Uk Alternative to Tena Ultima proskin

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi all,

I have been a long time user of the Tena Ultima proskin for night use however lately I have been having skin flare ups, I’m not sure if they have changed some chemicals or if it’s totally unrelated.

I was going to change to a different nappy for a few weeks to see if it helps.

So my question is what is there available in the Uk that’s similar in fit and performance to the Ultima?

Thanks for any advice.

The Vivactive brand from incontinence choice shop (own brand) is actually not bad, you could also try Attends, ID or Northshore which are good, there are other brands that may be suitable for you that some rate well and others don't like mollicare or lille and arena.

I'd say the Vivactive and Attends are probably closest though.

I personally like the iD slip maxi prime - cotton feel and really good absorbency. Haven’t ordered them recently, but they were a bit stiff - a lot of pulp tho 😅
My goto between tena slip ultima and iD maxi prime would still be the Tena but those come right after that - abdl diapers aside.
Hope that helps!

Home and able to put more time into a response here.

It might not be the Tena's causing a flare up, I am not aware of anything having changed recently so if you are using the same brand you have for a long time then it is unlikely to be the cause.

What may be causing skin issues could be something else on your skin, new moisturiser, soaps, deodorant, or any number of things from the environment around you not mixing well with urine, there could also be something due to changes in the weather and temperature (for instance being a bit warmer might mean you are sweating more and even just a little bit can cause a "jock itch" or chaffing rash) or a combination of things. Even down as far as the things you have been eating or drinking may be having an effect on your bodies chemical balance. Heck even increased emotional stress can cause rashes and other physical problems.

Then there is the matter of aging and skin deterioration over time, as you get older the skin gets weaker and thinner thus more easily irritated, this isn't an overnight occurrence and takes a long time but it happens, then there is the matter of personal hygiene, I'm sure you take care of yourself but maybe you haven't been quite as thorough recently and it's creating a problem, easy to do. Or perhaps you had a bit of a rash/infection that may have seemed negligible or to get better but hadn't fully cleared and so keeps coming back.

Considering the number of nappy users out there (from babies to adults) skin reactions to a specific brand of nappy are actually very uncommon, it can happen but not that often, it is also possible to develop an allergic or similar reaction to something that you have been using for a long time but again in the case of nappies this is unlikely.

Trying a new brand of nappies is probably the easiest thing to try and "rule out", and if it works then after a while try switching back to Tena's and see if it returns. but it may be something else that needs a different approach.

Thank you all for the reply’s, I need to think and see if anything else has changed as quite rightly said by belarin it could be all manor of things causing.

I was thinking about the abena M4 are these still considered any good?

I think their cloth material lets too much moisture through and clump a bit too much.
They recently got thinner with their new design - haven’t tried these yet…

I agree with Euli. The M4's are barely okay, at least for the market here in America. From my experience, their tapes have gone down in quality, and can pop off fairly easily. As a side sleeper who rolls quite a bit in my sleep, it's rendered them useless for night time use.

Hopefully someone else in the UK can chime in if they are better over there, but I wouldn't recommend them. You could consider Molicare or Seni if you're looking for similar alternatives. I haven't used either recently though, so I'm basing this recommendation off of reviews that I've seen for them.

Would give ID slip maxi and/or maxi prime a try, there fairly close to Ultimas, possibly a bit bulkier.

Drylife slip super, if and when there available.

Don't think molicare or attends have anything high capacity as the tenas.

Alternatively, try a lower capacity nappy and change more often if you continue to have skin issues

Back