Under my parents roof...

GumbDrop

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ive been living with my parents for a bit now, and i will be moving out in a few years after college. Ive never tried adult diapers or anything manufactured since babyhood. ive been using a makeshift towel diaper, that ive found out to be somewhat similar to cloth diapers, but how can i make a diaper that accurately represent adult diapers? Plus, once i move out, what is a good starting diaper to order (i was thinking Underjams cuz i heard theyre comfy and cheap for my size)?

You're probably already doing exactly all you can without buying proper cloth or disposable diapers honestly, but on the internet you see some strange things. Someone might swoop into this thread and suggest something even better as a makeshift diaper until you're able to do it right.

I could never get the towel diaper thing right other than for adding thickness for waddling.

I can't help with the DYI diaper... but I'd say just figure it out and get an amazon gift card, order some Rearz or other fun diapers in your size, have it shipped to a drop off spot so that you can pick them up whenever you are able to. Other option is to find a Wal Mart or Drug store which has self check out. I bought a $6 tee shirt which I used to cover up the diaper pack in my cart. Just stroll up to the self check out and quickly scan and put into a grocery bag! You can try walking up and down the isle a few time to try and find the right pack/size... once you're ready just grab it and go! You won't regret it!

Well, unfortunately most good Adult Diapers are almost exclusively stuff you have to order online.

But there are many ways you could cautiously sneak good diapers in to wherever you are gonna end up staying.

What I do is just time my orders, but that is easy since ABUniverse is good (and big) enough to realize that they should only list what is "In Stock" as something that is In Stock, which was my experience with Tykables (that was a while ago, so idk if things improved), and I always make sure stock is at the Baltimore Wearhouse (living in a small part of the vast area that is considered "Upstate New York" ) ; so I (always so far) get my orders in 3 days.

Of course there is also the route of having something delivered to a "Depot" of sorts, which I have never done, but some of us do this; and then to hide the diapers in an intermediate hiding space until we can "sneak" the diapers past unknowning/unaware eyes.

If you want to stick with DIY cloth, you could maybe sew one? Flat diapers are the easiest, you just need a square piece of fabric (terry cloth, gauze, maybe even flannel though that's not the best option) and then need to hem the edges. A prefold requires more layers, but is still relatively easy. A fitted cloth diaper is somewhat advanced, but can give you a nice result that you can add snaps or velcro to.

For all of these options though, if you want to use the diaper, you will need plastic pants or some other kind of waterproof layer. Those can be sewn, but I think most materials you will still need to order online.

I'm in the same situation as you, still living under my parent's roof. I'm happy with home made cloth diapers, since I'm pretty okay at the sewing machine, but I know that that's not neccessarily an option for everyone. Wish you luck :)

I don't know if it would work for you but I went to my dad and told him I have been wetting the bed since I was a kid and that I have been wearing diapers for it and he said that he was was more bothered by me not saying anything sooner he even helped me find diapers online

I always buy Rearz on Amazon. You must have some access to cash. Tykables.com is $35.00 with free shipping. Abuniverse.com is free shipping too. IF YOU BUY ABDL STYLE you will be happy.
www.Abuniverse.com
www.tykables.com

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

Back