Unpredictable October

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
That was a really strange month, i got the Botox in July and i think it is loosing its effectiveness, but my main problem is that my bladder changes its behavior all the time.

I had a week of cramps and some kind of "thoracic vertebra blockage", which fired up the bladder as well, i got diarrhea several times in this month, very close to loosing the control here as well. I had problems with the pelvic floor on pain and later the bladder was on pain, than the bladder neck felt strange. Some other days my bladder was like a reflex bladder, sending no warning at all and now i had some small accidents in the night, no full leakage, but i would call it, very, very close calls and waking up in panic. The last two days i was three times unable to pee at all and with a lot of pressure, but no pain in the bladder, i could simply not let go. This i a very strange feeling, even more strange than not to get informed by the bladder it will start peeing now. But i had also days where my bladder was like think is considered "normal", normal pressure, normal voiding, maybe a little more often than most people, about 15 times a day, so perhaps like an OAB dry.

I have had all this stuff before, but not in that short amount of time and not from one day to the other.

Can anybody relate? I will have the next appointment at my urologist in January, this is not very short term, shall i ask for an earlier appointment or just wait what will happen this month?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: EcoIncon, Diprs2, Freddie07601 and 1 other person
Pino said:
That was a really strange month, i got the Botox in July and i think it is loosing its effectiveness, but my main problem is that my bladder changes its behavior all the time.

I had a week of cramps and some kind of "thoracic vertebra blockage", which fired up the bladder as well, i got diarrhea several times in this month, very close to loosing the control here as well. I had problems with the pelvic floor on pain and later the bladder was on pain, than the bladder neck felt strange. Some other days my bladder was like a reflex bladder, sending no warning at all and now i had some small accidents in the night, no full leakage, but i would call it, very, very close calls and waking up in panic. The last two days i was three times unable to pee at all and with a lot of pressure, but no pain in the bladder, i could simply not let go. This i a very strange feeling, even more strange than not to get informed by the bladder it will start peeing now. But i had also days where my bladder was like think is considered "normal", normal pressure, normal voiding, maybe a little more often than most people, about 15 times a day, so perhaps like an OAB dry.

I have had all this stuff before, but not in that short amount of time and not from one day to the other.

Can anybody relate? I will have the next appointment at my urologist in January, this is not very short term, shall i ask for an earlier appointment or just wait what will happen this month?
That sounds dreadful, i would ask for an earlier appointment. 😔

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and Pino
@Pino , I find as botox wears off you have inconsistent days as the bladder muscles interact with the PF. Seems to last a couple months. I found it creates odd days where you can go, weakened stream, episodic incontinence, and other times you have to cath.

Try to relieve your PF muscles with stretching, and lower daily stress factors.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
daylight said:
@Pino , I find as botox wears off you have inconsistent days as the bladder muscles interact with the PF. Seems to last a couple months. I found it creates odd days where you can go, weakened stream, episodic incontinence, and other times you have to cath.

Try to relieve your PF muscles with stretching, and lower daily stress factors.
O.K. that is a point, this is my fourth time now, but i can not remember so many issues in such a short time.
I do stretching for my pelvic floor very regular and it helps to some point. Today seems to be a good day, but i feel my bladder neck, like it is buzzing, not the bladder itself, just a little lower. It is strange, really.

• Thinking
Reactions: daylight, EcoIncon and Diprs2
Hi Pino,
I assume you have mastered CIC and have a few catheters at home. If this is the case, I wouldn't worry too much at first and if it gets stuck again I would just empty the bladder using CIC. It is unlikely to be related to the thoracic vertebrae blockage as you describe it. Although th 11/12 is also connected to the bladder neck, it is rather unusual for something like this to happen.
However, if it doesn't go away and there are still possible bowel problems, weakness in the legs or loss of sensitivity, I would have an MRI of the thoracic spine if I were you.
Best regards
Michael

Reactions: Pino and Diprs2
mickdl said:
Hi Pino,
I assume you have mastered CIC and have a few catheters at home. If this is the case, I wouldn't worry too much at first and if it gets stuck again I would just empty the bladder using CIC. It is unlikely to be related to the thoracic vertebrae blockage as you describe it. Although th 11/12 is also connected to the bladder neck, it is rather unusual for something like this to happen.
However, if it doesn't go away and there are still possible bowel problems, weakness in the legs or loss of sensitivity, I would have an MRI of the thoracic spine if I were you.
Best regards
Michael
Hi Mick, no, i do not think the TVB was the reason at all, but it is an indicator for massive muscle cramps and this always effects my bladder and pelvic floor as well.
I do have catheters with me all the time and i do it like you said to prevent any damage and to reduce stress to the bladder.
The last days were O.K., feeling mostly normal and only two accidents. But i had two days massive IBS problems again.

I will just wait and see what happens. Yesterday i realized i may have got more neurogenic problems (or stronger) than i thought, when i did a "Rebound" testing with my wife and punched myself hard, i will have to ask for that next year. (Holmes Rebound Phenomenon)
Additionally i got an huge bump on my shin, not knowing where that came from, indicating my Polyneuropathy maybe gotten worse as well.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: EcoIncon
sorry you are struggling @Pino . I don't know of anything to add as I've never dealt with such a rapid shift in symptoms. I hope you figure it out soon.

Pino said:
O.K. that is a point, this is my fourth time now, but i can not remember so many issues in such a short time.
I do stretching for my pelvic floor very regular and it helps to some point. Today seems to be a good day, but i feel my bladder neck, like it is buzzing, not the bladder itself, just a little lower. It is strange, really.

a little late to the conversation, the PF is a complex set of muscles, I was surprised to find how much stretching and relaxation affects my bladder.

Back