Tykables tapes

Diaperedlife13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Has anyone been having issues with tykables tapes lately? They always seem to be popping lately. A pack of camos I have every single one the tapes pop almost instantly and then the rest of them the tapes pop after a couple hours. I have always worn exclusively tykables and lately I'm starting to think I might need to change brands

I just got some Tighty Whities, haven't had any issues.

I'm working thru a case I got (mixed styles) and haven't had an issue that wasn't my fault. I had one lower tape pop but it was because I fastened on a crease. It regrabbed on its own just a bit looser.

Reactions: Diaperedlife13
Many manufacturers will print a manufactured date code on the packaging. check-it and write it down. Call the manufacturer or supplier and provide them the information. Have a roll of Duct Tape as this can and does happen. Storage at high or low temperatures will effect the tape and cause it to pop loose.

Assure that your hands are clean and free of any paste, oils or powder!

Reactions: CrayonRocket
I have never had any issues with the cammies myself. I do recommend as others have said to keep the tapes and landing zone clean and free of oils/powders. Make sure your not taping on creases, start with the bottoms and make sure the whole tape is in a flat spot. Then do the top tapes because if the top ones overlap it will still stick (yes hook and loop included). Worst case scenario I find packing tape to really stick to diapers well if I break a tape like I have before. Its also see through so you can still see the print! Packing tape can also be used to keep your little one from taking their diaper off if anyone reading this is on the caregiver side of things!

Be warry though as diaper tapes can expire! I'm not sure how long you have had the pack open for but if its been a while it could be why they are popping. It could also very much be manufacturing defect.

Reactions: CrayonRocket and Edgewater
LittleNomster said:
I have never had any issues with the cammies myself. I do recommend as others have said to keep the tapes and landing zone clean and free of oils/powders. Make sure your not taping on creases, start with the bottoms and make sure the whole tape is in a flat spot. Then do the top tapes because if the top ones overlap it will still stick (yes hook and loop included). Worst case scenario I find packing tape to really stick to diapers well if I break a tape like I have before. Its also see through so you can still see the print! Packing tape can also be used to keep your little one from taking their diaper off if anyone reading this is on the caregiver side of things!

Be warry though as diaper tapes can expire! I'm not sure how long you have had the pack open for but if its been a while it could be why they are popping. It could also very much be manufacturing defect.
I don't use powders or oils so that's not really a factor for me. And I always do bottom tapes first. Like I said. I've been wearing tykables literally since they started as snuggies. Never an issue. Just recently this it seems I'm always having issues with the hook and loop from them. And I think I read they changed the tape layout so I'm wondering if that's the case.

Reactions: Edgewater
Diaperedlife13 said:
I don't use powders or oils so that's not really a factor for me. And I always do bottom tapes first. Like I said. I've been wearing tykables literally since they started as snuggies. Never an issue. Just recently this it seems I'm always having issues with the hook and loop from them. And I think I read they changed the tape layout so I'm wondering if that's the case.
Sorry to hear you are having issues. We haven't changed our tapes themselves. Please check the date on the bottom of the bag and email [email protected] with that information so we can log it and look into this further.

Reactions: CrayonRocket and Edgewater
I had an issue recently, where the same tape kept popping off. Emailed customer support with pictures and the bag manufacturer date and they were super helpful resolving the issue. Tykables is the best imo.

Reactions: TigerDL and todaler
Agree on customer support being amazing. Still love their diapers. Had a problem with the tighty whities and they sent me printed replacements after asking for pictures of the defect. I wasn’t planning on getting the animooz but decided to try them when they asked me to pick a replacement pack. They are of outstanding quality and have to be my new favorite diaper. They have a higher capacity and feel more discreet.

Tykables have been my go-to for years now as I really love the wider “waddle-cut” crotch area, as well as the velcro tapes. I’ve noticed two minor issues over time:
1- The tapes sometimes tend to pull away from the landing area in front, which then tend to catch on clothing (onesies, t-shirts, pants, etc) and pull off. While adding a diaper cover solves this issue, I wish the tapes were a wee bit more “aggressive” about holding on to the diaper.
2- It seems like their “Little Builders” are more prone to this than their other, heavier-duty, diapers. It seems like the plastic front zone is lighter weight, and the velcro facing isn’t as strong. I know “LB’s” are designed to be a thinner, day-time, diaper- but again, it would be nice to have more aggressive closures.
Just my 2-cents…

Tinklepanties said:
Tykables have been my go-to for years now as I really love the wider “waddle-cut” crotch area, as well as the velcro tapes. I’ve noticed two minor issues over time:
1- The tapes sometimes tend to pull away from the landing area in front, which then tend to catch on clothing (onesies, t-shirts, pants, etc) and pull off. While adding a diaper cover solves this issue, I wish the tapes were a wee bit more “aggressive” about holding on to the diaper.
2- It seems like their “Little Builders” are more prone to this than their other, heavier-duty, diapers. It seems like the plastic front zone is lighter weight, and the velcro facing isn’t as strong. I know “LB’s” are designed to be a thinner, day-time, diaper- but again, it would be nice to have more aggressive closures.
Just my 2-cents…
We hear you loud and clear on the tapes snagging on clothes. Here's a little insider info: our Hook and Loop setup on the Active Littles Grips™ is actually double the size of what many other brands use. That's part of the magic behind the name – they're designed to give you a whole lot more sticking power, perfect for staying active and comfy. Despite this, we understand that sometimes they might still catch on clothing due to fit or just the hustle and bustle of daily life.

We're all about making our diapers better, listening to what you need, and getting those details right. Your feedback's like gold to us, seriously. It's sparking ideas for tweaks and improvements to make those Active Littles Grips™ even more reliable. We're experimenting with new things, and when we hit on the perfect formula, you'll be the first to know because we'll roll it out across all our diapers.

Thanks a million for your two cents. It's super valuable and helps us keep pushing to make our products even better. Keep an eye out for updates – we're always on the move, inspired by what you guys share with us.

Reactions: TigerDL, Tinklepanties, Edgewater and 1 other person
@todaler make something that has wetness indicators similar to ABU Little Kings. That’s the only reason I ordered from them last time. Overall I like your products better but I just love a nice wetness indicator strip. Fade-when-wet just doesn’t do it for me.

Last edited:
TheMat said:
@todaler make something that has wetness indicators similar to ABU Little Kings. That’s the only reason I ordered from them last time. Overall I like your products better but I just love a nice wetness indicator strip. Fade-when-wet just doesn’t do it for me.
The Soggers does this actually and will be available soon.

Reactions: TigerDL, TheMat and Edgewater
I'm exploring Tykables for the first time with an 8 bag mixed case and haven't run into tape problems so far. I usually wear a few layers of protection over my diaper, so the hook and loop tabs stay put don't get caught on my outer clothing.

So far I have used an entire bag of Camelots and now I'm about halfway through a bag of Little Rascals. I also enjoyed a bag of white Str8Ups a while back, so after I'm done with this mixed case I will order more in the future.

Reactions: Edgewater and todaler
I have a Tykable subscription so I get a variety from them I have had a few cases where the tapes did what you are describing. It was fairly random, and so not too concerning. Just frustrating. But overall I gotta say I’m very happy with them discovering damn was kind of a game changer for me. I love their diaper. It feels like a real diaper and their nighttime ones are awesome. They hold a lot of liquid.

Reactions: Tinklepanties and Edgewater
Back