Update from pad question and looking for info.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So about a month ago now I posted in here because about 18 months ago I began noticing the occasional wet patches in my pants at work and over the last 6 months or so have been noticing it more often. In the last post I asked for advice on pads since I had never used them and was planning to try wearing them for a month to track how many times leaks occurred and get a rough measure of how much there was.

At the time I figured a month would be a sensible time frame because the amount I had been noticing it I thought it was maybe happening 4-6 days a month with only maybe 10ml at most coming out, which is what I told the Dr when he asked. Well it seems I was quite wrong about that, the pads have been wet closer to 3-5 days a week with an average weight around 40g-60g higher than dry weight after about 10 hours with a couple days higher than that.

So I have an appointment to chat to the Dr coming up on Monday to update him and show the tracking data I have recorded and will see what he says.

In the meantime I do have another question or two...
I decided on using the pads because coming into this from the DL side of it I figured knowing that the pads only hold tiny amounts and also don't feel anything like a diaper I wouldn't have any desire or capability to just use them rather than a toilet which would skew any data collection. I was right about this however I also found that the pads were quite uncomfortable and while they are a bit more compatible and easy to manage at work they are still (like diapers) not really suitable or easy to keep hidden from colleagues at my job.

This is a slight issue because, now knowing how much it is actually happening it would possibly explain a lot of the new skin problems I've been having down there the last couple years (if my pants are getting wet that often and drying without me knowing) So I was looking around for options to manage it and discovered sheath/condom catheters.

I bought a set from amazon with a leg bag to try out and found it to be much more suitable for working, I can still use the toilet when needed and just empty/measure if anything does collect in the bag, it's much less irritating down there, I don't have to worry about "wet diaper scents" or changing and discarding used pads without anyone seeing/asking questions and with it not feeling like a diaper I don't get the "screw it I'll just go in the diaper and change later" thoughts (I'm using the smallest bag so I know it won't actually hold a full wee either).

My big question is does anyone have experience of using these long term? any issues I might need to be aware of or problems with them? any skin problems? For quite a while now I have been using an anti itch cream (eurax) daily as well as moisturiser and other skin care products for regular skin issues (even when not wearing any diapers for a while) but have only felt the need to use that a couple times in the last week or so since using the sheaths.

Also I ended up going to a supplier website (for Ugo Fix) that said you could order samples and they would set up a call back with a urology/continence nurse to help find the most suitable products. I got he call and she went through some things and worked out which size I needed and sent out some sample sheaths + prep wipes and tape (which fit better than the ones I tried which were definitely too big), but she mentioned about a prescription service they do with Vyne, in which when it's time to order more they get the prescription from the GP and then send the products out.

I'll be talking with the GP on Monday about this but currently wondering if anyone (especially in the UK) has any experience of services like this, how they work etc. I know they are usually a prescription item though there are places that just sell the sheaths. Is the GP likely to accept the use of these especially given the possible improvement in skin condition or are they more inclined to suggest other means of managing it?

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Edgewater
I am not into wearing this kind of product. Just my preference.

Please do not undersize the storage bag, because you will find that you will fill it and need to drain it while being out and about. Or, a fitting will fail, so assure you keep a spare set of components with you, especially when you are out and about.

I have no experience with this product group, nor the suppliers.

Edgewater said:
I am not into wearing this kind of product. Just my preference.
Neither am I really, that's kinda the point for me. It's a separation from the DL side, if I'm wearing a nappy I'm probably going to get lazy and just use it, pads help there since I know they wont hold much, but the sheaths are better still since I don't feel like I'm padded and able to just go and they don't have the "comforting" feeling that nappies do for me. They are more like serious business where nappies are pleasurable.

Edgewater said:
Please do not undersize the storage bag, because you will find that you will fill it and need to drain it while being out and about. Or, a fitting will fail, so assure you keep a spare set of components with you, especially when you are out and about.
The bag is still pretty decent size (like 350ml) I have yet to have leaks that reach that volume even combined after 10-12 hours, if things get worse then I would get bigger bags.

