{UK} Diapers in college.

Spaceweeb

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Was curious if anyone wore diapers during college?
What diapers did you wear? Did anyone know? Any stories that came from wearing diapers?

Also ive put UK because I'm using the world college for its meaning here. I want to hear what everyone has to say so dont not share!

I started wearing in college. Back then, there was only medical ones…. I think I wore abena when I could get anything.
I met a few other DLs while I was in school. I had a searchable file on some group, and I know someone at my school found me in a search… so I know a few people knew. Some of my roommates were aware as well.
Those were crazy days. Benge/purge. Meet ups. I don’t miss it.

Reactions: ICDiaperLover
Spaceweeb said:
What diapers did you wear? Did anyone know? Any stories that came from wearing diapers?

Also ive put UK because I'm using the world college for its meaning here. I want to hear what everyone has to say so dont not share!

I guess you mean college as in what the US would call high school? I never got the chance to, nor would I have felt brave enough at the time (25+ years ago) but my take on it is that if you're in public wearing diapers, no-one is gonna say anything, even if they notice. They'll assume you need them or medical reasons and it'd take a really cruel person to point it out for a laugh so I wear in public without fear.

Reactions: TrueHero
“Pre-university” might work for us Yanks. High school here is typically ages 14-18, and stopping anywhere in the middle is strongly discouraged, regardless of university ambitions. It’s definitely not a perfect match for college in the UK.

Anyway, I never wore diapers to school before university. I’m sure that if I’d actually needed them, I’d have found (or been provided) some way to wear and change them discreetly. As it was, I had no such need, and I was wayyyyy too afraid of the potential teasing!

While at university, it seemed to me that people were a lot more accepting and less apt to tease, so I did end up wearing diapers to class a number of times. I found it a bit distracting though (for me), and so it never became a regular thing.

Cottontail said:
“Pre-university” might work for us Yanks. High school here is typically ages 14-18, and stopping anywhere in the middle is strongly discouraged, regardless of university ambitions. It’s definitely not a perfect match for college in the UK.

Anyway, I never wore diapers to school before university. I’m sure that if I’d actually needed them, I’d have found (or been provided) some way to wear and change them discreetly. As it was, I had no such need, and I was wayyyyy too afraid of the potential teasing!

While at university, it seemed to me that people were a lot more accepting and less apt to tease, so I did end up wearing diapers to class a number of times. I found it a bit distracting though (for me), and so it never became a regular thing.

Maybe a general further educational college, kinda like a community college in the US? Anyway, reiterating Cottontail, the older the audience in education, the more accepting they tend to be.

Translation:

Nursery: Anywhere from 0 - 5
Primary School - 5 - 11
Secondary School - 11 - 16
Sixth Form College - 16 - 18

Then we have a tiered system:

Technical College (Further Education) - 16 onwards with no upper limit course dependent.

University (Higher Education) - 18 onwards with no upper limit.

I never wore at college or university, got into this after I finished both.

Yeah i've worn them to secondary school , i wore tena super and some asian brand adult medical diaper back then. Initially no one knew but i was found out at school camp , its kinda complicated and a long story but to cut it short i was a bedwetter and had to wear diapers to bed and lets just say wearing tape on diapers with many others is not an easy thing to do hiding it . My classmates caught on and yeah they found out and word spread damm fast , starting from my cohort to even the lower secondary . Eventually almost the whole school knows , for quite some time i had been wearing discreetly during the day to school but when i was caught it was when i actually needed it at night . Naturally kids being kids back then i was teased a lot and called names thoughout like baby , diaper boy pampers boy etc

Spaceweeb said:

Yes at the time I was going for a procedure which required me to wear. or id end up going all over the floor so I wore some nappies. I sat as far away from people as I new I didn't smell good ( evening class)
To be honest I shouldn't of gone in , but I didn't want to miss a class.

While I was quite often in diapers during that age range I never wore to college, I was still quite self conscious about wearing outside the house at all.

If I had the confidence and finds that i do now then I would probably have been in them most days, would have made certain classes more enjoyable, not to mention lunch breaks and free periods at the pub.

Since I've always been incontinent, I went to all of my schooling while being diapered. Obviously grammar school was difficult. But jr. high school and high school wasn't my favorite place. Plenty of teasing but my nuns, brothers and the priests along with the staff (Catholic school), they tried to protect me. They tried. When I went to high school (again Catholic [co-ed] ) I was better hiding my diaper. Until I had a fairly large BM accident in school and everyone knew. I was called "diaper boy" but my true friends treated me like the rest of them. When I finally got to college I had my own solo dorm room. It was easier to hide my incontinence. After 2 years I rented an apartment right threw grad school. Nobody knew.

I studied at college as a teen, not long after my nervous system broke, losing most of my bladder control, due to chronic neurological issues.

It was also around this time I started to use a wheelchair because walking around became very tiring and painful, for much the same reasons.

I was still new to everything so I wasn’t as confident as I am with it all now. But I managed.

It was a big changing point in my life - but not the one that I planned or hoped for. But I managed.

I was pretty discreet about my diaper needs, but if my padding showed by accident, no-one had an issue with it. But that was because I looked disabled, and no-one there knew me before I was sick, so it was a fresh start for a ‘new me.’

Since then I’ve gone back to college, doing a bit of part-time teaching, while being safely (and discreetly) diapered 24/7. And as I’ve said elsewhere, it didn’t hold me back. My diapers helped me focus on the lesson at hand, instead of worrying about my bladder.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Back