Tykables Early Leaks

tunafish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Looking for some input - I've been trying out some Tykables products for the first time and I think they're some of the most comfortable diapers. But they leak on me early, every single time. It seems to come from the padding outside the leak guards. Any ideas or tips? I don't think they're on too tight, and they're definitely not too big. I tape straight across the bottom. And down from the top tapes.

Reactions: Edgewater and Sidewinder
I’ve honestly never had an issue. What diaper are you wearing. I’ll pee up to I think it took 5 times to actually get it to leak. Or if I let my 2qt enema go in it. I’ll be right at the point of leaking especially if I’m really full. But I’ve never had a diaper leak from 1 or 2 wets. Let me know maybe I can help you.

Reactions: zx670512
If you've got male equipment and you're pointing it up, try pointing it down into the crotch area of the diaper. Leak guards aren't great at sealing against abdomens and bellies. Peeing upwards is a really common cause of leaks for the AMABs among us.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, Edgewater, tunafish and 1 other person
diaperlover1988 said:
I’ve honestly never had an issue. What diaper are you wearing. I’ll pee up to I think it took 5 times to actually get it to leak. Or if I let my 2qt enema go in it. I’ll be right at the point of leaking especially if I’m really full. But I’ve never had a diaper leak from 1 or 2 wets. Let me know maybe I can help you.
Been trying out the cammies. Afaik, most tykables products are the same.

Cottontail said:
If you've got male equipment and you're pointing it up, try pointing it down into the crotch area of the diaper. Leak guards aren't great at sealing against abdomens and bellies. Peeing upwards is a really common cause of leaks for the AMABs among us.
Yeah, that sucks. I think it's less comfortable pointing down, but I should try it out.

Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Cottontail and Edgewater
Assure you are in fact properly prepping the diaper by folding lengthwise down the center to set a U-channel into the center of the diaper. Next is to pull the diaper lengthwise to verify that the leak guards are standing front to back! Once the diaper is in place, while standing, with a finger assure that the U-channel is in place, when it is, move your legs together to help heat and hold the U-channel is place.

Yes, clearly position yourself 'down the center of the channel. You will quickly become a believer when your leak issues reduce.

NOTE: Diapers will leak (commonly user error) and it is worth using plastic pants (diaper covers). I have been 24/7, U-IC and this method as confirmed above by Cottontail and Cottontail's advice provided is spot-on!

Last edited:
Reactions: tunafish, TigerDL and Cottontail
tunafish said:
I think it's less comfortable pointing down, but I should try it out.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I mostly wear traditional cloth diapers, and in those you can point up with impunity. And I usually do, because like you I find it more comfortable. Disposables are another matter though.

Reactions: tunafish and Edgewater
Literally never have issues with tykables. It's one of the only diapers I know when I'm out and about I'll never leak

It’s always interesting to hear people point up. I can’t imagine it.

Reactions: Edgewater
Cottontail said:
I always point up, but usually have a baby diaper up there folded in half to protect the top from becoming a fountain, and when the top portion is saturated, or when I'm going to bed, I'll point downwards. How else are we going to use the top portion, and not waste any valuable part of our nappies?

Reactions: Cottontail
Diaperedlife13 said:
Literally never have issues with tykables. It's one of the only diapers I know when I'm out and about I'll never leak
That's why I'm really happy with what I had. I'm down to 3 Tykables Unicorns, and don't want them to disappear, but I can't hold on to them forever can I?

• Sad
Reactions: Edgewater
Sealander said:
If your equipment isn't that lengthy, you shouldn't have an issue pointing upwards to wet the top portion the ladies can't reach, especially when you place a baby diaper there to make things easier.

Reactions: tunafish and Sealander
Sealander said:
Well, for a DL with sexual connotation, pointing down may be too hard. Your angle may vary.

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater and Sealander
Back