As for fitting failures I did have that with the first few I bought, wasn't sure about measurements and went with a 36mm and they came unstuck quite easy so I was carrying and using spares (as I would with pads or nappies), the nurse I spoke with decided on a 28mm to try with prep wipes and foam tape (that are supposed to help hold it) and I have not had problems with those yet, still carrying spares though in case but they are much smaller and easier to carry and dispose of.

• Love
Reactions: Constantlydamp and Edgewater
Belarin said:
So about a month ago now I posted in here because about 18 months ago I began noticing the occasional wet patches in my pants at work and over the last 6 months or so have been noticing it more often. In the last post I asked for advice on pads since I had never used them and was planning to try wearing them for a month to track how many times leaks occurred and get a rough measure of how much there was.

At the time I figured a month would be a sensible time frame because the amount I had been noticing it I thought it was maybe happening 4-6 days a month with only maybe 10ml at most coming out, which is what I told the Dr when he asked. Well it seems I was quite wrong about that, the pads have been wet closer to 3-5 days a week with an average weight around 40g-60g higher than dry weight after about 10 hours with a couple days higher than that.

So I have an appointment to chat to the Dr coming up on Monday to update him and show the tracking data I have recorded and will see what he says.

In the meantime I do have another question or two...
I decided on using the pads because coming into this from the DL side of it I figured knowing that the pads only hold tiny amounts and also don't feel anything like a diaper I wouldn't have any desire or capability to just use them rather than a toilet which would skew any data collection. I was right about this however I also found that the pads were quite uncomfortable and while they are a bit more compatible and easy to manage at work they are still (like diapers) not really suitable or easy to keep hidden from colleagues at my job.

This is a slight issue because, now knowing how much it is actually happening it would possibly explain a lot of the new skin problems I've been having down there the last couple years (if my pants are getting wet that often and drying without me knowing) So I was looking around for options to manage it and discovered sheath/condom catheters.

I bought a set from amazon with a leg bag to try out and found it to be much more suitable for working, I can still use the toilet when needed and just empty/measure if anything does collect in the bag, it's much less irritating down there, I don't have to worry about "wet diaper scents" or changing and discarding used pads without anyone seeing/asking questions and with it not feeling like a diaper I don't get the "screw it I'll just go in the diaper and change later" thoughts (I'm using the smallest bag so I know it won't actually hold a full wee either).

My big question is does anyone have experience of using these long term? any issues I might need to be aware of or problems with them? any skin problems? For quite a while now I have been using an anti itch cream (eurax) daily as well as moisturiser and other skin care products for regular skin issues (even when not wearing any diapers for a while) but have only felt the need to use that a couple times in the last week or so since using the sheaths.

Also I ended up going to a supplier website (for Ugo Fix) that said you could order samples and they would set up a call back with a urology/continence nurse to help find the most suitable products. I got he call and she went through some things and worked out which size I needed and sent out some sample sheaths + prep wipes and tape (which fit better than the ones I tried which were definitely too big), but she mentioned about a prescription service they do with Vyne, in which when it's time to order more they get the prescription from the GP and then send the products out.

I'll be talking with the GP on Monday about this but currently wondering if anyone (especially in the UK) has any experience of services like this, how they work etc. I know they are usually a prescription item though there are places that just sell the sheaths. Is the GP likely to accept the use of these especially given the possible improvement in skin condition or are they more inclined to suggest other means of managing it?
I am in the UK and wear a pubic pressure urinal which utilises a leg bag but instead of a sheath my penis sits in a rubber cone which is held tight against my body with rubber waist and groin straps. Ask your GP to refer you to the Continence Advisory Service who will check out the most suitable system for you whether it is a sheath, body worn urinal or nappies. They can then order everything on the NHS and set up a regular supply for you and give you options on bag sizes, leg bag support, barrier creams etc. Hope this helps but feel free to PM if you want to chat.

Back