Underwear After Potty Training

JazzBaby said:
I've been curious about this topic and I wanted to post it for months now, but I wasn't sure where it should go. I was wondering: What was your first big boy or girl underwear after potty training? I guess this is maybe mostly for the younger members on the site. Did your parents tempt you to get out of diapers with underwear of a favorite cartoon character of yours at the time or something that you thought was cool?
I think mine were mostly one colour, and i think i had two with caracters. One Was spiderman and one was Bob the builder

I don’t really remember potty training and my first underwear, but based on what my younger brothers had, the progression would have been diapers (cloth) to thick cotton trainers to tightly whities. I do remember having some thicker briefs, kinda halfway between the trainers and regular briefs at age 4-5. I was fully potty trained, but tended when busy to wait until the last minute before running to the toilet, often resulting in damp pants but rarely a full accident. When Underoos came out, I was too old for them, but I did get a pack of briefs one time maybe age 6 or 7 that were normal tightly whities in the back, but with a color patterned front panel made of a thinner boxer-like material. The design was terrible. The flap in the front would gap open, and the thin material was fairly non-absorbent, so any dribble or leak would spread and soak the whole front panel, leaving them feeling quite wet. OK, so maybe they weren’t so bad!

Tighty whities. Been wearing them ever since. I tried boxers and boxer briefs and couldn't stand them. It was back to tighty whities. I'm 58 and I'm still rocking in my tighty whities.

Last edited:
I think mine were spiderman or jurassic park briefs

Reactions: wetaccident and JazzBaby
My first underwear after toilet training was colored underwear in solid colors like dark blue or dark green. Before that my mother tried white underwear on me but I would confuse them with diapers because they were almost the same color as the Pampers that I used to wear and to me they felt similar.

JazzBaby said:
I've been curious about this topic and I wanted to post it for months now, but I wasn't sure where it should go. I was wondering: What was your first big boy or girl underwear after potty training? I guess this is maybe mostly for the younger members on the site. Did your parents tempt you to get out of diapers with underwear of a favorite cartoon character of yours at the time or something that you thought was cool?
I was a childhood bedwetter. I kept a chart of my progress to dryness: 30 days led to training panties, 60 to big boy briefs, 90 meant no more rubber sheet. I made it to 30 a couple of times but could not maintain it for more than a few days.🥲

I remember going to pick my underwear when I was three , but it was so frustrating as it took me another year for me to get it as they then chose to wait until I was completely ready. I recall them being like the middle one here 81pkOPkfwLL._AC_UY1100_.jpg

Reactions: goodniteswearer89, JazzBaby and Hell2DaNaw
My first underwear were Jurassic Park.

Reactions: wetaccident and Hell2DaNaw
My first underwear was some type of white underwear. That didn’t work out very well because due to the color and feel of it I had a tendency to confuse it with the Pampers that I used to wear.

Therefore in order to keep my toilet training from sliding back too much my mother had to switch me to colored underwear that was visually very different from the diapers that I used to wear. Solid colors like dark blue or dark green worked best for that purpose.

After that my training started to come along much better. Accidents would still happen if I wasn’t near a bathroom but at least with colored underwear I was trying to hold it and little by little my control started to improve.

Reactions: wetaccident and Hell2DaNaw
Let’s see I remember having a set of Scooby doo undies do with shaggy scooby & the rest of the gang don’t really remember much else

Reactions: Hell2DaNaw
I wore mostly tighty-whities which was unfortunate as they didn't do much to camouflage stains from frequent accidents or skidmarks. I know I did get some TMNT undies for awhile that I really liked.

Standard, boring, Y-front tighty whities.

Back