the coffee shack I go to. They are cool with it and love it. Another are a couple of my doctor’s offices. They are aware and I’m free to use it. The other main place is my therapists office. Sometimes I even have my bottle. She said it’s a safe place for me to use it since I can’t at home.

Reactions: medfet878 and Diaperboy27
Personally I keep my paci a secret from everyone that I know, so you definitely won't find me in any public spaces or common areas of my shared living space with a paci. I've been tempted tho when no one is home...

Reactions: medfet878
I love to have my rubber dummy in my mouth when driving on the high way :cool:

A common thing in the ABDL community during the pandemic was to cover it with a face mask, but I never tried it myself.

I've used my pacifier in public many times, and no one said a word to me about it.

I'm suspected of being autistic and or having Asperger's just need a formal diagnosis.

Some folks on the spectrum use a pacifier for stimming.

I've found that using a pacifier help with destressing and help me with my anxiety flare up's.

My primary care doctor made a good point when talking about mine. I told her during one of my appointments that I use one in private and that I was too nervous to use it in public. She said that everyone has their own quirks, or skeletons in their closets, that mine was just more visible than everyone else’s. She said I could feel free to use mine anytime I come to the office. So from that day on, whenever I have an appointment, my pacifier is in. Nobody in the office has ever said anything. The nurse pointed out that it seemed to lower my blood pressure.

Last week when I was getting a drink at my favorite coffee shack, the girl said “I put extra whip cream and sprinkles for the baby.” If I don’t have my pacifier, they will usually ask where it’s at.

Reactions: Pacifyingmyautism and medfet878
I never use a paci outside when another people around, so I'm mostly limited to indoor use. And who does it outdoor around others, so is giving to ABDL club the worst service...

Last edited:
Back